SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Sage User

A small problem:

If you set the option to keep the filters at all time, when you toggle the view from recording to recording schedule (the first button on the upper left side), when you return to the recording, the filters aren't applied, you need to re-apply them.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
2.) There seems to be a minor bug/conflict w/ Fuzzy's "Recording Schedule Shortcut" UIMOD installed w/ this plugin. If you hit the REC button in TVExplorer it will pull up the default SageTV Recording schedule (as designed by fuzzy if you are at the main menu). This happens if you are in the Navigation Panel on the left or any of the settings menu's in TVE. Otherwise, REC in the Group or Episode Panels works as designed.
That is because TVExplorer completely ignores the REC command unless you are focused on an item that could handle it (a group or item). Without my plugin, my guess is nothing would happen when there. So, if the RECORD event gets all the way back to the 'Global Root' section of the UI without being handled by anything, it will bring up the REC menu. The only way to make it NOT do this (though I'm not sure why) would be to add a handler to it in the TVE root that does nothing. Would be easy to add, but it's something Razr would have to do.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The only way to make it NOT do this (though I'm not sure why) would be to add a handler to it in the TVE root that does nothing. Would be easy to add, but it's something Razr would have to do.
already done in the latest build
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
already done in the latest build
Yeah, I replied before i realized there were two more pages of thread to read.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
A small problem:

If you set the option to keep the filters at all time, when you toggle the view from recording to recording schedule (the first button on the upper left side), when you return to the recording, the filters aren't applied, you need to re-apply them.
what about if you leave TVE and reenter it? do the filters come back? I'll add an issue so I don't forget about it.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

This is (and was) a known issue I remember telling you about back in the SageMC days. It does keep the filter settings if you back out to the main menu. It's only when you toggle to the recording and scheduled that the filters get reset upon return.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
This is (and was) a known issue I remember telling you about back in the SageMC days. It does keep the filter settings if you back out to the main menu. It's only when you toggle to the recording and scheduled that the filters get reset upon return.
ahhh yes... i was just rereading the known issues list this morning and was wondering if they were the same issue...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Sage Expert

razrsharpe

Thanks for porting this over. It has been missed since I wnet to Win7/Sage7 a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get home tonight and install it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
razrsharpe

Thanks for porting this over. It has been missed since I wnet to Win7/Sage7 a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get home tonight and install it.
you're welcome. But you should really thank tmiranda.... He did all the hard work
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
you're welcome. But you should really thank tmiranda.... He did all the hard work
Well then thanks to tmiranda.

Also looking forward to V2.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Got a few more bugs to report.

1.) If I sort by Season/Episode and have double digit seasons, the right most season selection pane will display season 1, 10, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5, etc. If I eneble the option to pad season/episodes w/ leading zero in options, it will pad all episodes correctly in the episode pane. However, in the Season Pane, it does not pad with zero's and displays as above, ie 1, 10, 2, etc.

Personally, I like it the way it is and don't want it to pad the Season Pane but if you could somehow make it display 10 after 9, instead of after 1, that would be awesome.

EDIT: This appears to already be bugged as number 4 on your defect list.

2.) When I toggle from recordings to the recorded schedule, the episode listings are not correct. The episode listings are from the first item in the "recordings" list. If you scroll down and back up, it will refresh and be correct. This happens every time i check the recording schedule. The show description, banner and fan art cover are all correct, it is only the episode listings which are wrong.

3.) I seem to have a problem playing back imported TV content from playon. Plucky and EvilPenguin put out a plugin that will import TV from your netflix queue. It creates dummy files that refernces the playon locations.

The shows appear in the listing fine with correct metadata but i can not play them back in TVE. I am getting a playon error. I can't see what the error screen says because it flashes so quickly. However, playback from the default V7 recordings screen and from the "TV Browser" plugin work fine.

Lastly, is there a way to dictate the location of the "Poster" separate from the preview window?

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited by Peter_h; 01-21-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Got a few more bugs to report.

1.) If I sort by Season/Episode and have double digit seasons, the right most season selection pane will display season 1, 10, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5, etc. If I eneble the option to pad season/episodes w/ leading zero in options, it will pad all episodes correctly in the episode pane. However, in the Season Pane, it does not pad with zero's and displays as above, ie 1, 10, 2, etc.

Personally, I like it the way it is and don't want it to pad the Season Pane but if you could somehow make it display 10 after 9, instead of after 1, that would be awesome.
known issue (or at least it was and you just confirmed it) Is the episode list always correct? and it is just the right most filter pane that is not?

Quote:
2.) When I toggle from recordings to the recorded schedule, the episode listings are not correct. The episode listings are from the first item in the "recordings" list. If you scroll down and back up, it will refresh and be correct. This happens every time i check the recording schedule. The show description, banner and fan art cover are all correct, it is only the episode listings which are wrong.
i must not be refreshing the episode list correctly... I'll look into it
Issue 23 added

Quote:
3.) I seem to have a problem playing back imported TV content from playon. Plucky and EvilPenguin put out a plugin that will import TV from your netflix queue. It creates dummy files that refernces the playon locations.

The shows appear in the listing fine with correct metadata but i can not play them back in TVE. I am getting a playon error. I can't see what the error screen says because it flashes so quickly. However, playback from the default V7 recordings screen and from the "TV Browser" plugin work fine.
I have not used/installed that plugin so it's not surprising that it doesn't work. I'll have to install it and see what's going on... TVE just passes the mediafile to the player and switches to the OSD screen so I'm not sure what's going on but should be able to figure it out by examining what those other plugins do
Issue 22 added
Quote:
Lastly, is there a way to dictate the location of the "Poster" separate from the preview window?
not right now and probably won't be changed in v1
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-21-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
known issue (or at least it was and you just confirmed it) Is the episode list always correct? and it is just the right most filter pane that is not?
That is correct. I just double checked to verify.

Sorting by Season/Episode:
  • Episode pane: Episode is in the correct order ie. 1, 2,..10, 11, whether Pad Season/Episode is enabled or disabled. So no problems there.
  • Season Pane: Season listing is displayed as 1,10,11,2,3 regardless of whether Pad Season/Episode is enabled or disabled.

-Peter
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

I have not used/installed that plugin so it's not surprising that it doesn't work. I'll have to install it and see what's going on... TVE just passes the mediafile to the player and switches to the OSD screen so I'm not sure what's going on but should be able to figure it out by examining what those other plugins do
Issue 22 added
So I did some more testing and some digging and tried to read up on How EP/Plucky's plugin works. Here is the link to the plugin PlayOn Hulu/Netflix Queue Importer. EP even has a snapshot of the studio code being used to make the plugin work.

Here is a portion of EP's description of how the plugin works that I think is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
...when you go to playback one of these dummy videos Sage will see the corresponding .playon file, call UPnPBrowser to get the actual video link, and then play it back like an online video.
I think what is happening is TVE is trying to play the file directly and is not seeing the playon file and consequently is not continuing on with the next steps. The reason i think this is playback starts immediately and displays an error messaging saying something along the lines of "... If you are seeing this make sure that playon is installed."

However, if you playback these files in the V7 recording screen or TV Browser,
playback will not start immediately. Instead i get a spinning wheel for a second while it access the UPNPBrowser and then it switches to the "Online Videos" default "Content is buffering box" then playback will start.

I get the feeling this might not be an easy fix but I hope I'm wrong. I Hope this helps.

-Peter
Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, it looks like instead of TVE calling the Watch(Airing) command, it should instead just point to the "REM Start watching this airing" widget. That way any playback based mods would be able to work under it.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like instead of TVE calling the Watch(Airing) command, it should instead just point to the "REM Start watching this airing" widget. That way any playback based mods would be able to work under it.
Maybe it was because he is doing some dynamic playlist creation?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yup i was thinking the same thing... that i just need to link to the OSD in the right place... I'll look into it and adjust
Quote:
Maybe it was because he is doing some dynamic playlist creation?
That could complicate it a little bit but its probably not that hard to work around it. And the osd probably has methods to handle playlists so it might be a simple fix.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Quote:
Issue 22 added
So i just installed playon (on the server), the playon plugin (on the server and client), the playon hulu importer plugin (on the server). And I thought I didnt have any problem initiating playback in tve... then i tried to iniate playback with the play button...

Sooo...
What works:
-highlight an episode -> press options to bring up the episode options dialog -> press play
-map select on an episode to play (TVE Options -> Navigation -> Episode "Select/ok") -> press select on an episode

What does not work (currently):
-press play on an episode to bring up the play options dialog box, select play

Fix is in the next build...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to set TVE as the default when you hit Recordings on the remote?
Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Awesome, thanks!