SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I have good metadata it all shows right in the default for a reference this is how I get the media title in diamond and seems to work spot on.
I see, so the method I use is basically your third option... But what would be the matching Episode title? Any chance you could pull the title/episode sent from sagetv_0.txt, the result displayed in TiSageTv and the "proper" result?

Quote:
Also any chance you could ad scrubing of the "the" , "a" and "an" before titles.
I probably should look into that... Might have to change the database model to have a field for that...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

[QUOTE=Fonceur;483262]I see, so the method I use is basically your third option... But what would be the matching Episode title? Any chance you could pull the title/episode sent from sagetv_0.txt, the result displayed in TiSageTv and the "proper" result?
[QUOTE]

Sure will report back. I use MediaTitle because that is what BMT sets by default so that is why is it my frist grab.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

[QUOTE=PLUCKYHD;483272][QUOTE=Fonceur;483262]I see, so the method I use is basically your third option... But what would be the matching Episode title? Any chance you could pull the title/episode sent from sagetv_0.txt, the result displayed in TiSageTv and the "proper" result?
Quote:

Sure will report back. I use MediaTitle because that is what BMT sets by default so that is why is it my frist grab.
bmt uses the MediaTitle field mainly for fanart lookups. I use a similar variation on Plucky's logic in Phoenix to resolve the title. Also, if you know that phoenix-apis will be installed, you can call phoenix.media.GetFormattedTItle(MediaFile) which will return a valid title but it will also format it according the user format masks. ie, the TV Mask might include season or a movie might contain the year if it exists, etc.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Here is some initial feedback from using the product for a few days

The iPhone version frequently looses connection - I get several commands then nothing - I reload the app, works for a few more commands. On the iPad, no problems keeping the connection.

Media center - showing videos by folders doesn't seem to be working - I have several folders but items are mixed togather and some folders are missing. I see them using the onscreen remote but not in the interface

When I go to online and run hulu videos, the interface just crashes after I run the video - I can't open the app anymore when the currently playing is an online hulu application (I am now wathcing an office episode and when I click on the app it shows for a second then crashes). The iPad is crashing, the iPhone doesnt.

Showing recordings - I would like to sort by original air date

It would be nice to have the selected server/client keep the custom names - when I select Bedroom, the selection shows bedroom but when selected it shows Client 1.

I like the speed of the interface and the general organization of the items. This app has a lot of promise!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Sage User

One other thing on iPad

TV Shows - it seems difficult/impossible to scroll through my list of recorded TV shows - once one is selected, scrolling is no longer possible.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
The iPhone version frequently looses connection
Either it's chocking on some data, or the iPhone connection is indeed flaky...

Quote:
Media center - showing videos by folders doesn't seem to be working - I have several folders but items are mixed togather and some folders are missing.
Right, I do need to get some better navigation of the file system structure. Browsing files in such a way just isn't natural on an iOS device...

Quote:
When I go to online and run hulu videos, the interface just crashes after I run the video
I haven't tried the online part, so it's likely producing results that I was not expecting...

Quote:
The iPad is crashing, the iPhone doesnt.
Probably because the iPad is showing the client's status on the main screen, while you'd have to go to the Status tab on the iPhone to get the same crash.

Quote:
Showing recordings - I would like to sort by original air date
The info is sent, just need to add it to the sort options...

Quote:
It would be nice to have the selected server/client keep the custom names - when I select Bedroom, the selection shows bedroom but when selected it shows Client 1.
It's supposed to, but obviously something isn't working as it should.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One other thing on iPad

TV Shows - it seems difficult/impossible to scroll through my list of recorded TV shows - once one is selected, scrolling is no longer possible.
Not sure what you mean... You do see the navigation button to move back a level?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage User

I have 100 episodes for a TV show and I spent some time typing to swipe to go to the next page - it is hard to explain. After some time, it seems to be fine, then it would stop again - the only thing I could do is choose one - maybe chalk it up to some glitch, I will keep an eye on it. I would have to leave the app to get it to respond again.

Also, it isn't really intuitive to play media - I have to click the graphic to play it - when there is no preview, I click the graphic. Seems better to simply have some button for it.

And another thing - settings is above Guide - to me, settings should be at the way bottom fixed to the bottom left or something not in the path of the typical actions....

Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
After some time, it seems to be fine, then it would stop again
It sounds like you might be losing connection, so the freeze would be when it redraws the list... Or maybe a new recording was added, which forced a refresh of the list... Do you also get that for the videos?

Quote:
Also, it isn't really intuitive to play media - I have to click the graphic to play it - when there is no preview, I click the graphic. Seems better to simply have some button for it.
Actually, the detailed view is displayed as a table and clicking anywhere within that table will bring the menu. I could add a dummy button, but that wouldn't really add much...

Quote:
And another thing - settings is above Guide - to me, settings should be at the way bottom fixed to the bottom left or something not in the path of the typical actions....
As most menus, it's simply in alphabetical order...
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage Expert

Hello,

Just started using the application, and have a few suggestions:

1. Information tab - add the system level icon for status level. That is a good indicator for any new messages.
2. Media center tab - On sort by folder, combine list by folder and only show contents of folder when selecting that folder. It seems to show all content, just sorted by GetMediaTitle. I live by folder view..
3. Make the default sort order for recordings to show newest first and/or keep the current sort order so it would return to the last sort order.
4. grouping on the recording list by show title
5. Have an icon or drop down combo box for client selection on the main screen, or atleast the remote screen to easily switch clients. (I think Plucky already mentioned that... )
6. Have an option to turn off delete. ( i think that was requested already also). Mainly for movies, recordings should probably always have that...

This is really a great app, just another reason to glue my IPad to my hand..

thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage Expert

One more,

If you select a show for playback, it takes you to the remote screen after selecting play..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
1. Information tab - add the system level icon for status level. That is a good indicator for any new messages.
Right, that would fit in the spot where the thumbnails are for some other lists...

Quote:
2. Media center tab - On sort by folder, combine list by folder and only show contents of folder when selecting that folder. It seems to show all content, just sorted by GetMediaTitle. I live by folder view..
I do need to come up with some better presentation for some of those lists.

Quote:
4. grouping on the recording list by show title
That's how it works, no?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you select a show for playback, it takes you to the remote screen after selecting play..
Yes, it goes to the status tab for the iPod/iPhone and to the Status/Remote page for the iPad... It's not a bug, it is on purpose...
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
That's how it works, no?
It does group by title if you have it sort by title. I was thinking if you have it sort by date, it would group by title and be ordered by the newest show in each group. Basically how the stv does.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Yes, it goes to the status tab for the iPod/iPhone and to the Status/Remote page for the iPad... It's not a bug, it is on purpose...
When I select a TV recording to watch and hit play, it just stays on the recording list screen, it doesn't switch screens. Should it be switching to the Remote screen?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Sage User

This app is getting better and better!!

Updated to 1.0.8 and am enjoying the upgrades. I have two issues/questions.

I am still having a problem keeping the app connected. When I start the program, connection to the network is fairly fast. After I close and reopen, most of the time the app doesn't reconnect automatically. I have to go into settings and reconnect manually. This is on an ipod touch. All of my other network apps work without any problems. I also see some crashes.

The other item is a request. Could some type of indication icon be placed next to "Conflicts" on the Recordings menu to indicate if there are any conflicts with out having to go into another page just to see if anything is there?

Another feature request would be to have another page on the remote section to have 4 or 6 buttons to be able to control some type of home automation for controlling theatre lighting (Insteon, etc.)

Sorry, I guess that was three issues/questions

Thanks for listening!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I was thinking if you have it sort by date, it would group by title and be ordered by the newest show in each group. Basically how the stv does.
I see. That would require some serious changes, so don't get your hopes up on that one...

Quote:
When I select a TV recording to watch and hit play, it just stays on the recording list screen, it doesn't switch screens. Should it be switching to the Remote screen?
Sounds like I missed some.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage Expert

I'll keep I little hope....

Thanks...
Jeff
Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steambuilder View Post
After I close and reopen, most of the time the app doesn't reconnect automatically.
Not seeing that on my iPod touch... You have the latest SageTCPServer, right? If you could post the sagetv_0.txt log file, maybe there's a hint in there...

Quote:
The other item is a request. Could some type of indication icon be placed next to "Conflicts" on the Recordings menu to indicate if there are any conflicts with out having to go into another page just to see if anything is there?
Right, I'd like to hide some menus dynamically, like if there's no conflict, or remove Live TV if not connected to a client, but the nice method I use to show those, kinda prevents me from doing that. I might be able to put the item's count in parenthesis or such...

Quote:
Another feature request would be to have another page on the remote section to have 4 or 6 buttons to be able to control some type of home automation for controlling theatre lighting (Insteon, etc.)
That would require running external applications through SageTCPServer or such, maybe eventghost or something. Filing that under "Add user configurable buttons."...
Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll keep I little hope....

Thanks...
Jeff
I'll hope with you I would like the sort by date to stay grouped by show as well.

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod