SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage User

more info regarding UI/Restart conflict

skiingwiz,

Just to clarify,

The conflict only occurs on the server machine, not the extenders. I can leave your plugin enabled on my extenders and it will play nicely with the SJQv4 UI. Since your plugin has the most value on the extenders (I use it regularly by the way, great job!) the conflict on the server is of minimal importance if any at all.

-Nutball

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
That's my plugin. I took another look at it and I don't believe I am doing anything that I shouldn't be. I'm not quite ready to upgrade to SJQ 4, and I only have my production server. So I can't install the SJQ UI to debug the problem.

If tmrianda figures it out, and the problem is on my end, I'd be glad to fix it.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Is there a way to turn off the query every time I set a manual recording?

I prefer to just use the global trigger on recording stop.

Jim
Not right now. Ticket it and tmiranda will see it when he's back from vacation.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Not right now. Ticket it and tmiranda will see it when he's back from vacation.
Can you believe the nerve of some of these people taking time off on the holidays!!! How rude!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Look at the sjq.log file. It should say that it couldn't find a suitable client to assign the task to. If so, then check that remote client, is it configured to handle the task type?
Patience paid off, now the task IS getting sent to the client, it then gets returned with the UI log for the task saying Error: invalid environment data passed to scritpt!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

What does the metadata look like for the task? Based on that error, it's not being set as expected.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What does the metadata look like for the task? Based on that error, it's not being set as expected.
Metadata is empty.
Several other tasks to that client have failed rather than being returned with the same log error as before....
Old 12-15-2010, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Metadata is empty.
Several other tasks to that client have failed rather than being returned with the same log error as before....
How are you queuing the tasks? Tasks queued by fav or from the recording details screen would (should) have the proper metadata attached to them. Tasks without proper metadata will fail.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Which log error is that? (120+ posts in this thread in less than two days has got my head spinning a little )
Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you using PlaceShifter? I can reproduce this on PlaceShifter.
I just tried to reproduce this on a Placeshifter and it looks fine. Can you tell me exactly how you reproduced this?

Now back to packing for that vacation ....

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
tmrianda,

I found the issue with the UI not loading on my server. It appears to be a conflict with the "Restart Sage from Setup Menu" plugin that I also had installed.

Your UI loads just fine when i disable the "Restart Sage...." plugin.

-Nutball
I know what the problem is. When both plugins are loaded the Sage Job Queue item gets pushed off the bottom of the screen. It's still there but you can't see it because there are too many items in the column. (You can still select the SJQ Menus by pressing the right arrow.)

I'll have to look into how to fix this.

Suitcase is still empty so now I really have to pack.....

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
How are you queuing the tasks? Tasks queued by fav or from the recording details screen would (should) have the proper metadata attached to them. Tasks without proper metadata will fail.
Tasks are coming from recording details screen.

The task that's been returned to the separate client machine has the error "invalid environment data passed to script (which btw is spelled scritpt in log)

Tasks that show failed from the same client were entered the same way (via the recording details screen... I think) show metadata and show the LOG4J:configured logging for:sagex-api using file:sagex-api.log4j.properties

There are some tasks queued by start of recording event.. but I can't find them right now.... I keep having UI issues with the task list.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I just tried to reproduce this on a Placeshifter and it looks fine. Can you tell me exactly how you reproduced this?

Now back to packing for that vacation ....
I just chose to edit a task from PlaceShifter then chose to edit the exe value for that task and get the attached screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sjq4_10.jpg (115.9 KB, 223 views)
Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just chose to edit a task from PlaceShifter then chose to edit the exe value for that task and get the attached screenshot.
Now I see. As a workaround stop Sage/service and set this property to true:

Code:
ui/numeric_text_input_enable=true
There's probably way to do that from the UI but I'm not exactly sure how.

Pack, must pack, ......

Old 12-15-2010, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tasks are coming from recording details screen.

The task that's been returned to the separate client machine has the error "invalid environment data passed to script (which btw is spelled scritpt in log)
Tasks with no metadata is a bit puzzling. I'm not able to reproduce this. Tasks with no metadata (that use the comskip_test.groovy file for their test) will never succeed. I have no idea how to reproduce this if the task was queued from the recording details screen - I just tried every conceivable way I could think of to reproduce.

Quote:
Tasks that show failed from the same client were entered the same way (via the recording details screen... I think) show metadata and show the LOG4J:configured logging for:sagex-api using file:sagex-api.log4j.properties
Have a look at the sjqagent.log file. If there's no output then check sjqagent.log:
  • Did the client accept the task (you can search for the queue id number in the log)?
  • Does the log complain about not being able to find an exe and/or a groovy script to execute?
  • If it doesn't complain about a missing file then it executed the exe. If there's no output then the exe is not producing any to stderr/stdout. Did the exe generate its own log file? If so, does it say why the exe failed?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am getting a warning from SQJv4 saying the task client is marked offline until I upgrade then ends in 1320<1325 I go under my plugins but dont see any message showing that a upgrade is available. Do I need to download it manually???
Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
I am getting a warning from SQJv4 saying the task client is marked offline until I upgrade then ends in 1320<1325 I go under my plugins but dont see any message showing that a upgrade is available. Do I need to download it manually???
Nope. 1325 is in the repository. Just go to the list of installed plugins and select it, you should be able to upgrade it. If you're running the console or Windows service version of the task client then, yes, you must upgrade those manually when required.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Tasks with no metadata is a bit puzzling. I'm not able to reproduce this. Tasks with no metadata (that use the comskip_test.groovy file for their test) will never succeed. I have no idea how to reproduce this if the task was queued from the recording details screen - I just tried every conceivable way I could think of to reproduce.

Have a look at the sjqagent.log file. If there's no output then check sjqagent.log:
  • Did the client accept the task (you can search for the queue id number in the log)?
  • Does the log complain about not being able to find an exe and/or a groovy script to execute?
  • If it doesn't complain about a missing file then it executed the exe. If there's no output then the exe is not producing any to stderr/stdout. Did the exe generate its own log file? If so, does it say why the exe failed?
Here's the logs from the client sjqagent/logs directory, looks like there are errors here, but it's all foreign to me....

It says unable to execute, but doesn't say why... around 11:32:24. Of coarse the drive letter is not the same, so this goes back to the question I had regarding the drive mapping in the SJQ4_PATH and how to redirect it to the unc?... don't think I ever saw a response to that one.

Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (8.6 KB, 168 views)
Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nope. 1325 is in the repository. Just go to the list of installed plugins and select it, you should be able to upgrade it. If you're running the console or Windows service version of the task client then, yes, you must upgrade those manually when required.
I dont see it I see installed but nothing that says upgrade, weird the past two times it would say upgrade, instead just shows installed.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
I dont see it I see installed but nothing that says upgrade, weird the past two times it would say upgrade, instead just shows installed.
Check the SageTVPlugins.xml file in your SageTV base directory. Search for sjq-agent. Which version of the plugin is in that file? If it's 1320 only then your plugin list is not being updated by Sage. You would need to force an update of that file (not sure how to do that). If 1325 is in that file then there's something wrong with the Sage plugin manager that's preventing you from upgrading.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's the logs from the client sjqagent/logs directory, looks like there are errors here, but it's all foreign to me....

It says unable to execute, but doesn't say why... around 11:32:24. Of coarse the drive letter is not the same, so this goes back to the question I had regarding the drive mapping in the SJQ4_PATH and how to redirect it to the unc?... don't think I ever saw a response to that one.

Any suggestions?
It's trying to run "C:\Program Files\comskip\comskip\exe" (this should probably be comskip.exe) which means you may have typed in the information wrong.