SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for updating the app. Even before the update, it was crashing instantly on me, as soon as it launches in iPad. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
The latest update is working great with iOS6 - thanks, it was crashing a lot before the latest update.

I just got fiber service installed to my house and I am able to stream my PVR content when I travel without any issues - it is really fast and great.

All my extenders and Sage equipment is at home - during the week I travel and I have an apartment for work - I would like to stream my iPhone video to the apartment TV - I suppose my option is an AV cable off my iPhone to the TV to mirror what is playing on the iPhone to the TV - but, I was thinking AirPlay to an Apple TV? So, the question is will the stream function on the app stream to Apple TV? Or, any other options? I wanted to check before I bought anything (I don't own an Apple TV, any Airplay device or an AV breakout cable yet).

Thanks!
what do you mean when you say "crashing"? I have trouble with streaming....app just quits to iPod desktop ... version 1.56
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

It might be necessary to "Wipe the TiSageTV database" (Information/About), possibly after switching to the airplane mode if it crashes on launch. Alternatively, you could remove the old version before upgrading.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
It might be necessary to "Wipe the TiSageTV database" (Information/About), possibly after switching to the airplane mode if it crashes on launch. Alternatively, you could remove the old version before upgrading.
but if I am in airplane mode, then no connection to wifi, therefore no app. if we remove the old app, do we need to dig up our original access info somewhere (sorry, I forget how this app gets unlocked after payment)
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
but if I am in airplane mode, then no connection to wifi, therefore no app.
That's only to wipe the database, if it's crashing before you can reach that screen... Obviously you switch off airplane mode to actually use the app after the wipe.

Quote:
if we remove the old app, do we need to dig up our original access info somewhere (sorry, I forget how this app gets unlocked after payment)
There is no unlocking. Though you would need to go to the setting screen if the default configuration doesn't match your need.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
what do you mean when you say "crashing"? I have trouble with streaming....app just quits to iPod desktop ... version 1.56
Until the latest update, every time I opened the application it would quit - it started doing that when I went to iOS 6 - but now, it works great...

And, I just got home and thought I would look for the airplay icon - the airplay icon is there when I tap on the streaming video! I changed the output from my phone to my airport express and now I am getting audio for the video stream to my airport express - I don't have a video capable Airplay device but I would have to believe it wold work so I think the Apple TV is the easy solution.

Well done! This is really good stuff.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
Until the latest update, every time I opened the application it would quit - it started doing that when I went to iOS 6 - but now, it works great...
Actually I did find another issue, the Status can crash on changing the monitored client or file. I have a fix, but I might wait to see if I find more stuff to fix...

Quote:
And, I just got home and thought I would look for the airplay icon - the airplay icon is there when I tap on the streaming video! I changed the output from my phone to my airport express and now I am getting audio for the video stream to my airport express
Nice, I don't think anyone else had even confirmed seeing the icon before, let alone getting it to work!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm using an apple iPad 1st generation, which will never run iOS6. does that affect which version will work the best?
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm using an apple iPad 1st generation, which will never run iOS6. does that affect which version will work the best?
The most recent issues are due to processing things faster on background threads, so newer devices are more at risk.

People on version 1.56 or older might want to wait on the upcoming 1.60, but versions 1.57 and 1.58 should be upgraded to 1.59...
Old 10-21-2012, 12:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The most recent issues are due to processing things faster on background threads, so newer devices are more at risk.

People on version 1.56 or older might want to wait on the upcoming 1.60, but versions 1.57 and 1.58 should be upgraded to 1.59...
ok, thanks for that. Regarding the wiping the database concept....I added five new videos to my media center section, updated/refreshed in Sage, but TiSageTV still hasn't found them without another database wipe.
Does this have to be done everytime I add material to the media center portion?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I added five new videos to my media center section, updated/refreshed in Sage, but TiSageTV still hasn't found them without another database wipe.
In 1.57, I did bring back the resync button for each section, so you wouldn't have to wipe the whole database.

Quote:
Does this have to be done everytime I add material to the media center portion?
I did have some logic that was supposed to do some incremental updates by itself, but I don't think it ever worked right. So I got it rid of it when I added back the resync button.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In 1.57, I did bring back the resync button for each section, so you wouldn't have to wipe the whole database.

I did have some logic that was supposed to do some incremental updates by itself, but I don't think it ever worked right. So I got it rid of it when I added back the resync button.
wiping the database worked well for sync, but now, I am in France and cannot receive audio with my video streams. Is this likely a France router problem (Orange wireless router), or something else?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am in France and cannot receive audio with my video streams. Is this likely a France router problem (Orange wireless router), or something else?
Since a single port is used for the audio/video streaming, I'm not sure why the audio would be affected differently... Have you confirmed with another file that was working at home?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Since a single port is used for the audio/video streaming, I'm not sure why the audio would be affected differently... Have you confirmed with another file that was working at home?
yup, everything working great using Sage Placeshifter. Before I left, I ran a test and all was fine. If there was a problem with my iPad One, what would it likely be, as that is the only thing that makes sense

edit: flicked the screen rotation switch and voila...sound. thanks

Last edited by tvmaster2; 10-26-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Before I left, I ran a test and all was fine.
And you tried remotely with the same file that you had tested locally?

Quote:
If there was a problem with my iPad One, what would it likely be, as that is the only thing that makes sense
Any chance you have the ringer off? I don't think that I'm using the work around to have audio with the ringer off...
Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And you tried remotely with the same file that you had tested locally?

Any chance you have the ringer off? I don't think that I'm using the work around to have audio with the ringer off...
the "ringer" off?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, the "mute" button (aka side switch) on the right side of the iPad (in portrait alignment), near the top. Make sure it's not in a position revealing the orange paint/indicator.

Some apps don't properly override the hard setting of the switch and require "mute" to be off with the side switch vs just the soft setting in the main Settings>>General.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Yes, the "mute" button (aka side switch) on the right side of the iPad (in portrait alignment), near the top. Make sure it's not in a position revealing the orange paint/indicator.

Some apps don't properly override the hard setting of the switch and require "mute" to be off with the side switch vs just the soft setting in the main Settings>>General.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085
thanks...figured that out, eventually. now that the audio streamed for a day, I can't get anything to stream....just a spinning circle. this is becoming a frustrating app. Placeshifter works fine on my laptop, so I know I am making a good connection to the server from my laptop. The iPad/TiSage app are a different story altogether. Version 1.56 on an iPad one .

Last edited by tvmaster2; 10-28-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
now that the audio streamed for a day, I can't get anything to stream....just a spinning circle.
Probably a bunch of transcoding processes which haven't shutdown properly.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Probably a bunch of transcoding processes which haven't shutdown properly.
on the server? I've had that rebooted for me by a friend. If on the iPod, what's the solution?

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod