SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Actually it seems to be the extenders entries that are the issue. It appears that extenders also includes Placeshifter clients. Through the years I have run Placeshifter on many PCs.

What happens if I delete an entry that I still use? Will it be added back the next time I connect with that client?

All of the entries for the extenders are MAC addresses rather than IPs.

From what I can see it looks like HD-200 extenders start with 001d6a and HD-300 extenders start with 0023a500.

The other entries that I have are PCs but it will be a pain in the butt to determine which ones are live and which ones are dead.
yeah, that's what I'm seeing as well....about five Mac addresses, and I only have two Placeshifter installs.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The last entry in the list of the clients is almost impossible to select as only about 25% of it is visible as the scroll list won't allow it to go all the way down.
OK, it seems I had to show it from the navigation for it to know the proper size, so fixed in 1.63.

Quote:
Actually it seems to be the extenders entries that are the issue. It appears that extenders also includes Placeshifter clients.
Right, if you take an extender on a trip, the plugin probably does not handle it properly. Does the TiSageTV Remote control actually works in that situation?

Quote:
What happens if I delete an entry that I still use? Will it be added back the next time I connect with that client?
Yes, it will get re-added automatically, though I don't remember under which precise situation.

Quote:
All of the entries for the extenders are MAC addresses rather than IPs.
Right, as that's more meaningful then the IP.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
yeah, that's what I'm seeing as well....about five Mac addresses, and I only have two Placeshifter installs.
So are the same extenders showing up under both Client and Extender in the sage.properties file? And if so, are they controllable from each instance in TiSageTV?
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
So are the same extenders showing up under both Client and Extender in the sage.properties file? And if so, are they controllable from each instance in TiSageTV?
I'll have a look and report back
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.63

- Raised the minimum iOS requirement to 5.1
- [iPad] Got rid of the "Main menu" button in Portrait mode. (use a swipe right)
- [iPad] Added a tab bar and moved some items to it.
- [iPad] Updated the Remote control to better fit in a tab.
- [iPad] Updated the cells for Playlist and list of Songs.
- Added simple News popup on first launch after an important update.
- The Program guide's channel can be picked through a text field.
- Fix: List of clients was not showing more than a certain number.
- Fix: no longer show duplicate channels in the list of channels.

Still need some more Playlist and Status tweaks, but it's getting there...

I was expecting an iTunes release on Friday so I could update the wiki during the weekend, but that will take a bit longer...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Version 1.63

- Raised the minimum iOS requirement to 5.1
- [iPad] Got rid of the "Main menu" button in Portrait mode. (use a swipe right)
- [iPad] Added a tab bar and moved some items to it.
- [iPad] Updated the Remote control to better fit in a tab.
- [iPad] Updated the cells for Playlist and list of Songs.
- Added simple News popup on first launch after an important update.
- The Program guide's channel can be picked through a text field.
- Fix: List of clients was not showing more than a certain number.
- Fix: no longer show duplicate channels in the list of channels.

Still need some more Playlist and Status tweaks, but it's getting there...

I was expecting an iTunes release on Friday so I could update the wiki during the weekend, but that will take a bit longer...
TV guide direct channel box is AWESOME! mini menu at bottom is tasty as well
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Sage User

This latest update is great. Thanks for continuing to support it, I use it all the time.

I read that Apple is going to soon allow 3rd party apps for their Apple TV. I know it is in the "rumor" category, but, if it is true, wouldn't it be great to have this app on the Apple TV? Then, for $99 + this app you basically have an extender! I hope this will happen - I would definitely pay for that!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I have to admit, however, start times loading a video file (from stop) can take more than 30 seconds, and video quality (blocking - softness) has become more apparent lately, and that's playing files locally, in home, off my Sagetv server, on the iPad 3

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

My last little tweak to the iOS streaming plugin was at the start of November, with the middle of July being my last real attempt at tweaking it. The original author (jreichen) stopped working on it over a year and a half ago...
Old 02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My last little tweak to the iOS streaming plugin was at the start of November, with the middle of July being my last real attempt at tweaking it. The original author (jreichen) stopped working on it over a year and a half ago...
so is what you're saying that I should be seeing absolutely no change in how files are steamed, played, handled, etc?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
I read that Apple is going to soon allow 3rd party apps for their Apple TV. I know it is in the "rumor" category, but, if it is true, wouldn't it be great to have this app on the Apple TV?
That rumor re-surfaces from time to time, the latest about a SDK next month got squashed fast... But should it happen, I'd likely do something for it.

Quote:
so is what you're saying that I should be seeing absolutely no change in how files are steamed, played, handled, etc?
Exactly. TiSageTV is just the messenger, it passes a URL to the Apple video player, to get the file from the iOS streaming plugin.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Exactly. TiSageTV is just the messenger, it passes a URL to the Apple video player, to get the file from the iOS streaming plugin.
does 30 seconds seem "long" to you? I'd like to start troubleshooting this. thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

The buffering is 10 seconds, so a 30 seconds delay is indeed very long.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have an iPad one, running 1.62, and an iPad 3, running 1.63. Both delay for 30 seconds, using the "ipad" client selection, and then pause at the :18 mark for another :30. Finally, after one minute, the file plays, and doesn't always look very nice (very blocky)

is there something I'm missing here? is there another companion app that's supposed to be installed - a setting on the server changed?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-19-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi there....any changes since February? I'm having some problems connecting remotely....anything?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
hi there....any changes since February?
I moved to my cable's company PVR and got rid of my HTPC 6 months ago, so no...
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I moved to my cable's company PVR and got rid of my HTPC 6 months ago, so no...
so does that mean you've stopped development and support of this app?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
so does that mean you've stopped development
The active development kinda died out two years ago when SageTV got purchased by Google... I've mostly been in maintenance mode since.

Quote:
and support of this app?
And here I thought posts here were that...
Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 AM
SageTVaholic

actually, the addition you made in February was one of the most useful. Hopefully you'll have time to take requests
Same for the Android version?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Sage Icon

I usually try to keep the iOS and Android versions in sync. Though I can't say the same for the Playbook/bb10 ones...

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod