SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
For some reason qfixsage does not work with the external apps .... but it does work if you use a trigger job.
I've just been looking at the original thread and found that that is how I suggest running it. I've updated the first post with the info from there. It's been a long time since this was done originally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
John it appears for some reason your are not passing the file name by default? and the Qfix job does not use %1.
It definitely passes the full filename as %1 but if I recall corectly there was some issues with running an exe with the batch file that is called directly.

John
Old 07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

John,

Yep we went down this road a long time ago... and I recall too using a trigger job.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-12-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage Expert

Using the trigger worked! Thanks for the help guys. I can now successfully run the original batch file no problem at all.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is this the right approach to enable me, from the extender, to either shutdown or restart the server hosting Sage?

I'm guessing so, but just wanted to see.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Long story made short: Bought a ZBOX HD-ID11-U to use as a client, having trouble getting all the codecs right to watch different types of movies, but they all work in MPC-HC or VLC.

Question: I just found this pluggin and I'm wondering, can I use it to "send" a video file to MPC-HC, watch it, and when it's done, return me back to Sage?

Thanks!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Question: I just found this pluggin and I'm wondering, can I use it to "send" a video file to MPC-HC, watch it, and when it's done, return me back to Sage?
I used to use it to do exactly that.

John
Old 08-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

John, that's great news, thank you! Question, do you use a batch file to do it, or just send the command from the pluggin? Are there examples, perhaps in the old thread? Thanks again!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 08-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Sage Expert

Has anybody used this to launch PDVD or TMT for bluray movies?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
John, that's great news, thank you! Question, do you use a batch file to do it, or just send the command from the pluggin? Are there examples, perhaps in the old thread? Thanks again!
I used a batch file. Here's what I used for launching TheaterTek
Quote:
"C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH %1
John
Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't used this specifically, but I've got a 'working version' of a plugin that adds a 'Play in External Player' to the options menu for DVD's and BluRay's. Suppose I should get around to polishing it up and publishing it. It was a quick and dirty fix for my move to v7 (wife wouldn't have allowed the move without it).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Sage User

Yes Fuzzy! Please do post and publish your solution...I am tired of running down to my basement to manually launch a BD because it won't play in SageTV.

Thanks in advance!

George
Old 08-07-2010, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

well, it's certainly not a simple 'install plugin' type thing. Most importantly, you've got to have a method of controlling TMT3. or me, I have a separate Girder profile that is used for TMT. Part of the batch file I use to launch TMT sets the girder profile, AND sets my output to 24Hz. Then launches TMT3 with the path to the bluray rip, then after TMT closes, it sets refresh back to 60, and sets girder back to sage.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Thanks Fuzzy...I will give this a try. I have LM Remote Keymap as opposed to Girder...but it's pretty powerful. Still seems rather "Rube Goldberg" but hey...if it works!

Thanks.

George

Old 11-06-2010, 12:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I haven't used this specifically, but I've got a 'working version' of a plugin that adds a 'Play in External Player' to the options menu for DVD's and BluRay's. Suppose I should get around to polishing it up and publishing it. It was a quick and dirty fix for my move to v7 (wife wouldn't have allowed the move without it).
Any way we will see a plugin?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Any way we will see a plugin?
Y'know, I totally forgot about it.. I'll have to get around to wrapping this up.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post

Using the trigger worked! Thanks for the help guys. I can now successfully run the original batch file no problem at all.

Can you post the method that was successful to run the VideoReDo Quickstreamfix in one post? It's hard to follow what was successful, including the trigger file.

Processing files with Quickstreamfix would be nice. However, I would like to modify the script to process files with Comskip using the "External Apps" plugin.

Dave
Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Sage Expert

Hi Dave,

The trigger script simply looks like this:

Code:
start D:\Sage\QFixSage\qfixsage.bat %1
This is the file that you have the External Apps plugin point to (make sure you have the right path).

And then this is the actually qfixsage.bat file which runs VideoReDo's quick stream fix (some configuration is needed at the beginning of the file):

Code:
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working" goto end
dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" goto end
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.compressed" goto end
del "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"

set extension=mpg
set usetouch=no

set touchpath=D:\Sage\QFixSage\
set videoredo_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes

rem "set delOriginal above to yes or no.... yes will delete original mpg and replace with QFixed file."
rem "if set to no will QFix file to tmpEncode directory but will not delete original...."

rem ........Do Not Touch Below................................................
Title QFixxing %1
if Not exist "%~f1" exit
if NOT exist "%videoredo_path%vp.vbs" goto :errorvrd
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if Not exist "%touchpath%touch.exe" goto errtouch

md "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode"

START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "%videoredo_path%vp.vbs" "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" /t1 /d /q
if errorlevel = 1 goto end
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%touchpath%touch.exe" -r "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if errorlevel = 1 goto :errtouch
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" del "%~f1"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~f1" echo "Qfix Completed">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" if exist "%~f1" echo "File In Use Not Replaced">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.inuse%extension%"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" if not exist "%~f1" move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.%extension%"
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"
:end
exit
:errorvrd
echo "Videoredo not found in %videoredo_path%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.error"
exit
:errtouch
echo "Error Touch.exe not found in %touchpath%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.error"
exit
Credit to nyplayer for the code.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for this app (External Apps) !!!

When the 'demigrator' on my WHS runs while watching a blu-ray, it often causes stuttering for a minute or so. This can occur twice during a movie, as the demigrator runs hourly. Very annoying.

Now I use External Apps on my extenders to launch DemigratorOff.bat before the movie starts and DemigratorOn.bat at the end. Very cool. Solves the problem while I test server alternatives to WHS v1.

Thanks again.
SageTV 7.1.9 on Win 7 Ultimate x86; Intel DH67CF, i3-2100T, 4GB DDR3, 60GB SSD, 8TB Drive Bender storage pool, blu-ray. 2x HD PVR (SA 4250HD firewire channel change), 2x HD200 extenders (external IR receiver mod, HD300 remotes).
Plugins: Custom Main Menu, Enable/Disable Favorites, Stock Manager, Web Interface, Mobile Web Interface, PlayOn
Old 02-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

I'm trying to setup an external app that will take .vprj files that Showanalyzer creates, and cuts the commercials in a file replacing the existing file. I've taken the exact batch scripts I used for the quick stream fix, and simply changed the START command to point to the .vprj file and not the actual recording. I've also setup a new trigger file to run this batch file.

It doesn't work though.

I can see in the taskmanager that the Videoredo application is launching in the background, but it doesn't do anything. No files are being placed in the tmpEncode folder and the CPU usage of the Videoredo application remains at 0%.

I've run this batch file with a recording directly by dragging and dropping the file over the .bat file, and this works fine. It's only when I try to run it from SageTV that it fails. I've attached the batch file below, and as you can see it is identical to the quick stream fix file with the exception of pointing to the .vprj file instead of the mpeg recording.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Code:
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working" goto end
dir "%~f1">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" goto end
IF EXIST "%~d1%~p1%~n1.compressed" goto end
del "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"

set extension=mpg
set usetouch=no

set touchpath=D:\Sage\QFixSage\
set videoredo_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\

set priority=low

set delOriginal=yes

rem "set delOriginal above to yes or no.... yes will delete original mpg and replace with QFixed file."
rem "if set to no will QFix file to tmpEncode directory but will not delete original...."

rem ........Do Not Touch Below................................................
Title QFixxing %1
if Not exist "%~f1" exit
if NOT exist "%videoredo_path%vp.vbs" goto :errorvrd
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if Not exist "%touchpath%touch.exe" goto errtouch

md "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode"

START /B /W /MIN /%priority% cscript.exe //nologo "%videoredo_path%vp.vbs" "%~dp1%~n1.vprj" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" /t1 /d /q
if errorlevel = 1 goto end
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%touchpath%touch.exe" -r "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp"
if /I "%usetouch%" EQU "yes" if errorlevel = 1 goto :errtouch
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" del "%~f1"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~f1" echo "Qfix Completed">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if not exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" if exist "%~f1" echo "File In Use Not Replaced">>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.inuse%extension%"
if /I "%delOriginal%" EQU "yes" if exist "%~d1%~p1%~n1.QFixed" if not exist "%~f1" move "%~d1%~p1tmpEncode\%~n1.tmp" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.%extension%"
del "%~d1%~p1%~n1.working"
:end
exit
:errorvrd
echo "Videoredo not found in %videoredo_path%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.error"
exit
:errtouch
echo "Error Touch.exe not found in %touchpath%" >>"%~d1%~p1%~n1.error"
exit
Old 02-25-2012, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using a trigger job?... You need to use a trigger job.
oops sorry see you are using a trigger job.

Does your VPRJ file include the full path to the file? You can look at it in wordpad.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.