SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
Hey can we get an icon for when a show has been commercial skipped so we know that it has been done or after it has been started.
I'll add [CA] after the show name for Commercial Advance and [CC] for Closed Captioning.
Quote:
when I choose preview window rather than video background
I get video on top of the menu screens where there is no place for it
it sometimes overlaps menu titles and the blue bar dissappears behind it
That's a feature I don't use and only added it in by request.
Quote:
and is there a reason that you made it so we can only use this option with the one view of the recording?
Yes, because that's the one I use and it's already set up to do tasks on items. You can use whatever version of SageTV Recordings you want for everything except to make it run commercial detection on a specific file.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Could someone please tell me how you can run the comskip program manually. I wanted to try it out but it keeps telling me that I have specified an invalid filename.

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 08-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Yep worked great w/ my client. Love it. Thanks Malore!!

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
insomniac, that sounds like that would work to me. I don't have the SageTV client, but I can run comskip.exe using a unc path without any problems.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Karen0302, easiest way to run comskip manually would be to drag-and-drop an .mpg file onto the comskip.exe icon.

Second easiest would be to place a copy of comskip.exe in the folder with your .mpg files and then open a cmd/dos window in that directory and run it with something like "comskip.exe MailCall-2662853-0.mpg"

Last edited by malore; 08-01-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Yea...screensaver would be better for me too. I never sleep sage on my frontroom tv.

Quote:
Originally posted by ToxMox
Malore,
Great work!
So the background commercial processing only goes when sage is sleeping? I never sleep my Sage. How about if the Sage screensaver kicks in and there isn't anything scheduled in the next 15 minutes that it also starts background commercial detection.
So far I've only tested it on World Series of Poker and it works great. I'm waiting for it to process some more files.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Malore,

Would comskip2 be for everyone to try or just for jere's scenerio?

I.

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
See if the attached version works better, run it manually on the problem file.
That's no bug, that's a feature. It only reads the commercial skip file when the show is first loaded, so to get it to load the .txt file again, you would have to switch to another show and back again.
It jumps to a time derived from the frame number and SageTV's times don't seem to be 100% accurate, so my commercial skipping looks less accurate.

My sage rigs:
Old 08-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Everyone can try comskip2, but the only change is it is less strict about how dark a black frame is.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

So .... Does it matter what skin you use??

Does this work with;

Std. SageTV ?
MlbDude ?
Malore (Obviously does)
MalDude ?

I want to try it but don't want to jack my system up if I don't have to ...
Old 08-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

could someone plese tell me how I have to edit my Irremote.ini to use the red and green buttons on my silver hauppauge remote? for the custom 4 and 5 commands
Old 08-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
Does it matter what skin you use??
It will only work with an STV using the changes malore made, which is currently only the one he posted above.

Quote:
Originally posted by samson
could someone plese tell me how I have to edit my Irremote.ini to use the red and green buttons on my silver hauppauge remote? for the custom 4 and 5 commands
Depends on whether you are using key commands or event messages.

For key commands:[list=1][*]Assign a key to the custom 4 & 5 commands in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link...Command.[*]Assign those keys to your chosen buttons in irremote.ini.[/list=1]
For event messages:[list=1][*]Edit irremote.ini and change the event numbers assigned to the buttons you want to use.[/list=1]
See the links in my sig lines for info on editing irremote.ini. See this document regarding event numbers.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
It will only work with an STV using the changes malore made, which is currently only the one he posted above.
Thanks ... I hope to see this function for all STV's soon ...

Good news is it would already be beta tested ...

So, do I have the patience to wait??
Old 08-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Works great on my server.

But for some reason I can not get the Malore STV to work on my client at all. Every time I select it, the machine just sites there, unresponsive.

If I specify the STV in the properties file, then load my client, it sits there on the load splash screen at the initializing user interface (that isn't the exact wording) step.

Even tried wiping/reloading the OS (needed to be done anyway), that didn't fix it.

So I don't know what the problem is. Oh well. Any thoughts? Just for the record, the 'official' malre STV doesn't work on this machine either.

Jason
Old 08-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

Very odd...works fine on my client...

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonJoel
Works great on my server.

But for some reason I can not get the Malore STV to work on my client at all. Every time I select it, the machine just sites there, unresponsive.

If I specify the STV in the properties file, then load my client, it sits there on the load splash screen at the initializing user interface (that isn't the exact wording) step.

Even tried wiping/reloading the OS (needed to be done anyway), that didn't fix it.

So I don't know what the problem is. Oh well. Any thoughts? Just for the record, the 'official' malre STV doesn't work on this machine either.

Jason

My sage rigs:
Old 08-02-2004, 12:13 AM
SageTVaholic

well since I have seen anyone else write this but
why not have a way to enable comskip
it could just run while sage is a sleep
whenever SageTV is waked it would pause or when sage was recording
rather than have a your computer peaking 97-100% CPU while you want to watch something (I was able to watch stuff though just so you )

and can make the preview window on menus have a toggle on or off in the properties file
that is so annoying and I do not want to use video background

also for comskip2
are we suppose to replace the original comskip?

cause the only thing I noticed was that comskip2 was a lot smaller than comskip

Last edited by kny3twalker; 08-02-2004 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonJoel

Jason
Same happens for me... I get the same simptoms and have reinstalled the client to try to get it to work. Nothing seems to help. mlbdude's stvs have all worked fine.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Sage Icon

There is already a setting to have comskip run automatically when Sage is sleeping.
This is a quote from Malore's first message in this thread:
"I have also implemented running commercial detection automatically when SageTV is asleep and no programs are scheduled to be recording in the next 15 minutes. This can be enabled on the Settings menu in the Customs Menu, but I haven’t had time to fully test it."

Quote:
well since I have seen anyone else write this but
why not have a way to enable comskip
it could just run while sage is a sleep
whenever SageTV is waked it would pause ...
Old 08-02-2004, 06:53 AM
Sage User

First off, wow the commercial skip works awesome on the server. I haven't tried the automatic skip detection while sleeping or whatever, but only because you haven't really tested it. Does the automatic use your Favorites priorities in order to select your most favorite shows first for commercial detection? I would really like to see a seperate page for organizing the order it should automatically run comskip on.

Okay, I can't get malore.stv to work for me on the SageTV Client. I can get all of mlbdude's stv and even MalDude.stv to work on the client, but not even the official release of malore.stv. I hadn't tried out malore's until now, so I don't know if the problem came up in an earlier release.

For client support wouldn't the requirements for commercial skip support on client be the same as using Sage Recorder? On my server I have my recording drives as H: and T: and on my Client machine I have them mapped on the network as H: and T: so both the server and client have the same drive access paths. All of my paths for video, imported library, everything is the same for server or client.

Either way I haven't gotten the client to load this version of malore.stv or the version on the malore information page.

I'm using version 2.0.20 on both server and client. I was using 2.0.19 until I couldn't get malore.stv to load on the client and thought maybe the upgrade would be useful, but it wasn't.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

Last edited by Coolwave; 08-02-2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

I started testing the automatic detection and it looks like it is starting with the oldest recordings first and working its way to the newer stuff.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

Glad to see I'm not the only one that can't get the malore STV to work on the Client side!!! Thought I was going nuts.

Maybe someone will figure it out someday. I know it USED to work, I used to use it right after it came out, before switching to the Mlbdude2 STV...

Jason