SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Sage

I saw those errors in the log...it has something to do with extracting EPG data from the TV signal...which doesn't matter if you're using another EPG source (and I'm assuming you probably are).

I'm not sure about the .frq file problem...but you should just be able to copy/rename the files yourself to work around it.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
If you want to dig into the vfs xml format, you can probably make a more complex view for what you want. It allows more control over adding files that meet this filter, then adding files that meet filter, then removing ones that meet this one, etc.
Hi Fuzzy,

Any pointers on this, as its starting to become a pain now. or is they a better way to deal with our kids tv?

Thanks
Paul
Old 10-15-2016, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
Hi Fuzzy,

Any pointers on this, as its starting to become a pain now. or is they a better way to deal with our kids tv?

Thanks
Paul
I'd have to know what you actually wanted displayed/excluded.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-16-2016, 02:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

What I would like is 2 views in recorded tv

one to show all recordings (-children/kids tv) sorted newest first with no grouping
second one to show only children/kids tv with grouping
Old 10-16-2016, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

I mean with the advanced filtering. You seemed to have a problem with how it is done currently. You should already be able to build a view from TV Shows (all), filtered by genre 'children'.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

ah if they was an advanced filtering,

green tick "show"
red tick "don't show"
orange tick "only show if the category has a green tick"

IE
green tick to comedy and animated
red cross to children (so anything in with that category is not shown even if it includes comedy)
would show futurama

green tick to children
orange tick to animated (so the category has to contain children)
would show hey duggee
Old 10-28-2016, 07:59 AM

On a new install, debian (jessie), after following the linux how-to v2 guide (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62985), I'm unable to connect to schedules direct. The rest of the application loads correctly. But when I use a client and try to setup guide data - I receive the following error:
"There was a problem communicating with the Schedules Direct server."
I can ping schedulesdirect.org from my server.

I'm not even prompted for my SD login credentials. As soon as I click "Use Schedules Direct...", it shows the above error. I've also tried installed the plugin for SD, but it shows as incompatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Server info:
SageTV 9.0.9
Debian Jessie 64 bit

Client info:
latest SageTV client, Windows 10 64bit
Old 10-30-2016, 11:41 PM
Sage User

Schedules Direct Password Not Accepted

Hi, everyone.
I've been lurking in the forums for over a year and installed SageTV today on my Windows 10 computer. I'm a first time SageTV user.
I went though the install and when I went to input my Schedules Direct password, it wasn't accepted and kept saying it was invalid. I went and logged in to Schedules Direct's website and the same password worked.
The only thing I could think of is that maybe the setup wizard expected an uppercase password? I used the keyboard to type in my password. And then I clicked on the onscreen password and noticed it was only uppercase.
UPDATE:
So I found the screen where I setup the Source. It looks like the password screen doesn't accept exactly what you type. I have a zero in my password and when you type zero, I think it's putting a space in there. Might be nice if it didn't obscure the password with asterisks.

Last edited by wayloncovil; 10-30-2016 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Correction.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayloncovil View Post
Hi, everyone.
I've been lurking in the forums for over a year and installed SageTV today on my Windows 10 computer. I'm a first time SageTV user.
I went though the install and when I went to input my Schedules Direct password, it wasn't accepted and kept saying it was invalid. I went and logged in to Schedules Direct's website and the same password worked.
The only thing I could think of is that maybe the setup wizard expected an uppercase password? I used the keyboard to type in my password. And then I clicked on the onscreen password and noticed it was only uppercase.
UPDATE:
So I found the screen where I setup the Source. It looks like the password screen doesn't accept exactly what you type. I have a zero in my password and when you type zero, I think it's putting a space in there. Might be nice if it didn't obscure the password with asterisks.
It does accept what you typed, but your not typing what you think you are typing and it is difficult to know what you have typed because IT IS a password field and it is obscured.

The input is similar to a telephone keypad (in order to input from say a TV remote). It seems numeric input cause the most difficulty (1st press A, 2nd press B, 3rd press C, 4th press 2)

A work around is to shut down SageTV, and if your using the service shut it down as well.
Edit the sage.properties file for the SDEPG Password (I think you can do a search/find for SDEPG and eventually you will find it) then enter your password and save the file.
restart SageTV and it should work now.

My apologies, I am at work and I don't remember the actual line to edit in the sage.properties file. Someone may know and offer it up in another post. It may also be found in a previous post in this thread (maybe?).

Another option is to go to Schedules Direct and change your password to something that doesn't have numerals it. Then retry entering it in SageTV.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage Expert

Not sure what client you are using but seems as though you may need to change the numeric text input mode so that you can enter the correct password?

http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_Manual.pdf see page 29 of the manual
Old 11-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure if this is related to the new integrated SD guide or not, but I have some channels showing No Data.

I have one listing defined for Frontier Fios, that is used by both an HDPVR and an HDHomerun Prime (just using 1 tuner of 3 on the Prime). Since Frontier just flipped the DRM bit on most channels last week, I disabled those channels for the Prime tuner and enabled them for the HDPVR source. The HDPVR is a network tuner, if it matters.

I believe that the data was showing for all the channels previously, but I could be wrong. All channels are mapped to one or the other tuner (not both), and the issue affects channels mapped to both tuners.

How do you troubleshoot this problem?
Old 11-02-2016, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
I'm not sure if this is related to the new integrated SD guide or not, but I have some channels showing No Data.

I have one listing defined for Frontier Fios, that is used by both an HDPVR and an HDHomerun Prime (just using 1 tuner of 3 on the Prime). Since Frontier just flipped the DRM bit on most channels last week, I disabled those channels for the Prime tuner and enabled them for the HDPVR source. The HDPVR is a network tuner, if it matters.

I believe that the data was showing for all the channels previously, but I could be wrong. All channels are mapped to one or the other tuner (not both), and the issue affects channels mapped to both tuners.

How do you troubleshoot this problem?
That's normal if you just re-enabled those channels. Only channels that are actually being displayed or are present in a copied lineup will be updated, so it will take probably about 30 minutes for the new guide data to download. If that doesn't happen, the other possibility is SageTV already purged the airings for those stations and when you re-enabled them in the copied lineup, the grabber doesn't have any way to know that just happened because the schedule for the channel on the SD side of things didn't change. I believe this same situation is possible in WarlockRipper too.

Anyhow, after that long discussion, what you are interested in doing is deleting sdmd5sched from the SageTV folder. Then just disable and re-enable any of those channels. The data should show up in 30 minutes or less.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-18-2016, 09:48 PM

Can't authenticate with SchedulesDirect

First I am completely new to SageTV so 1) I may not know what I'm doing and 2) I have no option to use the standard EPG--it has to be SD. I am running the server on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 server and the client is an new (as in bought for the purpose) Andriod 6.something TV box with the client SW installed from the playstore.
I originally installed 9.0.4.287, opendct, java, etc. using SageWisdom's install script, but I could not get the SD plugin to work (incedentally, I was at one time trying to set it up using the guide from the wiki for this builtin--would it be possible to have ONE wiki for everything 9x related?). Since I couldn't get it to work and it it would require learning to write filters to get rid of superflous entries (and I had already done that on SD website when I was following the wrong guide), I decided to skip ahead to this.
I uninstalled 9.0.4 using dpkg -r (apt-get remove, suggested elsewhere didn't work because it wasn't installed with apt), renamed the /opt/sagetv/server directory, downloaded 9.0.9.441 and installed with dpkg. During the install, it hung starting up after restarting the deamon after post installation configuration phase. I backgrounded the install and tried shutting it down with "service sagetv stop' without sucess. I eventually had to use "kill -9" after less severe signals wouldn't work, so I know it's not listening. I have tried reinstalling both 9.0.9.441 and 9.0.8.429 several times and it always does this. After learning more than I care to know about dpkg and debconf, I have determined that the problem is not there (i suspected that it might be a problem with epg license key, but that is properly set). The only other abnormality is that I have is that I each of my HDHomeRun HDHR3 devices showing up twice; once as "HDHomeRun <MAC> Tuner <Tuner#>" and once as "HDHomeRun <model> Tuner <MAC>-<Tuner#> on <Server- lsIP-addr>:<prot>" I amd assuming this has something to do with the previous 9.04 install, but I doubt is relevant here since I never get past the SD login failure.
About which: I am entering the correct credentials (I have verified by loging in with same on SD website). I am using a USB keyboard connected to the android box, although I have tried the android keyboard as well (inserts extra characters when entering numbers). The login credentials are saved to sdauth each time I reenter (ctime updates) and the username is correct (I can't verify the password because it is encrypted). From the debug log, I know it's talking to the SD servers.

Here is the relevant section of sagetv_0.txt, with the corosponding output of sd_epg.log below:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/att...1&d=1479501974

Here is the epg related values in Sage.properties (grep -i epg):

Anything else I can supply. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt errorSummary.txt (4.6 KB, 471 views)
File Type: txt epgProperties.txt (522 Bytes, 478 views)
Old 11-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowindlhep View Post
First I am completely new to SageTV so 1) I may not know what I'm doing and 2) I have no option to use the standard EPG--it has to be SD. I am running the server on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 server and the client is an new (as in bought for the purpose) Andriod 6.something TV box with the client SW installed from the playstore.
I originally installed 9.0.4.287, opendct, java, etc. using SageWisdom's install script, but I could not get the SD plugin to work (incedentally, I was at one time trying to set it up using the guide from the wiki for this builtin--would it be possible to have ONE wiki for everything 9x related?). Since I couldn't get it to work and it it would require learning to write filters to get rid of superflous entries (and I had already done that on SD website when I was following the wrong guide), I decided to skip ahead to this.
I uninstalled 9.0.4 using dpkg -r (apt-get remove, suggested elsewhere didn't work because it wasn't installed with apt), renamed the /opt/sagetv/server directory, downloaded 9.0.9.441 and installed with dpkg. During the install, it hung starting up after restarting the deamon after post installation configuration phase. I backgrounded the install and tried shutting it down with "service sagetv stop' without sucess. I eventually had to use "kill -9" after less severe signals wouldn't work, so I know it's not listening. I have tried reinstalling both 9.0.9.441 and 9.0.8.429 several times and it always does this. After learning more than I care to know about dpkg and debconf, I have determined that the problem is not there (i suspected that it might be a problem with epg license key, but that is properly set). The only other abnormality is that I have is that I each of my HDHomeRun HDHR3 devices showing up twice; once as "HDHomeRun <MAC> Tuner <Tuner#>" and once as "HDHomeRun <model> Tuner <MAC>-<Tuner#> on <Server- lsIP-addr>:<prot>" I amd assuming this has something to do with the previous 9.04 install, but I doubt is relevant here since I never get past the SD login failure.
About which: I am entering the correct credentials (I have verified by loging in with same on SD website). I am using a USB keyboard connected to the android box, although I have tried the android keyboard as well (inserts extra characters when entering numbers). The login credentials are saved to sdauth each time I reenter (ctime updates) and the username is correct (I can't verify the password because it is encrypted). From the debug log, I know it's talking to the SD servers.

Here is the relevant section of sagetv_0.txt, with the corosponding output of sd_epg.log below:

Here is the epg related values in Sage.properties (grep -i epg):

Anything else I can supply. Thanks in advance.
Do you have numbers in your password? If so, you may not be entering the password that you think you are typing - Sage is probably set to use the old numeric texting style (pressing the 2 key once gives A, twice gives B, three times gives C and 4 times gives 2). This may be useful for people who use a remote and don't have a keyboard connected, but really doesn't work well when they obfuscate the text with stars.

There have been a lot of posts from people having problems with this.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 11-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I missed something, but when I switched to schedules direct for a guide for a test, none of my team favorites worked. I'm curious if I need to adjust my favorite. When I switched back to the original sage guide they worked fine.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I missed something, but when I switched to schedules direct for a guide for a test, none of my team favorites worked. I'm curious if I need to adjust my favorite. When I switched back to the original sage guide they worked fine.
I'm not familiar with this type of Favorite. How are you going about scheduling these favorites?

Edit: I think I see how you're scheduling that kind of recording. I can say that I don't see Schedules Direct providing teams as people, so WarlockRipper must be massaging the data to include them as such. This isn't hard to "fix." I'll submit a pull later today to fix this.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 11-19-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:29 PM

Re: Can't authenticate with SchedulesDirect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Do you have numbers in your password? If so, you may not be entering the password that you think you are typing - Sage is probably set to use the old numeric texting style (pressing the 2 key once gives A, twice gives B, three times gives C and 4 times gives 2). This may be useful for people who use a remote and don't have a keyboard connected, but really doesn't work well when they obfuscate the text with stars.

There have been a lot of posts from people having problems with this.
I do have numbers in the password, but I am using a USB keyboard, not the onscreen android one or the numeric keypad that also shows. When I have tried it in other apps where I can see the output it shows numbers, so I am asuming that it is doing the same in the sagetv front end--or is this wrong?
Unfotunately I can't try changing the password right now, maybe in an hour or so.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowindlhep View Post
I do have numbers in the password, but I am using a USB keyboard, not the onscreen android one or the numeric keypad that also shows. When I have tried it in other apps where I can see the output it shows numbers, so I am asuming that it is doing the same in the sagetv front end--or is this wrong?
Unfotunately I can't try changing the password right now, maybe in an hour or so.
No, sage, when it receives a number key, doesn't care whether that number key is from a keyboard or a remote, the even in sage is the same, so it still goes through the phone dialing method of entry, so to enter a 0, you have to press 0 twice (first is a space, second is a 0). Most other keys require 3 or 4 presses.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I'm not familiar with this type of Favorite. How are you going about scheduling these favorites?

Edit: I think I see how you're scheduling that kind of recording. I can say that I don't see Schedules Direct providing teams as people, so WarlockRipper must be massaging the data to include them as such. This isn't hard to "fix." I'll submit a pull later today to fix this.
The Schedules Direct feed does submit the team data; details are fuzzy but review my sdepg code to see how I handled it. It definitely worked, I was a big user of team favourites.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is a screen capture of how I added team favorites and from web view of a similar favorite. Not sure if this helps, back to watching 2 football games at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post

Attached Images
File Type: jpg favorites.jpg (156.9 KB, 343 views)
File Type: jpg webview.jpg (135.1 KB, 360 views)