SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Sage Expert

Wondering if anyone has seen this case:

I am using a SageClient system to run comskip against the server over networked drives. It has worked great. Recently, .43 anyway, give me about 15-20 cmd.exe in the taskmanager after about 12 hours of use. Each have around 1260 KB of RAM used. They all disappear if SageClent is closed and restarted.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Sage Expert

I made a simple batch file that deletes orphaned txt files (and smi files if oyu have those) that i guess you could schedule to run every day or every week. Is this what most people do or is there a simpler method to do this? How hard is it to tie in this deleting with the delete function in sage? i'm asssuming i'd have to use studio for it, right?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I made a simple batch file that deletes orphaned txt files (and smi files if oyu have those) that i guess you could schedule to run every day or every week. Is this what most people do or is there a simpler method to do this? How hard is it to tie in this deleting with the delete function in sage? i'm asssuming i'd have to use studio for it, right?
You can make Sage delete the SMI, SRI, TXT files in the STV, but as far as Autodelete when the disk is full, Sage only seems to delete the MPG file.

You can probably make Sage delete all the orphaned files, but if the Batch file is simple, it would be easier to use your batch file.

Lauren
Old 10-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

ComSkip v0.60

This release took a LOT of coding/effort/learning.

Added features
  • Added another detection method that uses the closed captions stored in the mpeg stream. (Note: To use this you must have the CC registry setting set and be recording to a DVD compliant stream type. The CC's are read directly from the recording so no smi or srt is needed)
  • Added property settings relating to the CC's.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed crash related to combining the first few blocks
  • Fixed crash related to building logo blocks
HUGE thanks to merrypig (the author of MPG2SRT) from the BTV forums for his invaluable help with the CC's.

I hope y'all enjoy this release. I have gotten some AMAZING results using the CC data. My school is over and I'll be back home with the wife tomorrow. So I'm getting this release out before she wants me to spend all my time with her (I have been gone for 2 weeks). Hence, the default modifier settings regarding CC's may not be optimum. Feel free to fiddle with them and let me know what works best for you.

BTW, I have absolutely no idea how the CC code will react to European VBI. I'd appreciate someone over there letting me know.

As always, bug reports are welcome and encouraged.

Jere
Attached Files
File Type: zip comskip.0.60.zip (102.8 KB, 575 views)

Last edited by Jere_Jones; 10-22-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow, that's awesome. There was a posting a while back suggesting the use of CC, but I wasn't sure how well it would work since the file I used to develop CC support for my STV had CC text during the commercials. But, then again before making comskip, I was skeptical of commercial skipping in general.

Now I'll have to see if I can get CC working. I'm wondering if the CC method is significantly faster and fairly accurate on its own, if it could be preformed first and the other methods reserved for problem files. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by malore; 10-21-2004 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Sage Expert

is there any reason that this version would work faster than the last release? because it seems to, after testing it on 3 or 4 files.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Sage Expert

Can anyone describe what needs to be changed in the registry to enable CC? Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

For more info on enabling Closed Captioning see the SageTV FAQ post.

"You must be using a Hauppauge PVR250/350 card(the Roslyns and blackbird cards do not work). You must be using a driver version(I believe 1.7 and up) that supports imbedding CC into the recording. You must have enabled the CCinDVD registry key. You have to reboot your computer the first time you enable the CCinDVD key for it to take effect. The recording quality used must be a DVD style profile."

Example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Globespan\Parameters\ivac15\Driver]
"InsertCCInDvd"=dword:00000001 (set the encoder to insert the data into the mpeg, 1 for on, 0 for off)

If you don't want to use one of the standard DVD profiles here is SHS's example to setup a custom recording profile:
You need use the latest driver and apply the reg and reboot and setup you profile to do outputstreamtype 10, 13 or 14 for your Quality settings

Here any example you add to SageRecorder.properties file for Example like this
mmc/python2_encoding/MyDVD\ CC=videobitrate\=3000000|width\=720|height\=480|au diobitrate\=224|vbr\=1|peakvideobitrate\=4500000|o utputstreamtype\=10

Last edited by malore; 10-22-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
You need use the latest driver and apply the reg and reboot and setup you profile to do outputstreamtype 10, 13 or 14 for your Quality settings
I know 10 is DVD compliant, but what are 13 and 14 ?
Old 10-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
I know 10 is DVD compliant, but what are 13 and 14 ?
I searched, but couldn't find an answer. Jere_Jones asked the same question in the thread I got the info from, but I didn't see that it was ever answered.

Last edited by malore; 10-22-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Sage Expert

Malore,

If I am using Neilm's skin will the CC detection still work?

Also, Malore, per the FAQ you linked mpg2srt needs to be run on every file. Is there a way to automate this...so that when comskip automatically finds a new file to process the srt and smi files are already present?

Thanks!

Last edited by Deadbolt; 10-22-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Malore,

If I am using Neilm's skin will the CC detection still work?

Also, Malore, per the FAQ you linked mpg2srt needs to be run on every file. Is there a way to automate this...so that when comskip automatically finds a new file to process the srt and smi files are already present?

Thanks!
I think comskip reads the CC data directly from the file, so you can ignore the info in the FAQ about mpg2srt and my STV unless you want to view closed captioning in SageTV. SageTV 2.1 has added some unoffical support for CC without the use of mpg2srt as well.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

This maybe a stupid question, but how do I know I have set up the CC support correctly? Its the end of a long week.....

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 10-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
This maybe a stupid question, but how do I know I have set up the CC support correctly? Its the end of a long week.....
After recording a new program, if you get a valid .srt or .smi file when you run mpg2srt on the show you'll know closed captioning is working. The files are just text file so you can open them with any text editor. You can find a link to the mpg2srt program in the SageTV article mentioned in my previous post. If you're using SageTV 2.1 you could also test it by getting the unoffical built in closed captioning support to work (see the last page of the user manual for details).
Old 10-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
After recording a new program, if you get a valid .srt or .smi file when you run mpg2srt on the show you'll know closed captioning is working. The files are just text file so you can open them with any text editor. You can find a link to the mpg2srt program in the SageTV article mentioned in my previous post. If you're using SageTV 2.1 you could also test it by getting the unoffical built in closed captioning support to work (see the last page of the user manual for details).
Okay, so this is more of a curiosity question then anything - I ran mpg2srt on one of the files I've recorded and then read through the results. Everything is nice and readable...but I noticed that all the commercials have CC as well as the shows. I also noticed that there's no big "the show starts here" or anything like that, so how does this help the commercial detection? or is it true to say that in this case it doesn't?

As a side note, I've been running v0.60 for about a day now with somewhat improved resultes over v0.52. Also, since I last posted I haven't had a single crash - go figure.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think it looks for CC text that has different characterists than the majority of the text. Examples: placed in a different location, moves across the screen, adds text a character at a time, all caps.

Last edited by malore; 10-22-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Sage User

How do I set SageTV to run comskip with the ZoomPlayer and VideoRedo output options on all the time? I'm using Neilm's skin.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Jere, just wanted to say thank you for all your work.

I have just one request. Would it be possible to add another entry to your .ini file for the videoredo to not include path nor drive to the .mpg file?

Let me explain. I have SageTV server running on one PC, it does all the commercial detection on it. I use comskip to detect commercials and then create videoredo breaks. Then on a different PC I do have Videoredo from which I then load video. Drive from my SageTV server is network drive so the path is different. Now if I try to open videoredo with this file that was generated I cant do anything. I have to edit it and remove path to the file. Its just one extra step...

so if it would be possible to have an option to have this:
<Filename>CurbYourEnthusiasmThePantsTent-3057763-0.mpg
instead of that:
<Filename>G:\SageTV\CurbYourEnthusiasmThePantsTent-3057763-0.mpg
it would be awesome.

Some people might be using the one with the path so if there would be a triger to have it with or without path it would be awesome.

Once again, you are my hero, I love wathing sage with skipping most if not all commercials Thank you so so very much.

Chris
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClock
How do I set SageTV to run comskip with the ZoomPlayer and VideoRedo output options on all the time? I'm using Neilm's skin.
here is all the info, just choose the right stuff for your ini file:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....ComSkipIniInfo

Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
I have just one request. Would it be possible to add another entry to your .ini file for the videoredo to not include path nor drive to the .mpg file?
Does that work right? I thought when I tested it it didn't work unless I used the complete path. Maybe it was because I was dragging and dropping the .prj file onto the VideoRedo shortcut. It was more work to add the complete path, so if it's not needed, then it should just be removed.