SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson
I am using Version 0.41 with nielm combo STV v1.5
It seems that for every show it creates two .txt files is this new or is somthing wrong with my set up ?
It is probably generating a .txt file that contains the marked commercials and a .log file that contains... well... the log.

Jere

BTW, it has been brought to my attention that a log file is always generated even with verbose set to 0. This has been fixed for the next release,

Last edited by Jere_Jones; 10-06-2004 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks I asked because some time it did not show the breaks then they would just appear so I thought maybe it was reading 2 different files
Old 10-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Last call for bugs for the next two weeks...

I'm going to post a new version tonight and then the Navy is sending me to a school for the next two weeks.

What this means to you is that if you are seeing a bug, I need to know about it before I post my next version or it will have to wait a couple of weeks. I expect to get a lot of coding time, but no internet time.

This also means that you can expect a major update (with command line arguments) in two weeks.

Jere
Old 10-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Administrator

I apologize in advance for how bad this one is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
I'm going to post a new version tonight and then the Navy is sending me to a school for the next two weeks.
If they are paying for it, is it a commercial school? If so, can't you just skip it?

<ouch>So sorry, but I just couldn't resist...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

If they are paying for it, is it a commercial school? If so, can't you just skip it?

- Andy
Old 10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

It would be better if he was set up to auto-skip it. This way he would never even know it happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

- Andy

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:

What this means to you is that if you are seeing a bug, I need to know about it before I post my next version or it will have to wait a couple of weeks. I expect to get a lot of coding time, but no internet time.

Jere
This is likely a configuration file issue then a bug, but I thought I'd ask.
I setup the latest version 1.41 with default config file, but comskip generates 0 sized text file. I enabled loging and see that black frames are detected properly and I even manually created a .txt file with below data to proove to myself that commercials are properly found and it worked.
86 2007
15424 19020
32757 36646
47887 51513

How do I make comskip to generate it automatically?
Attached is my compressed log file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheSimpsonsHomerAlone-769285-0.zip (1.6 KB, 153 views)
Old 10-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Sage User

I had to restart SageTV for comskip to start using new config file, this is strange since I thought comskip was completely standalone.
The second strange thing is that I get different results running comskip from command line and from SageTV app. From command line it works fine, but from SageTV it only does a single pass. Am I the only one having this problem?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

So maybe when you get back, we can have it be completely independent of Sage, and be able to run it like a regular program, and have it comskip EVERYTHING that doesn't have a commercial file? .

Only problem there would be the movies & stuff from movie channels, it'd try to comskip those as well...
Old 10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

I posted over on the nielm thread, but thought I would post here also as it is a comskip problem.

I installed the nielm.stv and setup the comskip stuff on my server. It fired off comskip and has processed all my recordings. All but one got a .txt file with numbers in it. The one that did not is off a bad channel so that may be messing up the detection algorithm.

However, when I try to play the recordings on my client machine, they play, but I do not get any of the markings on the OSD and custom4 and custom5 commands do nothing. I have my video path set via UNC and have rebooted/restarted both server and client.

I've read on the thread that others do have this working on a client machine. Just hoping to get some help to get me up and running.

thanks,
Old 10-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Sage Expert

Do you have either Nielm.stv or malore.stv on your client also? I have a client/server that has it working so I know it works fine...as does using your client to comskip over the networked drive.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigor
I had to restart SageTV for comskip to start using new config file, this is strange since I thought comskip was completely standalone.
The second strange thing is that I get different results running comskip from command line and from SageTV app. From command line it works fine, but from SageTV it only does a single pass. Am I the only one having this problem?
The short answer is that it isn't finding the ini file (or seems so). Send me a log file from each case and I'll look into it.

Jere
Old 10-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
So maybe when you get back, we can have it be completely independent of Sage, and be able to run it like a regular program, and have it comskip EVERYTHING that doesn't have a commercial file? .

Only problem there would be the movies & stuff from movie channels, it'd try to comskip those as well...
I wrote a vbs script that does this with mpg2srt to generate closed caption files. It also cleans the directory of any orphaned srt, smi, txt, or log files. It would not be hard to modify it to also run comskip. Is there any interest in this?

Jere
Old 10-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigor
This is likely a configuration file issue then a bug, but I thought I'd ask.
I setup the latest version 1.41 with default config file, but comskip generates 0 sized text file. I enabled loging and see that black frames are detected properly and I even manually created a .txt file with below data to proove to myself that commercials are properly found and it worked.
86 2007
15424 19020
32757 36646
47887 51513

How do I make comskip to generate it automatically?
Attached is my compressed log file.
I looked at that log file and thought "This can't be a real log file." There are just so many strange things about it. I would like to talk to you offline about it, because something just ain't right.

Jere
Old 10-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
I wrote a vbs script that does this with mpg2srt to generate closed caption files. It also cleans the directory of any orphaned srt, smi, txt, or log files. It would not be hard to modify it to also run comskip. Is there any interest in this?

Jere
Jere ~

I'd be interested in it. Actually, I'd be interested in helping in that regard. I'd be more than happy to take your existing vbscript and customize it to add functionality for the comskip.

Let me know if you're interested in a helping hand.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 10-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutaw
Jere ~

I'd be interested in it. Actually, I'd be interested in helping in that regard. I'd be more than happy to take your existing vbscript and customize it to add functionality for the comskip.

Let me know if you're interested in a helping hand.
Cool. Always looking for help.

Take a look at this thread. That is where I orginally posted it and I recently posted an update that tries to handle the sync problem of the captions.

Enjoy...
Jere
Old 10-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Sage Expert

This would be great! It would be great if it could also skip a set list of channels like in neilm and malore's stv.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Deadbolt,
Yes I do have the nielm.stv installed on my client. I can see the weather stuff, new menus even can set up the comskip stuff. It just does not work on the client.

thanks,
Old 10-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
This would be great! It would be great if it could also skip a set list of channels like in neilm and malore's stv.
That won't be possible because comskip only has access to the information in the mpeg file itself and the filename. Hence, you could (in the future) set it to use a different ini for Nova than for SG-1. Of course that is after I give comskip the ability to accept command line arguments.

Jere
Old 10-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Deadbolt,
Yes I do have the nielm.stv installed on my client. I can see the weather stuff, new menus even can set up the comskip stuff. It just does not work on the client.

thanks,
If the .txt files are being generated with framenumbers inside, then most likely, the stv can not find the .txt file and is a problem for the stv maker.

Sorry,
Jere