SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Do you have mymovies installed?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same issue. I've installed it on the server and it was enabled after reboot (Win7 Pro x64). On the client (Win7 Ult x64) w/newly installed v7 I do the SageMyMovies install. Restart, and go to Installed client plugins. It shows disabled; try to enable and I get:

Plugin cannot be enabled. A required dependency may be missing or the plugin is broken. Try removing and reinstalling the plugin.

I removed & reinstalled, rebooted the server, no change.

BTW - This is the only plugin I have installed.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you installed the MyMovies Collection Manager client on the client PC?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

The plugin info says it needs MYMOVIES COLLECTION MANAGER running. This doesn't appear in the plugins list. Is it under a different name?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Have you installed the MyMovies Collection Manager client on the client PC?
No. What is it listed under?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

No, it's a separate program at www.mymovies.dk

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No, it's a separate program at www.mymovies.dk
Thanks. My Movies for WMC?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarroterl View Post
Thanks. My Movies for WMC?
No, it's called MyMovies Collection Manager. You'll need a server version installed somewhere on your network (most use their sage server), and the client version installed any place you want to access the data. This plugin is a display for the MyMovies database.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techvet View Post
I would agree w/PluckyHD. There is no other reason for this to fail once it passes so by all means try it. I tried reinstalling 3 or 4 times in various sequences each time with the exact same results. I tried the Stop/Restart of the SageTV Service with everything installed and the API showing as FAILED. As soon as I completed the Restart the API immediately went active (i.e. passed), but the actual SMM add-in was disabled (as per normal.) With the API functioning, enabling the add-in was a quick click and I was done. I would highly recommend that folks having trouble try this as you have nothing to loose.
I had the same API fail. Uninstalled SMM and API, reinstalled API first then checked it and it was listed as installed. I then installed SMM checked and it was disabled when trying to enabled it the message showed dependency or plugin missing. Completely shut down Sage restarted it, went back into enable SMM and this time it worked. Reloaded UI and all is good! When in doubt reboot, thanks
Tuners: 5 total - HDHomerun Prime via Comcast, HDHomerun
Clients: 3 x HD200, 40" LCD, 46" LCD, 60" rear pro
Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Sage User

Just wanted to say I've been banging my head all day with this failed api problem & peter_h solution fixed it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm still getting this problem despite following every-ones suggestions. My OS is win7_64 which perhaps might be part of the problem. Mine was fine under WHS.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope I run 64 bit w7 just fine. Need a trace log to help.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've just tried uploading the SageMyMovies log file but it says invalid file, is that the correct file? Can I email it to you its about 4mb?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
I've just tried uploading the SageMyMovies log file but it says invalid file, is that the correct file? Can I email it to you its about 4mb?
Please see the wiki and post at top of thread on where to send it also must be a trace log.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

The gmail address bounced back?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

It sure why I just tested and one went through...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm also getting this problem now, and no matter what sequence, etc.. I perform I still get the failed API..
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you have tried all the suggestions, did you send logs as per the wiki and the stickies in the top of the forum?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Sage User

Peter, et.al:

WHS version of Sage TV installed. MM for WHS (which includes the collection management functions as I understand it) is installed on the WS. Installed SageTV client on XP desktop. Got Video working from the stock interface.

I am unable to install SMM and am getting the API error. I have tried to meticulously follow the suggestions in this thread but alas, I am unable to get past the issue.

I'm not sure how to generate the log files if SMM won't enable. Can you or somone explain the steps to generate the logs required to help?

Note: I am trying to install the plug-in in the SageTV client software screen, on the client (XP) PC. As I can't easily get to the Sage TV "console" on the server, I have not tried to install it on the WHS server Sage TV "console". That's correct, right?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by getgray; 01-28-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgray View Post
Peter, et.al:

WHS version of Sage TV installed. MM for WHS (which includes the collection management functions as I understand it) is installed on the WS. Installed SageTV client on XP desktop. Got Video working from the stock interface.

I am unable to install SMM and am getting the API error. I have tried to meticulously follow the suggestions in this thread but alas, I am unable to get past the issue.

I'm not sure how to generate the log files if SMM won't enable. Can you or somone explain the steps to generate the logs required to help?

Note: I am trying to install the plug-in in the SageTV client software screen, on the client (XP) PC. As I can't easily get to the Sage TV "console" on the server, I have not tried to install it on the WHS server Sage TV "console". That's correct, right?

Thanks,
Scott
First off the WHS mymovies doesn't include the collection manager you need that installed on the client pc as a client connecting to the server. If you have collection manager on your WHS you installed it wrong. The WHS should only have the WHS console addin.

Second you need to get SMM installed on the server for it function correctly. For some reason sagetv won't let you install in on the server from the client. REmote in and open sagetv on the whs and install it if you don't have an extender. (extender is the same as server).

but it will fail over and over again without the collection manager installed on the client pc and connecting to the WHS.