SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
How are you queuing tasks? Recordings must be queued either via an event (RecordingStarted/RecordingStopped) or you must queue a recording manually from its recording details screen. That's how SJQ is able to set all those variables is uses in the script (SJQ4_ID, etc). If you just manually queue a comskip task from the SJQ menu then it won't know which recording it's for and therefore all of that metadata will not be properly set.
That was the problem.. I was trying to run it from crontab - hoping to emulate the behavior of the old MediaScanner.

Thanks.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterw View Post
Just installed SJQ 4, set it up and getting the following error when a task runs "Exe does not exist or cannot be executed! [C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre\bin\java.exe] in the Log for the Test Script...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt
I just installed SJQ4 and I'm getting this exact error as well. I setup a basic comskip following your document and I then manually added an existing recording and that's when this error popped up.

Quote:
It would appear that the bundled JRE with SageTV is not laid out in a standard way. Where is the java.exe located under C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre\? Either way, the expected path is hardcoded so I'm going to have to make a code change, but I'll need to know where it is.
I pulled up the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre\bin and there is no java.exe in there, but there is a java-rmi.exe file in there.

BTW this is on a WHS install, not sure if htat makes a difference.

Thanks!

ETA - As a temp fix i've just copied over the java-rmi.exe to java.exe and it seems to be running now.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

The best fix is to install a JRE on your system and make it the default JRE for the system. Then Sage (and SJQ) will use that JRE at runtime. I'm not so sure how good of an idea it is to rename java-rmi.exe and use it as java.exe. If it works, that's good, I guess, but not sure if that's the best idea.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
it worked and it's running with the rename.

I do have jre installed, how do I make it the default for the system?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I've never used WHS so that Q is out of my area of knowledge.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are there any rescheduling scripts or examples?

On SJQ3 I had a couple of tasks that would reschedule an SD recording to HD. I also did a reschedule of select shows, mainly law & order and CSI programs that if an archive flag is set, it would reschedule it.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewelin View Post
Are there any rescheduling scripts or examples?

On SJQ3 I had a couple of tasks that would reschedule an SD recording to HD. I also did a reschedule of select shows, mainly law & order and CSI programs that if an archive flag is set, it would reschedule it.
None yet... I'll start to look at some of these in the next couple weeks and try to get some examples out, where possible, but I'm not going to have time to do all of them immediately.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewelin View Post
I do have jre installed, how do I make it the default for the system?
You can do that on WHS by stopping SageTV and renaming the jre directory in the SageTV root directory (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre) directory to something else like jre_backup. Then if you didn't already have Java installed, you could do it from java.com. Restart SageTV and check the System Information screen to see if it lists new Java version. Only problem is, everytime you upgrade SageTV it will recreate the jre directory and you will have to stop SageTV and rename or delete the jre directory again.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
None yet... I'll start to look at some of these in the next couple weeks and try to get some examples out, where possible, but I'm not going to have time to do all of them immediately.
Fine by me. Thanks for all you've done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
You can do that on WHS by stopping SageTV and renaming the jre directory in the SageTV root directory (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jre) directory to something else like jre_backup. Then if you didn't already have Java installed, you could do it from java.com. Restart SageTV and check the System Information screen to see if it lists new Java version. Only problem is, everytime you upgrade SageTV it will recreate the jre directory and you will have to stop SageTV and rename or delete the jre directory again.
Thanks I'll give that a shot next time my system can be powered down.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

I think I found a bug. I removed 2 tasks from my client before I removed the assignment of those tasks to an event. SJQ was still tying to assign the tasks to a client, but none supported those tasks. Thats probably fine, but the real problem was that those task names no longer show up in the screen to assign (and unassign) tasks to an event, so I could not stop SJQ from queuing them up. In order to remove the assignment to the task, I had to recreate a dummy task with that name in order it to show up for me to unassign it.

I guess I would suggest that the list of task names displayed in the screen to assign/unassign tasks to events should get its task list both from the tasks that exist (which it does now) and the tasks that are currently assigned to an event

Thanks

Kent

Last edited by PosterBoy; 01-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterBoy View Post
Hi

I think I found a bug. I removed 2 tasks from my client before I removed the assignment of those tasks to an event. SJQ was still tying to assign the tasks to a client, but none supported those tasks. Thats probably fine, but the real problem was that those task names no longer show up in the screen to assign (and unassign) tasks to an event, so I could not stop SJQ from queuing them up. In order to remove the assignment to the task, I had to recreate a dummy task with that name in order it to show up for me to unassign it.

I guess I would suggest that the list of task names displayed in the screen to assign/unassign tasks to events should get its task list both from the tasks that exist (which it does now) and the tasks that are currently assigned to an event

Thanks

Kent
Please document this in a ticket so I can assign it to tmiranda to investigate. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterBoy View Post
Hi

Thanks

Kent
I saw this problem during development but thought I had fixed it. Maybe not

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I was without SJQv3 for about 2 weeks before I got v4 running. Now I've got an HD and SD comskip running and queue up correctly at the end of recordings. Unfortunately from that 2 week time period I have a ton of recordings that didn't get comskiped. Any way I can easily go through and bulk add them? Or any way I can have SJQ run through all of my recordings and add any that need to be comskipped?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:25 PM
SageTVaholic

You would have to write a script that went looking for these. Eventually I'll find the time to write such an example, but in the mean time if anyone else comfortable with groovy wants to help out it'd be appreciated. A quick skeleton of what needs to be done is shown below:

Code:
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.network.*
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.metadata.Factory

ServerClient sc = new ServerClient()

for(Object mediaFile : MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFiles()) {
   if(MediaFileAPI.GetNumberOfSegments(mediaFile) > 0) {
      String fileName = MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mediaFile, 0).getAbsolutePath()
      String edlName = fileName.substring(0, fileName.lastIndexOf('.')) + ".edl"
      // You can add any other constraints to the if statement below
      // (i.e. skip certain channels, titles, etc.; this is left as exercise for reader)
      // Currently, it will just check for an edl and queue up tasks if it's not found
      // Only run this script once otherwise it'll requeue the same recordings if
      // reran too quickly (unless you tag processed media files via metadata, for example; again left as exercise for reader
      if(!new File(edlName).exists()) {
         Map<String, String> map = Factory.getMap(mediaFile)
         sc.addTask("HDCOMSKIP", map)
         sc.addTask("SDCOMSKIP", map)
      }
   }
}

sc.close()
NOTE: This script is untested and may contain syntax errors, etc., but it's a solid starting point. It will ONLY work as written on the Sage plugin version of the task client. If you're running the standalone (console or Windows service) client then you must add the SOMF plugin jar file to your task client's classpath before attempting to run it.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm getting duplicate entries of the comskip task queued up. I suspect it's because the rule to add on a start even is adding them (what I want) and everytime I setup a favorite or a recording sjq asks for what jobs to associate with the recording/favorite (I'd like to never see that pop up again by the way). Now I can't find a way to go back in and remove what I entered into the pop up. How can I remove the task associated with a favorite/recording?... Looking at its setting via the gui doesn't show the checkbox checked.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
I'm getting duplicate entries of the comskip task queued up. I suspect it's because the rule to add on a start even is adding them (what I want) and everytime I setup a favorite or a recording sjq asks for what jobs to associate with the recording/favorite (I'd like to never see that pop up again by the way). Now I can't find a way to go back in and remove what I entered into the pop up. How can I remove the task associated with a favorite/recording?... Looking at its setting via the gui doesn't show the checkbox checked.
It could be a bug with the UI, but I haven't seen such as issue. If it is then you'll have to view the favourite's properties else where and edit them (i.e. in Studio). Is it possible you've accidentally added the task to RecordingStopped as well?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nothing setup as a recordingStopped task.... I'm building a new server this week and will see if I still have the problem next week....assuming the build goes well....
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Hello. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all Sage Job Queue v 4 components and now I am getting the following error whenever a task launches comskip.

LOG4J Configured Logging for :sagex-api using file: sagex-api.log4j.properties
Unsupported script extension 'GROOVY'; maybe you need to install a scripting engine for this language?

Any suggestions?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavo View Post
Hello. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all Sage Job Queue v 4 components and now I am getting the following error whenever a task launches comskip.

LOG4J Configured Logging for :sagex-api using file: sagex-api.log4j.properties
Unsupported script extension 'GROOVY'; maybe you need to install a scripting engine for this language?

Any suggestions?
Are you using the plugin version of the task client? If so, it seems the groovy jar file is missing from your JARs folder. Ensure the groovy plugin is installed (under library plugins). If it is, ensure the groovy jar file is in JARs folder. Assuming it's not, uninstall/reinstall the groovy plugin. If it is, ensure there are no duplicates of that jar in the JARs folder. Stop Sage and remove duplicates if there are.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does SJQv4 use the lobs.db? I have had my WHS system crash twice now because there is a lobs.db directory in the SageTV directory with all kinds of db files. Took up the remaining 10gig I had on the sytem partition twice.