SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
I am not experiencing this problem (I use HD300s), but I do have a number of .png files in GeneratedThumbnails that are empty (size 0). Would a zero length file also likely cause problems for the miniclient?

--John
I have 0 length files and it still is working... They have no effect.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am trying to reproduce this issue, and I am having a hard time doing so.

Here is how I tried to break it.

1. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of them to 0 bytes.
2. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of files and put garabge data in.
3. Modify a poster file to 0 bytes
4. Modify a poster file and put garbage data in.

None of these were able to produce an error. The posters just did not render in the mini client.

Anyone have another idea?

Josh
Old 04-28-2020, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I am trying to reproduce this issue, and I am having a hard time doing so.

Here is how I tried to break it.

1. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of them to 0 bytes.
2. Went into the thumbnail cache, and modified on of files and put garabge data in.
3. Modify a poster file to 0 bytes
4. Modify a poster file and put garbage data in.

None of these were able to produce an error. The posters just did not render in the mini client.

Anyone have another idea?

Josh
I do not think you are going to be able to recreate it as Schedules Direct has fixed the logos on their end. I believe the old guide date still had bad urls to where the old logos were located ... but once these days aged of it corrected itself.

I tried I shutdown SagetV Deleted everything in the thumbnail's folder restarted it and SageTV repopulated it with the right logo files.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-28-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Speaking of generated thumbnails, how big is it on your server? Mine is 4.42GB. When I do a properties (in Win10 File Explorer) on the folder mine says:

Size: 105 MB
Size on disk: 4.42GB
Contains: 4,540 Files

Server OS is unRAID
Old 04-28-2020, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Speaking of generated thumbnails, how big is it on your server? Mine is 4.42GB. When I do a properties (in Win10 File Explorer) on the folder mine says:

Size: 105 MB
Size on disk: 4.42GB
Contains: 4,540 Files

Server OS is unRAID
I do not generate thumbnails for recordings they are usually wrong any way. Mine is only 16MB and only contains url for channel logos.

seeker/generate_thumbnail_when_recordings_complete=false

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

A speedy way to update the logo URLs is to switch to the alternative ones, then switch back. This is found under Detailed Setup > Customization at the very bottom.

Edit: This actually reaches out to Schedules Direct and gets the latest ones. Also, every time the EPG is updated, those URLs get updated.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-02-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question:

How does the MiniClient do its lan based connection? My openwrt router just doesn't see anything while it attempts to connect over lan.

I have been trying to figure out how to get it to wake up a sleeping sever for a while now. The router that is configured so that once I launch a Plex client the server wakes up. I have been trying to get the same thing happen with this SageTV Android client but to no avail.

I find that I have to launch the client and then go to "Connect Using Locator ID" before the router can register network activity from the MiniClient and turn on the server.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
Question:

How does the MiniClient do its lan based connection? My openwrt router just doesn't see anything while it attempts to connect over lan.

I have been trying to figure out how to get it to wake up a sleeping sever for a while now. The router that is configured so that once I launch a Plex client the server wakes up. I have been trying to get the same thing happen with this SageTV Android client but to no avail.

I find that I have to launch the client and then go to "Connect Using Locator ID" before the router can register network activity from the MiniClient and turn on the server.
Personally I would value security over power usage. Therefore I would leave the server on all the time and block the ports you have open on the firewall. The "locator ID service" works by going out to a server on the internet to locate your device - even if your playback device is on your local LAN. While I haven't heard of any security concerns with that service, using it means you have a few open ports on your firewall. I would be concerned that the open ports could be exploited somehow/someday.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all