SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Excellent news. Did it take any core changes to get it to use the server side aspect controls, or was it still passing them them to the client that way as well as the client-side options?
The sagetv miniclient protocols supports a client sending the server a list of supported aspect ratio modes... these are just names. Then when AR_TOGGLE is sent, sagetv will get the next "name" in the list and notify the client to use that AR mode. It's up the to the client to actually know what to do with that mode when it gets the request. So, I've implemented this.

SageTV also have a couple "built-in" server side modes, but these are not really to be used with the MiniClient. With a small change to sagetv core, I could use them, so I'm talking with Jeff to see what he thinks.

I think I'll likely use both, and add a configuration option to choose between client and server aspect modes.