SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Is there anyone using TiSageTV with SageTV 6 and that really has strong objections to upgrading to SageTV 7?

The enhanced plugin support provides for improvements that are not available in the older version, and simplifies the user's configuration. So I'd really like to drop the backward compatibility to SageTV 6...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.02

- Fix: Trying to add Favorites from the Search would fail.
- Fix: List of Favorites always reported "record all".
- Fix: Favorites were showing a date when they should not have.
- Added channel information to the detailed views, when available.
- Added the Manual recordings to the Favorites display.

Took 8 days to get approved, as it seems I had SageTV offline for a SageTCPServer update or such when they tried to connect to my server... Oh well.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Is there anyone using TiSageTV with SageTV 6 and that really has strong objections to upgrading to SageTV 7?

The enhanced plugin support provides for improvements that are not available in the older version, and simplifies the user's configuration. So I'd really like to drop the backward compatibility to SageTV 6...
I was a V6 holdout because of the SageMC environment and a fear that the WAF would take a hit should I change too severely. However, once she saw the new interface and then the fanart come back with Diamond it was a great success. I would vote drop V6 and focus on V7.

Kudos on this effort. I've had a few friends over and showed them my latest iPhone gimmick and have really won the GeeWiz award for the week. It didn't stop the "Can you make it do....." kind of questions, but was certainly entertaining. Keep up the good work and keep improving. Just look at iPeng for the Squeezebox and where that has gone over time.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Keep up the good work and keep improving.
Yes there is still plenty of stuff on the "to do" list. Though I have to admit that between the approval process and trying not to take my server offline (to test SageTCPServer updates) in case they might try to connect to it, that does slow me down, compared to my regular pace...
Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Version 1.03

- [iPad] Reversed the tab order.
- Updated slightly the launch icon.
- Reassigned the various skip back/forward.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Getting better by the day! A few comments:
  • It still always crashes when I click on a show from the TV Guide.
  • Can we have all lineups grouped together?
  • In Recordings would it be possible to sort by newest recording first? This is the way that I always browse recordings. The only sorting options I see are Genre and Title.
  • Even better would be to group shows and display banners like Diamond.
  • In Media Center when Sorting by Folder it doesn't seem to always show all files within a folder and sometimes it shows files from other folders. Maybe it is just my folder structure but something isn't right.

I see that there are several updates to SageTCPServer. Do I have to upgrade for tiSageTV?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
It still always crashes when I click on a show from the TV Guide.
Oops, I missed that one. It will be fixed in the next drop.

Quote:
Can we have all lineups grouped together?
It's on the list, but recombining them without the possible duplicates is tricky...

Quote:
In Recordings would it be possible to sort by newest recording first?
There is a sort by Date (and by Year for movies) in the next drop.

Quote:
In Media Center when Sorting by Folder it doesn't seem to always show all files within a folder and sometimes it shows files from other folders. Maybe it is just my folder structure but something isn't right.
I might need to connect to your server to see the actual issue, if you are setup for access from the outside and want to pm me the info...

Quote:
I see that there are several updates to SageTCPServer. Do I have to upgrade for tiSageTV?
Considering that most recent updates are for TiSageTV, that would help... Of course many are for the next release, but...
Old 02-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Can we have all lineups grouped together?
I added it to the current drop and resubmitted, hopefully that won't delay the approval too much, getting put back at the bottom of the list... I don't have multiple lineups, so not sure what will happen if people have duplicate channels across multiple lineups, though it should be fine.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.08

- Switched to using the variant playlist instead of a specific bit rate for the streaming.
- Added a combined lineup for the TV guide.
- Fix: The TV guide would crash on the iPad when selecting an item.

Version 1.07

- Can now stream the "Now playing" from the Status page.
- Can select between 3 streaming profiles. (removed in 1.08)

Version 1.06

- Added a Conflicts section to the Recordings.

Version 1.05

- It is now possible to delete or change the frequency of a Favorite.
- It is now possible to delete all the system messages.

Version 1.04

- Moved the capitalization of titles and such to SageTCPServer (2.0.5+).
- Added sort by Date and Year (for movies) to the TV shows and Videos.

You are likely to see a major improvement in streaming quality, by switching from the 150 kbps stream to the actual variable bit rate one. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to work on the iPhone/iPod outside of the local wifi network... So I might have to reintroduce the multiple profiles from 1.07, if I can't resolve the issue with jreichen...
Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just want to say I think this iPhone/iPad app is a fantastic add-on to SageTV and well worth the $30. I'm frankly surprised there hasn't been a lot more buzz about this. I've been using it both to access and stream SageTV remotely (on my commuter train for instance), and as a remote while using SageTV at home. I didn't expect to use the remote aspect that much but I see huge potential with this. The simple fact is the iPad touchscreen is a great interface to SageTV that you can't replicate with the a standard remote.

I'm not sure what's been mentioned already, but I want to suggest some small tweaks as well as some dream tweaks:
  • Simple search functionality in recordings and videos
  • First letter search in recordings and videos
  • Sort recordings by date
  • Coverflow and Wall view for videos
  • Integration with IMDB. Can be as simple as links to IMDB search with the video title that opens a safari window.
  • Themes, like Diamond on the iPad app. I guess what I'd really like on my iPad is a replica of what's up on my TV screen with the ability to control all with the iPad, kinda like VNC into the extender. Perhaps this is beyond the scope of the app.
  • Ability to power-on peripherals, like TV and receiver and control receiver volume.. I have no idea if this is possible.. probably an extender can't do this... It just would be great to be able to replace my physical remote.

I had a bug today trying to stream a video to my iPhone that was currently being recorded. It seemed to jump to the Live position in the recording rather than start at the beginning.

Again.. I'm thrilled with both the iPhone and iPad features so far and looking forward to upcomming improvements. The potential is big I think..
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
I just want to say I think this iPhone/iPad app is a fantastic add-on to SageTV and well worth the $30.
Feel free to post a review on the app store...

Quote:
I'm frankly surprised there hasn't been a lot more buzz about this.
Then again, people keep asking for some iPod/iPad/iPhone/Android SageTV placeshifter...

Quote:
Simple search functionality in recordings and videos
It has been asked, so I've added it to the list.

Quote:
First letter search in recordings and videos
If you sort by titles, they are ordered...

Quote:
Sort recordings by date
That's in 1.08.

Quote:
Coverflow and Wall view for videos
It's on the list.

Quote:
Integration with IMDB. Can be as simple as links to IMDB search with the video title that opens a safari window.
I'll add it to the list, but not sure it will have a priority...

Quote:
Themes, like Diamond on the iPad app. I guess what I'd really like on my iPad is a replica of what's up on my TV screen with the ability to control all with the iPad, kinda like VNC into the extender. Perhaps this is beyond the scope of the app.
Well, I wouldn't have mind a different design before, but now it's a bit late to redo it from scratch...

Quote:
Ability to power-on peripherals, like TV and receiver and control receiver volume.. I have no idea if this is possible.. probably an extender can't do this... It just would be great to be able to replace my physical remote.
The iPad itself can't send IR code, though I've seen some IR emitter to plug in the audio jack and such for that.

Quote:
I had a bug today trying to stream a video to my iPhone that was currently being recorded. It seemed to jump to the Live position in the recording rather than start at the beginning.
Not sure if that's the intended way the iOS streaming is handling it...
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

If you sort by titles, they are ordered...
I will take a guess and say that this is really a request for the native iPhone (or iFashiontechdevice) single letter browse that is shown as the list of alphabet down the right hand side of the screen that allows you to go directly to a point in a large sorted list by selecting the letter rather than scrolling the screen.

FWIW, I found that if you display media in "Folder" view, then go to the very bottom and select root ("/" symbol), that the list will be shown with the single letter browse then.

And as a bonus, it appears this data is cached locally. So if you're ever in the local movie store and see a title that catches your eye, you can make sure you don't already have it by using this app.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I will take a guess and say that this is really a request for the native iPhone (or iFashiontechdevice) single letter browse that is shown as the list of alphabet down the right hand side of the screen that allows you to go directly to a point in a large sorted list by selecting the letter rather than scrolling the screen.
Exactly what I meant.. this would give it similar functionality to the Sonos app. For large lists, this is useful.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
And it's already in there...

Though obviously that wouldn't apply if you are sorting by dates or such. Also it doesn't apply at the level where you can sort by genre/title/etc... One thing to note is that on iOS before 4.1 that would crash, so I had to disable it on those, so make sure your firmware is up to date... I guess I should double check that it's getting used on the iPad...

Quote:
And as a bonus, it appears this data is cached locally. So if you're ever in the local movie store and see a title that catches your eye, you can make sure you don't already have it by using this app.
Right, the list of albums/photos/videos/system messages are stored in the database once. Those lists can be wiped and refilled, or under some conditions can be updated.

All the other lists are wiped on a successful reconnection, but are cached for offline browsing too.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Then again, people keep asking for some iPod/iPad/iPhone/Android SageTV placeshifter...
I may be ignorant but, honestly, I didn't look at this thread at first because I didn't know what it was. If this thread was called "SageTV iPhone/iPad App", it certainly would have caught my eye sooner.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Though obviously that wouldn't apply if you are sorting by dates or such. Also it doesn't apply at the level where you can sort by genre/title/etc...
oh.. well that's where I would like it.. TV Shows sorted by title.. and in particular, videos sorted by title once I select a genre. A filter search functionality instead might be fine.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Exactly what I meant.. this would give it similar functionality to the Sonos app. For large lists, this is useful.
If you look at the Albums by genre, you will see it used. Now if you "sort by title", it's not at the level for it to happen, though I could probably do like I did for the "sort by date", which actually jumps to the next level to display it...

Quote:
I may be ignorant but, honestly, I didn't look at this thread at first because I didn't know what it was. If this thread was called "SageTV iPhone/iPad App", it certainly would have caught my eye sooner.
Hmm, I guess people are not as familiar with the iOS term as I thought...
Old 02-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If this thread was called "SageTV iPhone/iPad App", it certainly would have caught my eye sooner.
I've had the thread renamed, so it should be clearer now...

Quote:
oh.. well that's where I would like it.. TV Shows sorted by title..
Well, currently they are listed by series/movies title, and at the next level you can see the individual episodes. If I were to show the whole list with index, I feel it would be even more of a mess...

Quote:
and in particular, videos sorted by title once I select a genre.
But that's already working like that, if you select a genre, the next list will be sorted and show the index... Though I see that it's in reversed alphabetical order.

In version 1.10, I have been able to modify the "sort by title" to jump directly to the indexed list for albums/songs/videos, but I don't feel that it helps for TV shows, and for some strange reason it doesn't want to work for Photos...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage User

I just bought the app and cannot get it to work

I installed SageTCPServer - read the wiki and added the entires in the properties file

I have 2 extenders - I set their ports, etc.

Nothing - I configured the iphone app - set the TCP address - app indicates not connected.

Not sure where to start - I turned debug on but see no sagetv_0.txt - I set degubbing in Sage on and also on the TCPServer...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
I just bought the app and cannot get it to work
Yeah I had this although after a few restarts of my pc the various functions came alive.

I'm not sure it's currently worth the outlay although clearly there's great potential and for a hefty price there's bound to be a stream of updates.

Good work and promising even if a little disappointing at first.
Network: GB Ethernet / DLink DNS-323

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod