SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Has anything come from this? I tried out the latest installer for Windows yesterday and it appears everything still has the v7 branding.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

This was basically left with me... and as I mentioned, I had a friend that teaches visual design at the local college, and he was going to get his class to do some design work.

That was fine, until he had to be rushed to the hospital for a heart by-pass surgury He's been out of commission since then, and he's returning to work, part time, as of January, but we are thinking he won't be doing projects until probably the fall. If something else happens before then, then great, if not, I'll see if I can't get him to do this project for his fall semester.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This was basically left with me... and as I mentioned, I had a friend that teaches visual design at the local college, and he was going to get his class to do some design work.

That was fine, until he had to be rushed to the hospital for a heart by-pass surgury He's been out of commission since then, and he's returning to work, part time, as of January, but we are thinking he won't be doing projects until probably the fall. If something else happens before then, then great, if not, I'll see if I can't get him to do this project for his fall semester.
Stuckless, sorry to hear that. Hopefully, he is on the mend. Perhaps an interim solution with the same (or similar) logo and an indication of v9 on the splash screen would be nice. I could see some people getting confused with the v7 splash. Like this
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1440532340
I think it is more than just an aesthetic thing at this point. The v7 on the splash screen is a little confusing. My 2 cents. I am not sure if others like this or not and if so how to implement it in the code. I would need help here.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Stuckless, sorry to hear that. Hopefully, he is on the mend. Perhaps an interim solution with the same (or similar) logo and an indication of v9 on the splash screen would be nice. I could see some people getting confused with the v7 splash. Like this
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1440532340
I think it is more than just an aesthetic thing at this point. The v7 on the splash screen is a little confusing. My 2 cents. I am not sure if others like this or not and if so how to implement it in the code. I would need help here.
Jusjoken asked if I could submit some modified screen that show 9 instead of 7. That is done, just waiting for the pull request to be accepted and then I'll rebuild stuff once that is done.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Jusjoken asked if I could submit some modified screen that show 9 instead of 7. That is done, just waiting for the pull request to be accepted and then I'll rebuild stuff once that is done.
Sounds good, thanks!