SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Sage User

Bug -- Browse by Category

BUG report -- Browse by Category problem.

Versions with issue:
SageTV v2.0.20,
MlbDude_1_0a.zip,
MalDude2_1_8_5.zip

Commands with issue:
LiveTV Guide(a.k.a. Program Guide) / Browse by Category
AND
Schedule Recordings / Seach for Programs / Browse by Category

On a Browse by Category page, with each screen displaying 5 Categories and 5 Shows (the default in MalDude's), shows 1-5 of any category work fine. However, as of the second screen in a category, there is a problem. The shows are listed (e.g. shows 6 through 10), and the highlighting of individual shows works correctly with mouse, keyboard or remote. However, the displayed details of the show remain those of the last show listed on the page (e.g., of #10 when showing 6 to 10). Further, if I select a show other than #10 (on the 6-10 page), the next screen shows the details, record, etc of #10. Similarly, I'm selecting out of 11-15, then it shows #15.

The problems occur in MlbDude_1_0a.zip and in MalDude2_1_8_5.zip. Note that the problem is in the "Browse by Category" function. The "Browse by Station" works fine.

The problem also shows in the vanilla SageTV v2.0.20, if you set "enable_mlbdude_browse_by_category=true". Maybe that's why is shows in the other STV's too.

Second issue (design, not bug, probably)
MlbDude2.stv and MalDude.stv -- Even if the Detailed Setup / General /Show Mouse Icons = Enabled, they mouse icons to scroll the time are not shown on the Program Guide. The Date scroll section is missing in both of these. I normally work with a mouse, not a keyboard or remote control, so I use these.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Administrator

That's a known problem with those 2-column views. You can set up some of malore's custom menus to essentially mimic a browse by category or station style.

I don't remember why mlbdude removed those mouse icons frmo the LiveTV Guide screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey, Andy -

Since you were so good at instantly pointing out where I need to go to fix a UI problem, you have become my reference guide. Aren't you happy! Of course, others are free to answer this too, if'n you feel the mood strike. Aren't you happy too!

Anyway, when looking at the recorded programs, I have them grouped by title and sorted by date. The way it ends up, I have the show's name in the left column, and 8 rows of episodes listed on the right, listing the show name and episode title.

My question is, can I get the text blurbs in the individual episodes to omit the show name, and only show the episode title? My screen res doesn't allow for much text, so I end up seeing the show name once on the left, and 8 more times on the right. I have to select each episode individually to get a description in the top pane.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
R
Old 07-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Off the top of my head, I don't believe there is a configuration option to change how that is displayed.

- Andy

P.S. If anyone posts a question directed to me & doesn't get a reply... it is because I am out for the weekend. I definitely may or may not be checking messages.
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 07-16-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
P.S. If anyone posts a question directed to me & doesn't get a reply... it is because I am out for the weekend. I may or may not be checking messages.
What??? I don't think we gave you permission to take a vacation!!!
Have fun!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh, mannnnn - you mean I have to actually do some RESEARCH now?

(sulk)

Kidding, of course. Thanks for the quick reply - have a great weekend!

R
Old 07-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rrussell
Anyway, when looking at the recorded programs, I have them grouped by title and sorted by date. The way it ends up, I have the show's name in the left column, and 8 rows of episodes listed on the right, listing the show name and episode title.

My question is, can I get the text blurbs in the individual episodes to omit the show name, and only show the episode title?
I hadn't noticed that before. The episode list works the way you want for all the sortings except by date. I'll fix this in my next release, then it will be up to Opus if he has the time or inclination to update MalDude.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Funky.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2004, 02:01 AM
SageTVaholic

can we get an update soon
I want commercial skip but without the overkill of malore
(sorry malore)
Old 08-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Me too....
Old 08-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
can we get an update soon
I want commercial skip but without the overkill of malore
Um... if you thought his was overkill, isn't mine even _more_ overkill??

I had wanted to do a remerge a week ago to get all the latest features, but I've just been too busy to do any Studio work.

- Andy
Old 08-02-2004, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I will find out once you add commercial skip unless mlbdude bets you to it

but I doubt that with his new STV project for some company
Old 08-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Sage Expert

Opus4 - I must say, I have become addicted to your STV file. So much so that I don't think even CA can drag me away. Since it is seeming more and more likely that Studio will never make it public, those without depend on you Thanks for your hard work.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Administrator

If it is any consolation to you... when I don't have time for any work in Studio, I don't get the latest stuff in my own STV either.

- Andy
Old 08-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Sage User

Great addition

I'm kind of a newbie, but think this is a great replacement for the original menu... I have two observations, tho, and they may just be limited to my configuration setup...

1: I get a blank video window - with sound - on the main menu. The Program Guide menus all have live video in the window, as do the menus in Malore Custom Menus.

2: What happened to the original media player in the Video Import Library? I'm able to pause this player, but it won't start again when I repeatedly click on the pause icon. It advances one frame per click, but never starts playing again. I have to close the file and re-open it again to get it to play.

Is anybody else noticing these litrle glitches?

One thing that would be great is if someone could incorporate more video features in a future update. I have a ton of videos, and it seems as though the area (not only in SageTV, but also in myHTPC and BeyondTV) tends to get overlooked. As an example, opening menus with .jpg files besides just text... (and I know one of the earlier custom releases gave instructions on how to do it, but I couldn't get the feature to work). Something similar to the Itunes layout would be ideal.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
2: What happened to the original media player in the Video Import Library? I'm able to pause this player, but it won't start again when I repeatedly click on the pause icon. It advances one frame per click, but never starts playing again. I have to close the file and re-open it again to get it to play.
What happens if you hit the Play button?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Sage User

There is no play button once it's set to pause... just the pause icon ( ll ). I'm unable to start it playing again when I click on it, it just advances one frame at a time.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Administrator

BTW: you are still using the original OSD from your description, rather than mlbdude's enhanced OSD.

You paused by clicking on the icon next to the current playback time, right? Look to the right & click on the Play icon between the REW and FF icons.

I don't know why the video window on the main menu isn't showing correctly -- I tried that too & it played video & sound on the main menu, in the upper right window. I don't know why it would display on other menus, but not the main menu.

- Andy
Old 08-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Sage User

Opus: you're right... went into mlbdude's osd and enhanced it in detailled settings.

Now I don't have any icons at all on the video controls... just a green line with an arrow. I'm able to click on a point in the green line to advance or go back in the video, but no pause, play, rew or ff icons at all... I have beginning and end times on both ends of the green status line, with an arrow in the middle. but that's it.

Any idea what's going on?
Old 08-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Administrator

I didn't mean that you had to turn on the mlbdude enhanced OSD -- all those buttons were on the original OSD too, or should be. But, I just figured out what is going on. At some point, I think you turned off the mouse icons, since I believe those are on by default. Go to Detailed Setup -> General, and enable "Show Mouse Icons".

- Andy