SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does it work under 7.1.2 ?

I use the TVExplorer with v7.0 and I think I would suffer a very messy death if an upgrade to 7.1.2 was to kill that.

Anyone tested it?

Gog
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
I use the TVExplorer with v7.0 and I think I would suffer a very messy death if an upgrade to 7.1.2 was to kill that.

Anyone tested it?

Gog
installed on 7.1.2 here and haven't noticed any issues yet...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

quick version update... fixes a bug i introduced in 1.05.03

1.05.04 2/25/2011
-Fix bug introduced by the attempts to fix Issue #27 that prevented the tve options from being navigated with a remote
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

sneak peak?

Heres a rough outline of where tve is going... the screenshots are with the Diamond mod installed. I am trying to maintain compatiblity with the default too but my guess is it will look a bit weird without diamond installed... These are all very rough but you can get an idea...

anyway here they are let me know your thoughts, reactions, etc. The former left selection panel is know available through the options button and it uses the default slide out panel for its layout....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVE new layout 1 th.jpg (50.6 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg TVE new layout 1.jpg (170.0 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg TVE new layout 2.jpg (99.9 KB, 159 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Heres a rough outline of where tve is going... the screenshots are with the Diamond mod installed. I am trying to maintain compatiblity with the default too but my guess is it will look a bit weird without diamond installed... These are all very rough but you can get an idea...

anyway here they are let me know your thoughts, reactions, etc. The former left selection panel is know available through the options button and it uses the default slide out panel for its layout....
Looks good, but I'm a bit biased

Jeremy
Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 AM
SageTVaholic

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

I like it. Couple things.

1.) While I wouldn't put it so bluntly, I agree w/ fuzzy, very big empty space there.

2.) I personally am not too crazy about the options button. I actually hide it from users in my household. I have a universal remote and it resides on page 2 of the lcd screen. None of the plugins we use require it so it's not missed.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
1.) While I wouldn't put it so bluntly, I agree w/ fuzzy, very big empty space there.
Not trying to be blunt.. I just like any excuse to play with pbrush..

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

First, I don't mind the empty space. I only fill about 40% of my TVE screen (minus the cover art), anyhow. See attached.

Second, I'm noticing two significant changes... the removal of the left panel and the removal of the years. The other changes seem to be mostly cosmetic and are probably due to Diamond. I definitely like the removal of the years, since I never used that. I can also see the benefit of removing the left panel options, since it makes for a less cluttered appearance (even though its existence has never bothered me).

I'm assuming that the inclusion of just a single banner is simply due to this being a sneak peek, rather than being indicative of a move to only show banners for the selected group.

My initial impression was, "Not much has changed", which was immediately followed by, "If it isn't broken..." By that, I mean that the layout and design in v1 was effective, so not changing too much is probably a good thing and speaks to a good original design. Overall, I kinda like it.
Attached Images
File Type: png My TVE.png (188.7 KB, 156 views)
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
because i haven't done anything with the right side so much yet im thinking that space can be used for the episode description though.....

Quote:
2.) I personally am not too crazy about the options button. I actually hide it from users in my household. I have a universal remote and it resides on page 2 of the lcd screen. None of the plugins we use require it so it's not missed.
I'm open to other ideas for how/where to put it and access it... seeing it there and having it take up space always bothered me because it makes it more cluttered... so i want it hidden by default....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Second, I'm noticing two significant changes... the removal of the left panel and the removal of the years. The other changes seem to be mostly cosmetic and are probably due to Diamond. I definitely like the removal of the years, since I never used that.
by years im assuming you mean the episode filter within a show that was to the right of the episode table? That function will still exist but yes... it will be hidden from the main screen (because i never use it and it kinda annoys me )

Quote:
I can also see the benefit of removing the left panel options, since it makes for a less cluttered appearance (even though its existence has never bothered me).
yup

Quote:
I'm assuming that the inclusion of just a single banner is simply due to this being a sneak peek, rather than being indicative of a move to only show banners for the selected group.
actually no... that's done on purpose and was done primarily for a couple of reasons... to make it less cluttered, easier to see the fanart bg behind the panel, and to fit more groups in the left panel and still be able to see everything (notice the focused item is larger (taller) then the rest of the items as well... All things could (aren't yet but could) be options

Quote:
My initial impression was, "Not much has changed", which was immediately followed by, "If it isn't broken..." By that, I mean that the layout and design in v1 was effective, so not changing too much is probably a good thing and speaks to a good original design. Overall, I kinda like it.
my thoughts too also this is not (yet) a from the ground up rewrite (and it might not be) so thats why most of the changes are subtle.... keep the ideas coming... and as i have more progress I'll share more screenshots
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
because i haven't done anything with the right side so much yet im thinking that space can be used for the episode description though.....
I think this is the main reason I've never been a fan of full-screen fanart. It works in something with limited info, like a coverflow type view, but on something like malore or tve, where the idea is to display a decent amount of information, it ends up just adding too much 'background noise' to the screen. Personally, I think I'd be happier with TVE if the 'background' was scaled down and took up just the empty space in the top right (getting rid of the poster), and made the left and bottom right lists into some sort of panes/panels. That said, I haven't actually USED tve since i added banners to the malore screen.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage User

Problem after last Phoenix update

First of all let me say I love this plug-in. Since the last Phoenix core update about 2 days ago, I am unable to select a recorded show on the recordings menu page. Everything looks normal ( like it always has) until I go to the right side of the screen to highlight a episode of the program. As soon as the episode is highlighted, the background fanart changes to a new picture and overlays it over the episodes selections so it is blank. I have very few plugins installed, so I just disabled each one at a time to see if it is a conflict with TVE. I have to disable TVE to get the selections to stay on the screen. Help...
HDHR, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
First of all let me say I love this plug-in. Since the last Phoenix core update about 2 days ago, I am unable to select a recorded show on the recordings menu page. Everything looks normal ( like it always has) until I go to the right side of the screen to highlight a episode of the program. As soon as the episode is highlighted, the background fanart changes to a new picture and overlays it over the episodes selections so it is blank. I have very few plugins installed, so I just disabled each one at a time to see if it is a conflict with TVE. I have to disable TVE to get the selections to stay on the screen. Help...
I haven't updated my phoenix yet so unfortunately I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. I will probably not get a chance to check it out until tuesday or wednesday nite though Can you post a screenshot though so i can see whats going on?

Anybody else upgrade to the latest and greatest phoenix core (bmt web) this past weekend? How is tve working for you guys?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I just performed all updates last night on both server and client, immediately before sitting down with the wife to watch some TV. We got through about 4 shows without any problems at all.

EDIT: One correction.. I'm not running the 7.1.2 SageTV beta.

Last edited by Skirge01; 02-28-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just performed all updates last night on both server and client, immediately before sitting down with the wife to watch some TV. We got through about 4 shows without any problems at all.
that's good to know, thanks for the feedback

Hornet - Did you upgrade both the server and client? I could see if the phoenix versions were different between server and client that that might cause an issue... normally i would think it wouldn't but stuckless has been doing some restructuring of the api lately so it could be....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

My pleasure. razr... just want to ensure you saw my edit. I forgot about that when I first responded. If I have time, I'll check out the beta tonight, too.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My pleasure. razr... just want to ensure you saw my edit. I forgot about that when I first responded. If I have time, I'll check out the beta tonight, too.
i did not see your edit... but im running 7.1.2 (but the older phoenix) and dont have any issues... Maybe I'll be dangerous and do some remote upgrades to my system to see what happens.... I'm not going to be home tonight though so I'm a little reluctant to try...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'll save you the headache.

I upgraded last night, 7.1.2 beta and latest Phoenix core update. I then sat down to check to make sure nothing broke and watched a TV show.

No issue found w/ TV explorer.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Sage User

It's in my mouse razr. After reading the last few post about the client, I tried that and it still works fine. I work at my computer most of the day so all of my navigation is with the mouse. I found the remote control that came with my HP computer and tried it. It worked fine. So I guess there is some conflict with my mouse driver and the new updates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen1.jpg (235.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Screen2.jpg (222.3 KB, 126 views)
HDHR, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'll save you the headache.

I upgraded last night, 7.1.2 beta and latest Phoenix core update. I then sat down to check to make sure nothing broke and watched a TV show.

No issue found w/ TV explorer.
thanks for saving me the trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
It's in my mouse razr. After reading the last few post about the client, I tried that and it still works fine. I work at my computer most of the day so all of my navigation is with the mouse. I found the remote control that came with my HP computer and tried it. It worked fine. So I guess there is some conflict with my mouse driver and the new updates.
TVE does not support mouse navigation so that is the issue. It kinda works but like you've found navigation can be wonky sometimes.... Actually, it surprises me that it ever worked with a mouse. You can use the keyboard for navigation though without a remote (this is what i do on my development client). Brent at geektonic made a nice keyboard navigation cheatsheet that I reference when i forget a particular keystroke .
Check out TVExplorer