SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Sweet! Thank you, Josh!
Old 09-22-2018, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Sweet! Thank you, Josh!
Josh has done a number of fixes... I haven't had time to push out an update. I'll see about getting that done this weekend (I'm finally done travelling for a bit).
Old 09-23-2018, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

v1.3.1

Fyi... I updated the MiniClient to v1.3.1. It should be in the play store shortly.

**1.3.1 (2018-09-23)**
- jvl711: Add support for SageTV server to signal Subtitle track changes.
- jvl711: Added audio track change support to ExoPlayer.
- jvl711: Added the ability to switch audio tracks.
- jvl711: Allowed unmapped keys to allow system actions to occur.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Did the volume thingy make it in?
Old 09-23-2018, 09:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just updated the miniclient on the Nividia Shield (2015 version) and it crashes when I try to watch the Sunday night football game (NBC) - exits back to the main menu - anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-24-2018, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes, crash here, too as soon as I try to hit "watch now."
Old 09-24-2018, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I see a number of crash reports (thanks). It appears to be a bug in the ExoPlayer implementation for changing/selecting audio tracks. Hopefully we can fix this and publish a new release tonight or tomorrow. Meanwhile, you can see if you experience the same problems with the IJKPlayer. Android unfortunately doesn't let me "roll back" a release (not form what I can tell).
Old 09-24-2018, 07:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I see a number of crash reports (thanks). It appears to be a bug in the ExoPlayer implementation for changing/selecting audio tracks. Hopefully we can fix this and publish a new release tonight or tomorrow. Meanwhile, you can see if you experience the same problems with the IJKPlayer. Android unfortunately doesn't let me "roll back" a release (not form what I can tell).
Sorry guys! I will take a look tonight and try and figure it out. I use IJKPlayer primarily, and might have missed a scenario in my testing. Seems like possibly when there is only one audio track.

Josh
Old 09-24-2018, 05:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

De-selecting EXO player / using IJK player works - thanks for working on this!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Did the volume thingy make it in?
I think so
Old 09-24-2018, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Sorry guys! I will take a look tonight and try and figure it out. I use IJKPlayer primarily, and might have missed a scenario in my testing. Seems like possibly when there is only one audio track.

Josh
Josh Fixed the bug (trapped it at least), and I just pushed out v1.3.2. It should start rolling out fairly soon.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Version 1.3.1 changes

Just wanted to add some details to the changes. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks Stuckless for putting out the releases!

1. Changing audio tracks should work now. Sage will tell the Android client which audio track to playback. The android client will attempt to playback the audio track if capable. In Exoplayer there is code to check if it is able to playback before switching. If rendering is not possible it will not change to that track. Sage will be unaware that the client did not change tracks in this scenario.

The Placeshifer did not have support for changing audio tracks completed in the code, so I am having to trace the SageTV code to figure out the complete functionality. Hence the error that popped up with this release. I reveived a track change value that I was not expecting. I am still not sure what the value means. I am going to need to do further digging.

2. Changing subtitle tracks. I added the ability for ExoPlayer and IJKPlayer to be notified of subtitle track changes, but actual subtitle support is not implemented. Hopefully someday in the future it can be added.

3. Volume Up/Volume Down can be mapped to NONE so that the volume keys should perform the system volume event. Any key mapping can be changed to none if you do not want the client to respond to the event. In the future I will think about making that the default for Volume Up/Volume Down.

Sorry about the bug in ExoPlayer. I use IJKPlayer at home and had been testing these changes for a couple of weeks. I did test ExoPlayer, but not as much as IJKPlayer.... Sorry about that
Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the update -

I've been encountering a non-related problem that I wanted to get out there; Some recordings from my Hauppauge QuadHD (OTA) experience a playback issue where audio is playing back at the proper speed, but keeps skipping forward ahead of the video. On the HD300, there is no problem with playback. I have definitely noticed this on multiple occasions with CBS recordings. Last night, I tried viewing recordings from CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX and 2 of the 4 had this issue (I believe FOX was the other). I don't recall seeing this problem on cablecard recordings from the Ceton Infinitv 6. I am using EXO player with the miniclient in this case. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 09-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
2. Changing subtitle tracks. I added the ability for ExoPlayer and IJKPlayer to be notified of subtitle track changes, but actual subtitle support is not implemented. Hopefully someday in the future it can be added.
Is this still a player issue or a client issue? I really want to watch my anime!
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 09-25-2018, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Is this still a player issue or a client issue? I really want to watch my anime!
It's both a client and player issue. While the Android MiniClient can show subtitles it only supports external sub files and NOT embedded subtitles. in the case of external subtitles, sagetv will send the rendering instructions to the UI and they show up. But for embedded subtitles, sagetv doesn't know about them, and as such the player/client needs to extract them, then send them back to sagetv, and then sagetv can turn them into UI rendering operations. So none of that exists in this Android MiniClient.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Miniclient now crashes immediately on the Nvidia Shield (2015 version) - not sure if something changed or not
Old 09-29-2018, 03:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
Miniclient now crashes immediately on the Nvidia Shield (2015 version) - not sure if something changed or not
Like as soon as you launch the app, or, when you connect to sagetv, or when you start to play a video? In either case, I have 2 different models, and I don't experience any crashes in either of those scenarios. Have you power cycled the unit?
Old 09-29-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

I get the intial menu saying that it is connecting to the server - then it crashes such that you never get to see the main SageTV menu - I did cycle power, reset, check for updates, etc. I have automatic updates turned on, so not sure if it got updated, but I did not update it manually and it was previously working.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
I get the intial menu saying that it is connecting to the server - then it crashes such that you never get to see the main SageTV menu - I did cycle power, reset, check for updates, etc. I have automatic updates turned on, so not sure if it got updated, but I did not update it manually and it was previously working.
Maybe try uninstall and reinstall the app. Seems odd. I've certainly never encountered this myself. If you get the option to submit a crash report, then do so, and I can look in the online developer console for the error.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Just wanted to add some details to the changes. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks Stuckless for putting out the releases!

3. Volume Up/Volume Down can be mapped to NONE so that the volume keys should perform the system volume event. Any key mapping can be changed to none if you do not want the client to respond to the event. In the future I will think about making that the default for Volume Up/Volume Down.
1st - - great job!!! Thank you!!!

And... Volume control is still not working here.
I am running the latest on Google. I also tried unmapping ^R & ^E (vol up/vol down) and that didn't work either. I have to go to settings and set media volume.

Oreo on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB

Last edited by davidk21770; 10-03-2018 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Correct typos