SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
In my new SageTV V9 install I have the "SageTV MPEG Decoder" listed in the "Video\Audio=> MPEG2 Decoder" field. When I go to look at the alternatives, I notice that the "SageTV MPEG Video Decoder" is not listed and there is no "default" set (Radio button ON). The SageTV MPEG Video Decoder also not listed when I choose List All.

I am not clear what this means. The only other option is the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder".

I assume this mean that the decoder is not installed?

This is a new Windows 7 64-bit Pro install.

Reading post 1 more carefully
  • If you wish to retain Closed Captioning or MPEG2 decoders from your V7 install, please install V9 on top of a V7 install.
This was not feasible for a number of reasons, but the box still exists. Can I export anything from here? I also am interested in getting Close Caption working.

Not really smart enough to know what or why to use one decoder or render over another.

EDIT: Also notice the same situation for the "SageTV MPEG Audio Decoder", not listed and no default set.
Not really. The install process is complex and that is why the installer will try to detect the v7 install in the same folder and then trigger a process to retain and register it.

k
Old 08-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Just use the Microsoft one or LAVFilters (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases). The SageTV one isn't required.
I understand the Sage one is not required. My point is I have been going along for almost 2 weeks now thinking it was installed and working. I am trying to highlight that this may be incorrect, determine what is really in use and offer feedback for the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Not really. The install process is complex and that is why the installer will try to detect the v7 install in the same folder and then trigger a process to retain and register it.

k
Sorry, I do not understand "not really".

I appreciate that this is complex, but again does not appear to be handling the results correctly. While I misinterpreted the comments in post 1, seeing the system indicate that the SageMPEG Video and Audio Decoder values in config led me to believe these are in use.

I think that now that the EPG is totally dead, that new installs will be come the most prevalent install. My "Move to a new box install" has been problematic. After 7 years I have forgot a lot, and never thought to research moving drives or setting UNC paths. Less important, but frustrating is this codec issue. I think Windows 7 deserves a note clarifying that it uses the MS defaults instead of SagetV MPEG, assuming this is correct.

My goal is to help make the install process better for what hopefully is an influx of new users.

Indirectly related, is how does the choice of decoder impacts Close Captioning, which I do not seem to be able to get working?
SD HDHR3-CC w/ RCN Cable FW:20161116
SD HDHR-US (OTA) FW:20150615
Firestick-Lite with Android Mini-Client
Old 08-06-2017, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
I understand the Sage one is not required. My point is I have been going along for almost 2 weeks now thinking it was installed and working. I am trying to highlight that this may be incorrect, determine what is really in use and offer feedback for the next version.

Sorry, I do not understand "not really".

I appreciate that this is complex, but again does not appear to be handling the results correctly. While I misinterpreted the comments in post 1, seeing the system indicate that the SageMPEG Video and Audio Decoder values in config led me to believe these are in use.

I think that now that the EPG is totally dead, that new installs will be come the most prevalent install. My "Move to a new box install" has been problematic. After 7 years I have forgot a lot, and never thought to research moving drives or setting UNC paths. Less important, but frustrating is this codec issue. I think Windows 7 deserves a note clarifying that it uses the MS defaults instead of SagetV MPEG, assuming this is correct.

My goal is to help make the install process better for what hopefully is an influx of new users.

Indirectly related, is how does the choice of decoder impacts Close Captioning, which I do not seem to be able to get working?
It was a response to your question if you could export something from your v7 box...the answer is not really. Technically you can, but its complex and it would be better for your to install v7 and then v9 on top.

k
Old 08-10-2017, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

9.1.6 for windows available

New version posted to bintray
Old 08-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks for posting this.

Where are the Release Notes (or CHANGELOG.md) posted ? I don't see them on bintray.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
Where are the Release Notes (or CHANGELOG.md) posted ? I don't see them on bintray.
https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo...r/CHANGELOG.md

John
Old 08-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Admittedly, as a developer/contributor, I can find the changelog in GitHub.

@jusjoken:
For the majority of "regular" users, it might make their life easier if the link given above was also on both the bintray download page and the first post in this thread.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
Admittedly, as a developer/contributor, I can find the changelog in GitHub.

@jusjoken:
For the majority of "regular" users, it might make their life easier if the link given above was also on both the bintray download page and the first post in this thread.
There is already a link in the first post in this thread.

As for bintray, i have the build and upload automated and have not found a way to have the automation add a link.

k
Old 08-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Sage Expert

My mistake... I confused this with OpenDCT's release notes on bintray. Not sure how I missed the (obvious) link to the changelog in your first post. I'll blame it on too much multi-tasking here.

Thanks again for all the effort you've been putting into Sage.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi, sorry, I'm daft - what's the installation process again for updates? I'm currently running 9.0.12.423
Anyone?

EDIT: finally found the directions. Thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 08-16-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I'm having a bit of an odd issue. I am trying to update from 9.0.13.536 to the latest release and I ran the windows installer and made sure to run the repair install so that everything gets installed correctly and then I started SageTV up and... it's still on the same version number... what gives? is there an installer log? I took a look at the filesystem and the jar file still has a january date on it!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
So I'm having a bit of an odd issue. I am trying to update from 9.0.13.536 to the latest release and I ran the windows installer and made sure to run the repair install so that everything gets installed correctly and then I started SageTV up and... it's still on the same version number... what gives? is there an installer log? I took a look at the filesystem and the jar file still has a january date on it!
Did you install it to the proper place? If your previous install wasn't in the standard place, the installer will not find it. There's an options button on the first screen to change if needed.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
trying to update to latest sagetv from 9.1.5 and the installer is stalling at about 50%
Old 08-28-2017, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
trying to update to latest sagetv from 9.1.5 and the installer is stalling at about 50%
That's not much to go on....is there an error? Is anything displayed. What part of the process is it hung on? Did you eventually kill it?

If the installer fails it reports an error log....can you post that.

k
Old 08-29-2017, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Did you install it to the proper place? If your previous install wasn't in the standard place, the installer will not find it. There's an options button on the first screen to change if needed.
Yep, installed in the standard location, assuming it's program files (x86) blah blah. It seemed to find the right place because after running it the first time it would run: it got a java error and I remembered to run it again, then it was working again but... seemingly with the old version. Rerunning the installer just gives me repair/uninstall as options and still does not seem to change anything.

Last edited by DarkWolf77; 08-29-2017 at 06:22 AM. Reason: dear lord my grammar...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, installed in the standard location, assuming it's program files (x86) blah blah. It seemed to find the right place because after running it the first time it would run: it got a java error and I remembered to run it again, then it was working again but... seemingly with the old version. Rerunning the installer just gives me repair/uninstall as options and still does not seem to change anything.
Where are you seeing the version number?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-29-2017, 11:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Where are you seeing the version number?
Under system information - and the jar has a last modified timestamp from January.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I assumed you selected 'repair' on the rerun?
Old 08-30-2017, 05:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I assumed you selected 'repair' on the rerun?
Yep. Selected repair, let it run, had everything shut down while it ran, did a reboot... still the same version.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep. Selected repair, let it run, had everything shut down while it ran, did a reboot... still the same version.
I would search the drive for another install of sage as it sounds like you are still launching the old version and the installer has placed the install elsewhere.

k