SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.60

- Added a "Search photos".
- Updated the ListView's cells.
- Fixed some rotation issues.
- Tweaks for the iPhone 5 resolution.
- Fix: Playlist access would crash.
- Fix: Client updates could crash the app.
- [iPad] In landscape mode, long description could overlap on the Status screen.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Version 1.60

- Added a "Search photos".
- Updated the ListView's cells.
- Fixed some rotation issues.
- Tweaks for the iPhone 5 resolution.
- Fix: Playlist access would crash.
- Fix: Client updates could crash the app.
- [iPad] In landscape mode, long description could overlap on the Status screen.
still using 1.56 with an iPad 1....even though I have wiped the database several times, some channels are not being picked up in the guide. If there was a SD and HD channel that shared the same zap2it numerical identifiers, does TiSage only access one of them, and if so, is it the lower channel-guide version? NatGeo has two channels: 108 and 1108, the lower one being SD.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
If there was a SD and HD channel that shared the same zap2it numerical identifiers, does TiSage only access one of them, and if so, is it the lower channel-guide version?
You would have to check the sagetv_0.txt log file after a sync to see what is sent. If both have the same ID, then either the last entered wins or it might stop the processing of that channel and the following, not sure...

Quote:
NatGeo has two channels: 108 and 1108, the lower one being SD.
Why don't you just hide the SD version, or is it because some of your capture devices can't deal with the HD one?
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is likely the last version to work on iOS 4.x, so if you have an iPhone 3G or iPod 2nd generation, you probably want to make sure to back it up in iTunes, as iTunes is likely to throw it away and download a version that won't install on your device, should you do a restore...
This is a final notice, the next version in December or such will require iOS 5+. Basically Apple has removed support for the devices that are more than 4 years old, in their development tools since this summer. Also, in order to support the full height of the iPhone/iPod 5 or enjoy the bug fixes, developers need to use the latest development tools...

As the owner of an iPod Touch second generation, on which I did a factory restore and now half my apps won't reinstall, I hate the "planned obsolescence" from Apple, but not much we can do... And it's not limited to the devices, the latest development tools require to be running one of the last 2 Mac OS X versions, which in turn require a Mac from the last few years...

EDIT: The new permanent price is $9.99...

Last edited by Fonceur; 11-18-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

@foncuer....had any complaints from iPad 1 customers updating to the latest 1.60 build, if there are any iPad 1 customers besides me?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 11-17-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
@foncuer....had any complaints from iPad 1 customers updating to the latest 1.60 build, if there are any iPad 1 customers besides me?
This thread is where most of the support happens... So your guess is as good as mine...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

iPad 1 (one) users and v. 1.60

ok, I'll ask at the creators suggestion...

anyone using an iPad one with the latest version of this software, 1.60?

any problems..benefits...

thanks
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is a final notice, the next version in December or such will require iOS 5+.
From the feature requests list I would really like to see:

- Display the TV guide as a grid
- Add coverflow and/or wall view

Additionally some fixes / features such as:

1) Proper Capitalization. It would seem almost nothing is properly capitalized (for English) in this app. This goes for titles of shows/movies/songs/albums/artist names as well as proper nouns in the description field of shows/movies. SageTV does this correctly by default, I'm not sure why it's being "undone" for this app.
2) Being able to start the guide with HD channels (like the mobile app's "HD Listings" feature/link); my HD channels start at #502 so scrolling from #2 to #502 each time is a pain (and no, removing the SD channels from the guide is not an option).
3) Separate menu item for Recorded TV Shows and Recorded Movies seems like it would be useful.
4) Banners for TV Shows listing page/screen would be awesome
5) Home screen entries seem to be in an odd order. Why isn't TV first and Information last (similar to the default SageTV client order)? I guess I would like it more like this:
-- TV
-- Live TV
-- Media Center
-- Search
-- Information

Perhaps the order could be made editable? (Also, since "Live TV" just takes you to the "Remote" screen, why are they called two different things?)

6) Similarly for the TV Screen, the ordering again seems strange to me. I rarely manage favorites but I want to see my recordings all the time. So maybe something like:
-- Recordings
-- Guide
-- Schedule
-- Favorites
-- Manual (I'm not sure if this upcoming Manual recordings or something else, the wiki doesn't say and since mine is currently empty, it's not obvious)

For the Guide screen, it would also be nice if there were display options, much like the mobile app does:

-- dropdown selection for date
-- dropdown selection for time
-- dropdown selection for number of hours to display
-- multi-select for genres

(a vertical instead of horizontal display is used for multiple hours but scrolling horizontally wouldn't be bad either)

I fully realize that the request for re-ordering of the menu items may be soundly ignored but it doesn't hurt to throw them out there
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
1) Proper Capitalization. It would seem almost nothing is properly capitalized (for English) in this app.
Right, I think I had to overwrite it so the index wouldn't distinguish between lower and upper cases, which lead to some crashes.

Quote:
5) Home screen entries seem to be in an odd order.
It's simply in alphabetical order, like all the other screens...

Quote:
Also, since "Live TV" just takes you to the "Remote" screen, why are they called two different things?)
Actually, the LiveTV will first start LiveTV on the monitored device and then switch to the Remote control. Though if you are not using the default STV, maybe it doesn't launch the LiveTV...Technically it's more of a BeyondTV functionality that I used here...

Quote:
-- Manual (I'm not sure if this upcoming Manual recordings or something else, the wiki doesn't say and since mine is currently empty, it's not obvious)
It's the Manual jobs, similar to the Favorites. Schedule does not make any distinction between both type of upcoming recordings.

Quote:
I fully realize that the request for re-ordering of the menu items may be soundly ignored but it doesn't hurt to throw them out there
I don't mind any order or if the LiveTV option is present or not. So if more people want to chime in for or against...
Old 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Right, I think I had to overwrite it so the index wouldn't distinguish between lower and upper cases, which lead to some crashes.
So this isn't something you can fix? Because it seems like there ought to be a better way to handle mixed-case strings...

Last edited by darcilicious; 11-24-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So this isn't something you can fix? Because it seems like there ought to be a better way to handle mixed-case strings...
I'm pretty sure that I saw a way of doing it in a case insensitive way, which would solve the initial issue, so I'll look into it.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Sage Icon

That would be great
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1) Proper Capitalization. It would seem almost nothing is properly capitalized (for English) in this app.
Go to the SageTCPServer thread and update to that test build, that should fix it. Just let me know if it causes any crashes, particularly for the lists where there's an index on the right, that's where I remember having issues...
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

audio files

is there ever going to be a time where we can play mp3 files in our media center library?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
is there ever going to be a time where we can play mp3 files in our media center library?
Actually, I added that this weekend... It basically pulls the file through the web server and plays it. Works great over wifi, but since it has to download the whole thing before playing, it's not so great over 3G... It can also go through all the songs of an Album...

Currently it doesn't play the music with the app in the background or the screen off...

Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually, I added that this weekend... It basically pulls the file through the web server and plays it. Works great over wifi, but since it has to download the whole thing before playing, it's not so great over 3G... It can also go through all the songs of an Album...

Currently it doesn't play the music with the app in the background or the screen off...

this is on an iPad, or iPhone? if iPad...it has to download the file first...no streaming?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
this is on an iPad, or iPhone?
That's the iPhone UI. The "Play on device" will also work on the iPad, but I probably won't be refreshing the UI just yet, in order to meet the iTunes connect shutdown for the holidays...

Quote:
it has to download the file first...no streaming?
More than half the T*SageTV support has to do with streaming, for which technically I'm just the messenger, telling the device's built in video player to play a stream made by a third party streaming plugin... So no, I'm not subjecting myself to that pain again...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's the iPhone UI. The "Play on device" will also work on the iPad, but I probably won't be refreshing the UI just yet, in order to meet the iTunes connect shutdown for the holidays...

More than half the T*SageTV support has to do with streaming, for which technically I'm just the messenger, telling the device's built in video player to play a stream made by a third party streaming plugin... So no, I'm not subjecting myself to that pain again...
funky. so this will likely be in 1.61?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
funky. so this will likely be in 1.61?
Yes, the wiki contains the list of improvements/fixes that have already been implemented. Today I just added the possibility to stream an audio Playlist and fixed a few issues.

Merging the improved iPod/iPhone 5 Remote control UI from TiSageTVRemote is mostly what's left to do before I submit it to Apple...
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, the wiki contains the list of improvements/fixes that have already been implemented. Today I just added the possibility to stream an audio Playlist and fixed a few issues.

Merging the improved iPod/iPhone 5 Remote control UI from TiSageTVRemote is mostly what's left to do before I submit it to Apple...
hi - stream a "playlist", as opposed to individual audio files?

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod