SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage User

I noticed every time I use Pandora through Playon the app crashes on the iPad and will keep crashing every time I try to re load the app. The only way to get the app working again is to close Pandora. Is this a known bug?
Clients: (3) HD200s (1 - Wireless, 2 - Wired) (4) HD300 wired
Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco340 View Post
I noticed every time I use Pandora through Playon the app crashes on the iPad and will keep crashing every time I try to re load the app. The only way to get the app working again is to close Pandora. Is this a known bug?
No, first time it got mentioned. Maybe Pandora is using so much resources that TiSageTV can't get enough to work or something.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage User

Want to stream over Wan

Ok
I upgraded to 7.19, so far it's ok
I still am having trouble seeing thumbnails, streaming over the Wan,
I tried changing ports on the jetty web server, that didn't work
I also set my router to re trigger 8008 external to 8080 internal. Though I get past the security myip:8080/apps, I still get a long spinning circle as it tries to buffer the clip.
Any ideas?
Thank you
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernbert View Post
I tried changing ports on the jetty web server, that didn't work
You might have to restart SageTV + its service for the changes to propagate properly.

Quote:
I also set my router to re trigger 8008 external to 8080 internal.
If it wasn't a typo (8008), you can't have a different external port, as the server is providing that port...

Quote:
Though I get past the security myip:8080/apps, I still get a long spinning circle as it tries to buffer the clip.
Well, assuming your IP hasn't changed (if it did, pm me the new one), I still can't access your web server, so something is definitely wrongly setup. If you can use my-externalIP:8080/apps to access your web server, it might be your setup detecting that you are local and actually using your local network regardless, or something like that. Are you really able to use your external ip from work or such to access the jetty web server?
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
No, first time it got mentioned. Maybe Pandora is using so much resources that TiSageTV can't get enough to work or something.
I'm finding it's anything done thgrough Playon (Hulu, Netflix). Any recomendations in getting this fixed?
Clients: (3) HD200s (1 - Wireless, 2 - Wired) (4) HD300 wired
Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco340 View Post
I'm finding it's anything done thgrough Playon (Hulu, Netflix). Any recomendations in getting this fixed?
OK that's different, it's probably not liking the "Now playing", which really only supports regular media files. I did fix some things with the Online, but that probably didn't help playon. Any chance you are setup for 3G/External server and could pm me the info so I can connect to your server and see what's wrong?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Sage Expert

Doh! I can't believe I missed the sale, I hadn't read the forums here in quite a while due to being busy and was catching up over the weekend and somehow I missed it.

--John
Old 07-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Sage User

Servers & Extenders - How about session profiles?

Hi, I picked up TiSageTV and it's working great on the LAN so far.

I have a pile of SageTV servers and extenders which were back burnered last year but I'm slowly moving forward on all this.

In a nutshell I have several homes around the country and wifi/3g/test really won't cut it.. ;-)

Unless I am way off here, three spot for servers is very limiting. Ideally, especially since streaming was added to the app, it would be nice to have a LAN and WAN setting for each server.

Just wanted to suggest maybe some sort of session/server profiles kind of arrangement. Seems like moving from the settings -> tisagetv (settings) into a sqlite db would do nicely?

It's also a but unclear about the little antennae icons.. 2 of them, all the time on my LAN tests. Do they not represent 1 server/extender per icon?

Lastly, it seems TiSageTV simply tries to connect to any all the servers set in the settings -> tisagetv area while the app is active. Seems to me the means to forcibly on/off connections or enable/disable server(s) would be good.

Great program and WOW, this is my first sight of V7. Sure is different looking.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
In a nutshell I have several homes around the country and wifi/3g/test really won't cut it.. ;-)
I see. Indeed, that is not a supported configuration, as there is a single database, so even the Test server likely can't have the right lineup or media center data without a database wipe... If you can afford multiple houses, than you can probably afford multiple iPod touch or iPad, each configured for a single location...

Quote:
It's also a but unclear about the little antennae icons.. 2 of them, all the time on my LAN tests. Do they not represent 1 server/extender per icon?
The first icon allows to pick a Server, the second allows to pick a Client that is connected to that Server.

Quote:
Lastly, it seems TiSageTV simply tries to connect to any all the servers set in the settings -> tisagetv area while the app is active.
No, it only connects to the last one you picked.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the clarifications. I discovered the server+client relationship to the icons after my initial post. I have only just began trying it out as my iPhone took an iCrap.

I find passing the buck back at me less than stimulating.

I do not hinge on apple products and do not want a collection of them. I just have an iPhone 4. So, if I used an android, what you say? Should I just get a collection of android phones for TASageTV?

Do you actually want anyone with the desire or need for more than 3 connections to seek alternative solutions over your TA|TiSageTV projects?

The concept of wanting to have dual configurations for a location and multiple locations is of clear and worthy value.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So, if I used an android, what you say? Should I just get a collection of android phones for TASageTV?
Actually, the Android version does allow for an unlimited number of servers, as it doesn't have that "outside the app settings constraint"... But it also uses a single database, so would require a wipe between each change of server. The motivation being that the typical user will want to sync over wifi, and reuse as much as possible of the metadata/images when he switches to 3G...

Quote:
The concept of wanting to have dual configurations for a location and multiple locations is of clear and worthy value.
Considering that no one else has ever requested it, I don't think there is that many people running multiple servers from different locations that have a need for it...
Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.43

- Fix: The Client name was not updating properly on the Status tab [iPod/iPhone].
- Fix: The Playing now was not updating properly on the Status tab [iPod/iPhone].
- Fix: Was wrongly offering to Stream Online videos on the Status tab [iPod/iPhone].
- Fix: The Status tab was crashing for Online videos on extenders.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

I think most people with multiple homes wouldn't be DIY'ing a DVR solution. If I owned multiple homes around the country, TV would be the least of what I'd be doing
Old 07-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Sage User

@IVB

I don't watch TV. Family does. I am a gadget fan and like to do many different things. Having been a computer geek since decades before it was fashionable it's not like I can just shake the geek out of me. Hence I still DIY, write software and hack at stuff as part of my entertainment.

@Fonceur

Perhaps if your apps happen to gain steam as time goes on there could trickle in more folks such as me who would like to control tap on more than 3 servers. ;-)

Last edited by DMZ; 07-12-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: correction, I watched 1/2 of inception last month via 'on demand'
Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Perhaps if your apps happen to gain steam as time goes on there could trickle in more folks such as me who would like to control tap on more than 3 servers. ;-)
Well, considering that SageTV is pretty much dead since Google bought them, that's kind of unlikely...
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Sage User

.. you forget. This is an opportunity. TiSageTV does not require a client license.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

but it does require a server license. If no existing users have asked for >3 servers, the additional sales from this is negligible (if any). There will never be any new SageTV users again since you cannot get a server license. Well, perhaps someone who resorts to black market keys, but those aren't the type of people to own multiple homes and need >3 servers.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Sage User

Yes, I was thinking about the numbers of people who have servers yet are now unable to get client licenses and those who may have hardware extenders die. Nothing related to the server count stuff..

Admittedly, after I posted that it sunk in a little more that nonetheless it is a limited market. Seems a way to perhaps at least reap a bit more lifetime from your work on Ti|TASage despite this untimely change in the situation.

Seems maybe an iPad + TiSage could be useful as a sort of client. Then again I am making the assumption that multiple TiSageTV equipped devices could simultaneously be used/useful. Perhaps that isn't even the case..
Old 07-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Then again I am making the assumption that multiple TiSageTV equipped devices could simultaneously be used/useful. Perhaps that isn't even the case..
Sure you can have multiple T*SageTV devices connected to a single SageTV Server (each could be different SageTV Server as I originally suggested), but that does not magically increase the number of SageTV Servers...
Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Sage User

Hi Fonceur,

I have both your Ti and TaSage applications....love them, thanks. Problem is, TaSage connects and stays connected forever..whereas TiSage will connect and be fully functional for about 30 seconds and then drops. I can reselect the server and it will reconnect but then again only for about 30 seconds. I am running the most recent release of TiSage...any thoughts on how I might resolve this?

Thanks,

George

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod