SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernbert View Post
I do see thumbnails, how can I determine if 8080 is blocked?
If you see the thumbnails, then it's not blocked (assuming you didn't catch them locally and are trying over 3G without port forwarding). You can access the web server directly in a browser through:

http://your-ip:8080/apps

With the default sage/frey credentials and appropriate sageTV server ip.

Quote:
What password do I use in the plugin?
If you haven't set a password in SageTCPServer, then you don't...

Quote:
Does the VLC adjust Bitrate over the Wan?
The iOS version does not use VLC, only the Android one...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Sage User

New to TiSageTV

I log in using browser
I get a page indicating media streaming is not public,
So I'm in with that
SageX indicates no carrier
Still not streaming TV
Added password to plugin to see, can't remove it
Still curious if streaming using iOS does bitrate vary to accommodate available BW?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I log in using browser
I get a page indicating media streaming is not public,
You mean this message:

"The Media Streaming Services Plugin provides video streaming services to other applications such as the Mobile Web Interface, it is not an end-user web application."

Then that seems fine. What kind of file were you trying to stream, as not all the formats are supported... If you have setup the 3G access or such, you can pm the details to connect to your SageTV server and I can try it on my end...

Quote:
Added password to plugin to see, can't remove it
If you delete it and hit apply, it should go away.

Quote:
Still curious if streaming using iOS does bitrate vary to accommodate available BW?
Yes, the iOS streaming plugin uses a variant playlist.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Sage User

New to TiSageTV

Just to clarify
Are the thumbnails which you were referring on the TV guide or on recordings?
I see them on the recordings, not on the guide.
Also just deleting the password on the plugin does not work. It errors when I ok the change.
Thank you
Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are the thumbnails which you were referring on the TV guide or on recordings?
Recordings/videos/photos/albums. The TV, Schedule and a bunch of others don't have any, though the current SageTV beta did introduce something for that, so after the official release I'll definitely be looking at it...

Quote:
Also just deleting the password on the plugin does not work. It errors when I ok the change.
Right, typically I check for things not to be null or empty, that's probably why... So I guess for now you can simply use one that you know and use it in the server configuration of TiSageTV too. Or you can shut down SageTV and its service, then edit the Sage.properties file and delete the line:

SageTCPServer/password=
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Sage User

New ti TiSageTV

Ok thank you for all of your help
Still at a loss with Live TV, even on my local wifi where I dont have anything blocked. I also shutdown my Norton Firewall momentarily to see if I'm blocking a port.
So far no go
Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage User

New to TiSageTV

I do say that selecting stream in the Guide to watch Live TV does launch the selected TV channel on Sage, and starts playback of the assigned channel.
I just don't see a player window appear on TiSageTV to stream the current playing file.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Still at a loss with Live TV, even on my local wifi where I dont have anything blocked.
So how exactly are you trying to do it? Start LiveTV, go to Recordings or Status and hit Stream?
Old 06-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Sage User

New to TiSageTV

Since my last post I've learned that my live stream shows under Recordings, but I found that by chance, because at first look the stream is not listed, but after a few key strokes the app vaporized. Then at re-launch the app is listed. I also noticed that a channel change keeps the previous program as a recording.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I do say that selecting stream in the Guide to watch Live TV does launch the selected TV channel on Sage, and starts playback of the assigned channel.
I just don't see a player window appear on TiSageTV to stream the current playing file.
Right, because things are done based on the SageTV client perspective. You don't launch LiveTV or a channel on the iOS device, you launch it on the SageTV client. Once it becomes available, if you want, you can also stream it to the iOS device, but that's not necessarily what most people would want in the first place... I know I don't, why would I stream to my iPod touch when I can playback on my 50" LCD?

Quote:
because at first look the stream is not listed
It's event based, so it takes some time for the SageTV server to notify its plugins that a new file is available, from there the SageTCPServer plugin needs to notify the listening devices, which in turn have to perform an update.

Quote:
but after a few key strokes the app vaporized.
If a page is updating and that you try to queue up some commands, that might indeed lead to some things to execute on stuff that is no longer there or something... But if you can reproduce it, let me know the sequence and I'll try to fix it.

Quote:
I also noticed that a channel change keeps the previous program as a recording.
Again, it takes time for SageTV to delete those left over files and notify the plugins and so on...

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-19-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage User

New to TiSageTV

I see a different performance and function buttons between my iPad 2 and my iTouch 4. My iTouch actually appears easier to function.
Don't get me wrong, I love this app, I'm new to Sage TV as well, and your app is bridging a few of the missing gaps for me which Sage couldn't do, one was being able to schedule while mobile. between that and streaming recorded content would have been worth the price. Streaming live tv, deleting, assets search to me are extra. Nice work.
When I go to the guide, can I jump to a channel, or is spinning the best approach.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I see a different performance and function buttons between my iPad 2 and my iTouch 4. My iTouch actually appears easier to function.
The iPad does have a different UI to make use of the extra space. I did get rid of some extra steps, like expanding the selected item instead of launching a detailed view on the iPhone/iPod, but the functionality is the same. It might appear slower initially, as the thumbnails are bigger, but once cached I don't expect it to be much difference...

Quote:
When I go to the guide, can I jump to a channel, or is spinning the best approach.
I don't understand the question... You can select to browse or watch the current channel, but if you want a different one, you will have to tap on the current one and select a different one...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Alas Fonceur, I was all set to buy this app, noticed the "needs V7" so I decided to go get that first.

Hopefully your work will be usable by more than just the lucky folks who weren't uber-lazy and held off on buying V7 until they needed it. AKA, people like me still want it:-)
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post

Once in your router's configuration, look for some dyns server (or there are many free dyns options). The idea is that your ISP will typically give you a new external IP, so you want a static one that will adjust automatically. This way you would use my-ip.dyns.com or such for 3G access...
Can you explain this, assuming I'm an idiot? Not really an idiot, just really inexperienced in this area. Where do I look for this and how? I'm confused by the phrase "static one that would adjust automatically" Wouldn't "static" imply that it doesn't "adjust"?
Then what do I have to do on the iPhone side?
I too would like to get the 3G connection to work. It's been running great over the local network for weeks, but inexperienced folks like me need a step-by-step process the first time we try something like this.

Bob
Old 06-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

DSL or cable modems get different IPs regularly, so you can't just point your mobile web browser at http://73.135.111.105:8080 and be good to go.

What you do is
1) register with (i use dyndns.com), get a free account. You'd get a custom URL like bobhaze.homedns.com, so you could point your mobile to http://bobhaze.dyndns.com:8080.

2) Use either your router's function or a little service system tray app they provide to tell dyndns.com what your external IP is, and they'll update their records. In the example here, when you point to bobhaze.dyndns.com, dyndns.com will redirect them to 73.135.111.105 (whatever your DSL/cable company currently gave you for your IP).

3) Assign your server a static IP, instead of dynamic IP. This can be done in most routers nowadays, if not I think there's a way in the network settings of windows.

4) In your router, forward a port from your external IP to your sage server. If your sage server is 192.168.1.132, then you'd forward external port 8080 to that IP. (the reason you need step#3 is in case you restart your server machine, you don't want it getting a new internal IP #.

I can go into more detail if any of the above confuses you, assuming Fonceur doesn't have a simpler explanation.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
assuming Fonceur doesn't have a simpler explanation.
Actually, I've just cancelled my own reply, by the time I hit preview you had already gone into enough details.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

ok. Well this update reminded me that i can now buy this thanks to Narflex, so the $30 coming your way shortly will make you feel better about wasting your time. (Until I ping this thread with utter confusion and PEBKAC, that is).
Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage User

Thanks, that's exactly the explanation I needed! Can't wait to give it a try.

Bob
Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Between the national holiday of Quebec (June 24th), Canada (July 1st) and USA (July 4th), the price is reduced to $9.99...
Old 06-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

I once said I would pay $9.99 for this app and so I will, thanks!
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod