SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

One other question - how do you send events to SageAlert from SJQ?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
One other question - how do you send events to SageAlert from SJQ?
Download the sjq-common jar, add it to the classpath of the task client (if using the plugin task client then install the sjq-common plugin, restart Sage). Then you have to code the event signal as part of your groovy script. I'll whip up a quick example and add it to the end of this post tonight or tomorrow.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I have sjq-common version 4.0.0.1236 installed - it must have come with one of the other plugins. This is the one you mean, right?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have sjq-common version 4.0.0.1236 installed - it must have come with one of the other plugins. This is the one you mean, right?
Yup, that's it. Lots of hockey and NCAA bowl games to be watched tonight... will write an example script tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Yup, that's it. Lots of hockey and NCAA bowl games to be watched tonight... will write an example script tomorrow.
Sorry, you need sagealert-common plugin installed. If you have SageAlert already installed on the machine then it should already be installed, but you'll just want to confirm.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

SageAlert integration example (using system messages)

Here's an example of how to fire a system message via Groovy script. As long as you configure SageAlert to handle system messages then this is the easiest way to generate SageAlert alerts via SJQ/Groovy. I'm assuming this will be sufficient, wayner? If you want a full example of how to post custom events then let me know, but you're going to have to create a separate SageTV plugin to configure SageAlert to handle the custom event(s). SJQ itself will not be a provider of custom SageTV events nor register them with SageAlert. Honestly, I think the system message approach is the best way because 1) it's dead easy to implement via Groovy (one line API call) and 2) generated system messages also show up in the STV.

Note, the script itself is a single line (an API call to SystemMessageAPI.PostSystemMessage()). The rest is comments describing doc links, etc. for further reading.

Code:
/*
 If you want to post a custom event that SageAlert will handle then you need
 to create a separate plugin and register the custom event with SageAlert;
 details on how to do that are described in the following wiki doc:

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addons/wiki/SageAlertCustomEvents

Now, if you just want to fire an event that SageAlert already knows about
 (i.e. a Sage system message) then you can just use the following (1 line) script.

The advantage to using a system message is that you will also see the
 alert in the STV.  If you think this is a disadvantage then you'll have
 to go with the custom event as described in the wiki link above.
*/

// Do whatever you want to do and let's assume that's done and you've
// decided that you want to post a system message that will show up
// in the STV and will also be handled by SageAlert.  I'm assuming
// you've already configured SageAlert to handle system messages as
// desired

SystemMessageAPI.PostSystemMessage(1204, 1, "This is the body of the message", null)

// You can modify the MessageCode param (param #1) and set the message subject as described in the API docs:
// http://download.sage.tv/api/sage/api/SystemMessageAPI.html

// The second param specifies the level of the system message (1-3; info, warn, error)

// The third param specifies the var subs for the txt; see API docs; null = no vars
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Something I'd like to do and for the life of me can't figure out... would love some help.

I've got the comskip task running reliably(ish) but would like to modify the process a bit to set the watched flag prior to running the comskip.

In v3 I did the test for watched flag has been set, if not set it then run comskip. If it has been set just run comskip. I don't really think I care if the flag has been set or not as long as it gets set before running the comskip command. I'm pretty much running the comskip.groovy example script and ideally would like to drop this in at the top of that script.....
Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Something I'd like to do and for the life of me can't figure out... would love some help.

I've got the comskip task running reliably(ish) but would like to modify the process a bit to set the watched flag prior to running the comskip.

In v3 I did the test for watched flag has been set, if not set it then run comskip. If it has been set just run comskip. I don't really think I care if the flag has been set or not as long as it gets set before running the comskip command. I'm pretty much running the comskip.groovy example script and ideally would like to drop this in at the top of that script.....
Right at the bottom of the comskip_test.groovy file. Right before the last line "return 0;", add this line:

AiringAPI.SetWatched(mf);

Doing that will always set the recording to watched right before comskip is executed on the file.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you sir!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Having troubles getting a comskip task installed. I am following this tutorial http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...i/Sjq4Comskip1

However after I hit the Add Task, it says I must commit so I do but I do not see the new task.

When I checked the sjq log I see this.

2010-12-31 15:51:52,218 INFO [Handler]: CMD: PINGC :: PEER: /127.0.0.1
2010-12-31 15:51:52,218 ERROR [CommandFactory]: Error
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.server.commands.Pingc
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.listener.CommandFactory.get(CommandFactory.java:30)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.listener.Handler.run(Handler.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2010-12-31 15:51:53,921 INFO [Handler]: CMD: PINGC :: PEER: /192.168.10.20
2010-12-31 15:51:53,921 ERROR [CommandFactory]: Error
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.server.commands.Pingc
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.listener.CommandFactory.get(CommandFactory.java:30)
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.listen
Old 12-31-2010, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's an example of how to fire a system message via Groovy script. As long as you configure SageAlert to handle system messages then this is the easiest way to generate SageAlert alerts via SJQ/Groovy. I'm assuming this will be sufficient, wayner?
I am totally happy with this method. I guess it will cause your System Message icon to come up but that is fine with me. I also get this every few days as Leafs TV HD never actually carrries the team names when they have games - of course this causes SRE to throw up a system message.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

If you associate more than one SJQ task with a Favorite then how do you know the priority of the tasks - ie. which will be executed, first, second, etc?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
Having troubles getting a comskip task installed. I am following this tutorial http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addo...i/Sjq4Comskip1

However after I hit the Add Task, it says I must commit so I do but I do not see the new task.

When I checked the sjq log I see this.

2010-12-31 15:51:52,218 INFO [Handler]: CMD: PINGC :: PEER: /127.0.0.1
2010-12-31 15:51:52,218 ERROR [CommandFactory]: Error
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.listener.Handler.run(Handler.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2010-12-31 15:51:53,921 INFO [Handler]: CMD: PINGC :: PEER: /192.168.10.20
2010-12-31 15:51:53,921 ERROR [CommandFactory]: Error
at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.listen
It appears that a jar file has been removed from your system. In your SageTV\JARs\ folder is the sjq.jar file there? Is there more than one? Do a 'dir *sjq*' listing from a command prompt on the JARs folder. What do you get? If the sjq.jar file is missing, you need to fix that (uninstall/reinstall SJQ). If it's there, but there are duplicate jar files, you need to stop Sage, remove the duplicates and restart Sage. If the jar is there and there are no duplicates then you probably just need to restart Sage.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you associate more than one SJQ task with a Favorite then how do you know the priority of the tasks - ie. which will be executed, first, second, etc?
You don't. There is no more priority concept in the SJQ task queue. If two tasks depend on each other, they should be combined into one task and executed as a single entity, where you do each part of the task in its proper order explicitly within your groovy script/exe/batch file/shell script/etc.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

OK that makes sense. But then the UI should be changed so that when you are assigning a task to a Favorite, etc that you can only assign one task - currently you can assign more than one even though the selection is by radio button which implies only one selection is possible but currently you can select more than one.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok restarting SageTV fixed the pingc error. Now when I try to run my comskip task I got the error that java.exe did not exist in the SageTV/SageTV/jre/bin/ when it tried to run the test script. Well java.exe does not exist there, so just to see what would happen if I put it there, I copied java.exe from my java bin to that location.

After that I get the error, Remote SageAPI is not functional. Can't user server: rmi://192.168.10.20:1098

I ran netstat -an to see if the server was listening on 1098 and it is not even though the sagex-services is configed for port 1098
Old 01-01-2011, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK that makes sense. But then the UI should be changed so that when you are assigning a task to a Favorite, etc that you can only assign one task - currently you can assign more than one even though the selection is by radio button which implies only one selection is possible but currently you can select more than one.
I think Sluggers "You don't" comment means you don't know the priority of the tasks if multiple tasks are assigned to a Favorite. You can assign multiple tasks, but you can't control in what order they occur.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You don't. There is no more priority concept in the SJQ task queue. If two tasks depend on each other, they should be combined into one task and executed as a single entity, where you do each part of the task in its proper order explicitly within your groovy script/exe/batch file/shell script/etc.
How do you call a batch file from a groovy script? Can you execute a Windows/DOS command like copy or move from groovy or do you have to call a batch file to do that - what I mean is can you do something like exec("copy abc.mpg xyz.mpg") the way that you can in some scripting languages?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I ran into this during development, thought it was fixed. Can't remember what I did to fix it. Will have to investigate tomorrow.
| jvm 1 | 2011/01/01 17:40:30 | log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [sjqAgentApp].
| jvm 1 | 2011/01/01 17:40:30 | log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [sjqAgentApp].

Ever figure this out? I'm getting 3 lines of this a second.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Assigning more than one task is a valid option. You can run multiple tasks in response to an event if the tasks are mutually exclusive or at least they don't depend on each other.