SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

My biggest issue with Harmony (among many) is the paltry 90 day tech support after purchase.

Bought a Sony BD HTIB to replace an older 5disc DVD model that went flaky. Everything went great with the remote programming UNTIL I discovered that Sony changed the way the HTIB changes inputs. They no longer have direct codes for each input. You have to cycle through the list. Ok, no problem, the remote knows to do that. There's a catch... The first time the input code is sent the HTIB just pulls up the source list overlay. IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE SOURCE until the code is sent again (within a few seconds).

The remote DOESN'T know how to do this. Whoever coded the Logitech database missed it. I exchanged about a dozen emails with Logitech describing in detail what I found, tried as a workaround, and explaining how the error was with THEIR software. I hit a brick wall. Unless I decide to cough up some $$$ for next-tier support, I have to live with the source input being one step behind when I switch to another.
(sorry for the OT rant)
epicfail Logitech.

I do like the remotes. Have 3 of them. When they start failing completely (motion sensors going flaky now) I'll have to find an alternative. Maybe URC or something else will be a viable option by then.

Edit: +1mil for Expert Mode on the Harmony series.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.