SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I can confirm that streaming stopped working on IOS5 / Ipad2.

J
Sometimes I see the stream button and sometimes I don't. When I do see it, if I click on it streaming seems to start and then the app crashes.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I have installed the iOS5 SDK and Apple did mess up something with the movie player. Other developers/applications are also having issues. I've tried a few suggestions, but none worked so far, so I'll keep digging...

They also modified the HTTP live streaming constraints, so I don't know if jreichen's implementation still passes the test... Could someone test if the mobile web server streaming still works fine?

EDIT: The image download seems broken too...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad

Last edited by Fonceur; 10-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Streaming via web is still working via iOS5.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

My current guest is that the issue is with the iOS streaming plugin, which needs to white-list the user agents (i.e. app/browser) to allow them access... So could an iOS5 user try to stream with TiSageTV, then go to SageTV\SageTV\jetty\logs\ and post the latest 2011_10_27.request.log or such...

EDIT: I received a log, so should be fine...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad

Last edited by Fonceur; 10-27-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I figured out the issue. Before iOS5, the database was not enforcing the integer 16 versus 32 difference, so I was getting away with storing the MediaFileID in the wrong size...

An update has been submitted, so it should be live next week...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Sage User

Possibility for TiSageTV Option to Allow for Remote Functionality Only?

Hi Fonceur,

I have used your TiSageTV app since it was first released and don't know what I would do without it. Lately, I find that I use the app exclusively for the Remote and Status functions and do not use the media functionality at all. I also have noticed that you offer a free version that is remote only, but it includes ads. Would it be possible, without too much effort, to include an option in the full TiSageTV app to use it in a "remote only" mode?

Thank you,
Brian
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
Would it be possible, without too much effort, to include an option in the full TiSageTV app to use it in a "remote only" mode?
Well, technically the ads of the free version fits in the spot of the tab bar (on the iPod/iPhone), so you wouldn't gain anything, unless you also wanted the Status included...

I guess I could put a toggle in the Settings to only show the Client part. It would require a shutdown/restart of the app to switch between both modes.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
I guess I could put a toggle in the Settings to only show the Client part. It would require a shutdown/restart of the app to switch between both modes.
What you suggest is essentially what I would use. I envision the tab bar (on the iPod/iPhone) would have buttons for Remote and Status, but not Info when in client-only mode. I don't see any problems with having to shutdown and restart the app for the setting to take effect when toggled; I would almost expect that behavior.

This would be a great thing, for me at least , if you were to implement something like this in TiSageTV, but I would surely understand if you did not.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 11-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
I envision the tab bar (on the iPod/iPhone) would have buttons for Remote and Status, but not Info when in client-only mode.
OK, this has been implemented and submitted to Apple for review.

I thought I had submitted the iOS5 fixes last week, but it turns out I had only validated the app, not actually submitted it... oops...
Old 11-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
OK, this has been implemented and submitted to Apple for review.
This is quite exciting. I can't wait to see it; thank you so much, Fonceur!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.46

- Fix: iOS5 would show empty section header in tables.
- Fix: iOS5 would no longer stream or display images.
- Added a Client mode (i.e. hide the Info tab) option.

By default, the new development environment (XCode 4.2) only supports newer devices. I did modify some parameters, which should work on all iOS 3.2+ devices, but could use some confirmations that it does actually install on older and newer devices...

To use the Client mode, you will need to stop the app (double-tap the home button and tap the X on the app's icon on newer multitasking devices), go to settings to enable it, then relaunch the app.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage User

Just installed the update on a iPhone 3G S and it's fantastic. The new client-mode is even better than anticipated. Thanks so much, Fonceur, you made my day!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage User

Tried it on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2, works perfectly. I think it is faster than before, great job. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM

TiSageTV Does Not See Extender

Sorry if this was already addressed earlier in the thread. I skimmed but did not see this...

I just bought the TiSageTV app for an iPad 2 (iOS 5.0.1), to use on my Wifi. I configured the server in my iPad's Settings app and can select it from the App. I can now navigate successfully through my recordings, etc.

Ignoring for now the frequent app crashes and stalling during streaming from my HP Mediasmart EX487 WHS (), the next step will be to recognize my Extender / Client (SageTV HDT300) to at least be able to it use as a remote. However, the app only offers the localhost 127.0.0.1 as an IP address for an Extender.
  • Should the Extender be discovered, or is there somewhere I should manually configure this? (I have not seen such a configuration opportunity in either the iPad's settings app, nor the TiSageTV app.)
  • If the Extender should be discovered, is there something I need to do to make it "visible" to the TiSageTV app?

Thanks for your help!
iPad / iPad 2, iPhone 4, TiSageTV, iPeng for iPhone, iPeng for iPad, SqueezePad

Last edited by Wampanoag; 11-13-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampanoag View Post
Ignoring for now the frequent app crashes and stalling during streaming from my HP Mediasmart EX487 WHS (),
Someone else developed the iOS streaming plugin, while I did inherit it in the last month, I have not had much time to really look into it. I know that playing/streaming 1080i recordings from the HD-PVR are an issue for a lot of applications...

Quote:
Should the Extender be discovered, or is there somewhere I should manually configure this?
You might need to restart SageTV (and its service) the first time, then access all the extenders from their remotes, that should insure that all of them are recognized from now on...

Quote:
(I have not seen such a configuration opportunity in either the iPad's settings app, nor the TiSageTV app.)
That would be done in the SageTCPServer plugin configuration, though it's better to let the automatic discovery run its course first.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
- Fix: iOS5 would show empty section header in tables.
Oops, that fix also hides the header for the Program guide on the iPod/iPhone, so that you only get a blank page...

EDIT: Fix submitted to the App Store, so should be live next week...

Last edited by Fonceur; 11-24-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.47

- Fix: The Program guide's controls were hidden on the iPod/iPhone.
- Fix: Accessing the Remote control would crash if no connection had been made.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

no ratings in Apple App Store

I was looking at this via the apple app store - but not a single person seems to have written a review on it, at least the latest version for iOS5.
are there that few installations, and the last review was from February, 2011.
Can all users here who have paid for this app confirm they are happy with the app in general. And, does it suffiently replace the experience of Placeshifter on a laptop?
thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 12-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I was looking at this via the apple app store - but not a single person seems to have written a review on it, at least the latest version for iOS5.
And even to get those reviews, I had to beg people... People are much faster to post a negative review than to go back and post a positive one...

Quote:
are there that few installations, and the last review was from February, 2011.
For one thing, reviews are limited to your own Country, or to the USA if you're not logged into iTunes. Then it is a niche market, there are a few thousands SageTV users, out of those there are a few hundreds T*SageTV users... So no, I didn't get rich from those, but the apps sure did a lot better than the wines inventory adventure...
Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And even to get those reviews, I had to beg people... People are much faster to post a negative review than to go back and post a positive one...

For one thing, reviews are limited to your own Country, or to the USA if you're not logged into iTunes. Then it is a niche market, there are a few thousands SageTV users, out of those there are a few hundreds T*SageTV users... So no, I didn't get rich from those, but the apps sure did a lot better than the wines inventory adventure...
ok, thanks for your punctuality. I am in the U.S. and logged in, but it would be nice if happy users posted their opinions. What about my Placeshifter inquiry: is that your apps strength, to replace the PC laptop?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod