SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
Jere, just wanted to say thank you for all your work.

I have just one request. Would it be possible to add another entry to your .ini file for the videoredo to not include path nor drive to the .mpg file?

Let me explain. I have SageTV server running on one PC, it does all the commercial detection on it. I use comskip to detect commercials and then create videoredo breaks. Then on a different PC I do have Videoredo from which I then load video. Drive from my SageTV server is network drive so the path is different. Now if I try to open videoredo with this file that was generated I cant do anything. I have to edit it and remove path to the file. Its just one extra step...

so if it would be possible to have an option to have this:
<Filename>CurbYourEnthusiasmThePantsTent-3057763-0.mpg
instead of that:
<Filename>G:\SageTV\CurbYourEnthusiasmThePantsTent-3057763-0.mpg
it would be awesome.

Some people might be using the one with the path so if there would be a triger to have it with or without path it would be awesome.

Once again, you are my hero, I love wathing sage with skipping most if not all commercials Thank you so so very much.

Chris
why not just add the same network drives to your video editing machine? I am in the same situation...and after I added the same network drives to my editing machine I was good to go!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
This release took a LOT of coding/effort/learning.

Added features
  • Added another detection method that uses the closed captions stored in the mpeg stream. (Note: To use this you must have the CC registry setting set and be recording to a DVD compliant stream type. The CC's are read directly from the recording so no smi or srt is needed)
  • Added property settings relating to the CC's.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed crash related to combining the first few blocks
  • Fixed crash related to building logo blocks
HUGE thanks to merrypig (the author of MPG2SRT) from the BTV forums for his invaluable help with the CC's.

I hope y'all enjoy this release. I have gotten some AMAZING results using the CC data. My school is over and I'll be back home with the wife tomorrow. So I'm getting this release out before she wants me to spend all my time with her (I have been gone for 2 weeks). Hence, the default modifier settings regarding CC's may not be optimum. Feel free to fiddle with them and let me know what works best for you.

BTW, I have absolutely no idea how the CC code will react to European VBI. I'd appreciate someone over there letting me know.

As always, bug reports are welcome and encouraged.

Jere
Jere ~

Have you thought of perhaps including the output of the closed captioning data to the appropriate text files so that the files don't have to be run through by seperate sets of applications to detect both Closed Caption data and Commercials?

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 10-23-2004, 05:04 PM

I would be interested in a Linux version of comskip.

Thanks,
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Is there any interest in a version of comskip that will run on Linux?

The original author of the commercial detection algorithms contacted me and suggested he could port it to Linux. All that was needed is a makefile and comskip would compile under GCC.

For those of you that use Linux/Samba to keep the txt/smi files cleared, you could also use it to process your shows for commercials.

Personally, I don't use Linux, so it wouldn't benefit me, but hey, I'm not everyone.

Jere
Old 10-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
"You must be using a Hauppauge PVR250/350 card(the Roslyns and blackbird cards do not work). You must be using a driver version(I believe 1.7 and up) that supports imbedding CC into the recording. You must have enabled the CCinDVD registry key. You have to reboot your computer the first time you enable the CCinDVD key for it to take effect. The recording quality used must be a DVD style profile."

Example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Globespan\Parameters\ivac15\Driver]
"InsertCCInDvd"=dword:00000001 (set the encoder to insert the data into the mpeg, 1 for on, 0 for off)

If you don't want to use one of the standard DVD profiles here is SHS's example to setup a custom recording profile:
You need use the latest driver and apply the reg and reboot and setup you profile to do outputstreamtype 10, 13 or 14 for your Quality settings

Here any example you add to SageRecorder.properties file for Example like this
mmc/python2_encoding/MyDVD\ CC=videobitrate\=3000000|width\=720|height\=480|au diobitrate\=224|vbr\=1|peakvideobitrate\=4500000|o utputstreamtype\=10
I have a PVR350 with SageTV v2.0 and the latest Neilm skin. I set the reg key, set recording quality to DVD extended play and rebooted then recorded something and ran mpg2srt over the recording. I got an SRT file with some HTML looking code in it (about a page of it) but the SMI file is empty. I see no options about CC in Sage with the skin and nothing in the sage.properties file about CCs either so I have no other way of seeing if CCs are being encoded or not.

Last edited by OverClock; 10-24-2004 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClock
I have a PVR350 with SageTV v2.0 and the latest Neilm skin. I set the reg key, set recording quality to DVD extended play and rebooted then recorded something and ran mpg2srt over the recording. I got an SRT file with some HTML looking code in it (about a page of it) but the SMI file is empty. I see no options about CC in Sage with the skin and nothing in the sage.properties file about CCs either so I have no other way of seeing if CCs are being encoded or not.
OverClock ~

Have you tried another program to ensure that it's not just a fluke? I ask this because the closed captioning is sometimes hit and miss for me on the PVR-350.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 10-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Does this reg key also turn on CC for the usb PVR2's?

Looks like it works on my PVR-250's, but haven't had a chance to test this on my usb one.

So, I thought I would ask.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
For more info on enabling Closed Captioning see the SageTV FAQ post.

"You must be using a Hauppauge PVR250/350 card(the Roslyns and blackbird cards do not work). You must be using a driver version(I believe 1.7 and up) that supports imbedding CC into the recording. You must have enabled the CCinDVD registry key. You have to reboot your computer the first time you enable the CCinDVD key for it to take effect. The recording quality used must be a DVD style profile."

Example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Globespan\Parameters\ivac15\Driver]
"InsertCCInDvd"=dword:00000001 (set the encoder to insert the data into the mpeg, 1 for on, 0 for off)

If you don't want to use one of the standard DVD profiles here is SHS's example to setup a custom recording profile:
You need use the latest driver and apply the reg and reboot and setup you profile to do outputstreamtype 10, 13 or 14 for your Quality settings

Here any example you add to SageRecorder.properties file for Example like this
mmc/python2_encoding/MyDVD\ CC=videobitrate\=3000000|width\=720|height\=480|au diobitrate\=224|vbr\=1|peakvideobitrate\=4500000|o utputstreamtype\=10
Old 10-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
No. The USB2 does not have a reg setting to turn on CC. So far, it is just for the 250 & 350. (Unless the newer encoders have it too.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel

Looks like it works on my PVR-250's, but haven't had a chance to test this on my usb one.

So, I thought I would ask.

Jason
CC doesn't work with my USB2. The instructions seem to indicate only the 250 and 350, but you would think the USB2 should also have that capability. Don't know if I need different drivers or if there is a different registry hack needed to enable it for a USB2.

Anyone else know?
Old 10-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutaw
OverClock ~

Have you tried another program to ensure that it's not just a fluke? I ask this because the closed captioning is sometimes hit and miss for me on the PVR-350.
What other program do you recommend? I only have SageTV and the software that comes with the PVR350.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage Expert

OverClock,

I believe kruaw meant to try it on another recorded program...another show.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
OverClock,

I believe kruaw meant to try it on another recorded program...another show.
I have tried it on 3 different recorded shows with the same results.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Check here for more info on registry settings. There are two sets of instructions to check, depending on your driver version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Sage Expert

Any idea if their are plans for CC on the pvr-usb2? Right now I have 3 tuners that are CC capable and one (pvr-usb2) that is not...so I usually get CC commercial detection
Old 10-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Jere, Malore,
Wow I blinked and comskip went from .52 to .60
I don't know if there is anyone out there like me, but I am having some trouble keeping up with the latest version, and its configuration nuances. Do you know if anyone is going to update the wiki referenced in your signature file, I think it still talks about .41. Or you could include a helpfile in the latest zip file release. A version history, example orphan batch file, closed caption registry setup, warnings if any, instructions, etc. It might help reduce some redundant questions and is certainly easier than re-reading 450 some odd posts in this thread to get caught up. + it just seems with such rapid development of comskip, the new 2.1 and stv updates we need someplace to look in order to get caught up quickly. Just my $.02 after seeing Opus4's new stickies. Maybe it would be best if Malore updated the first post in this thread. I like to contribute by trying beta's but I think I have been away too long and am at the moment lost with this whole CC thing. Great work so far, I will try .60 after I get done configuring 2.1 RC5

Last edited by Humanzee; 10-27-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Malore, I haven't really mentioned it but I've been getting crashes from every build after .42 including the new .60. Is there anything I can do to help narrow this issue down?

Carlo
Old 10-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Malore, I haven't really mentioned it but I've been getting crashes from every build after .42 including the new .60. Is there anything I can do to help narrow this issue down?

Carlo
You can set verbose=10 in the ini and email me the log.

Jere
Old 10-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Malore and Jere,
I heard that you can also analyze the audio of a TV program to get ques about commercial cuts. It seems that audio volume levels vary between commercial and programs. This is especially true of local commercial inserts.
Any chance someone is willing to look at this?
thanks for all the work done, it is looking pretty good.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:40 PM

Patch to get comskip compiled under Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdutton
I would be interested in a Linux version of comskip.

Thanks,
Brad
Here's the patch against the current source code in SubVersion. A README.linux is included.

This should let you get it compiled so you can run/test under Linux.
Attached Files
File Type: txt comskip_Linux_patch.txt (8.7 KB, 205 views)
Old 10-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Sage Icon

Under Custom Menus there is a Guide, a Guide2 and a Guide3. I can't tell any difference in them nor understand their purpose. Other than that this skin is really nice, esp. the weather report which I configured last night. I am working on comskip now. Great work!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Under Custom Menus there is a Guide, a Guide2 and a Guide3. I can't tell any difference in them nor understand their purpose. Other than that this skin is really nice, esp. the weather report which I configured last night. I am working on comskip now. Great work!
These are the same by default, but they can be configured with different filters (Favorites, First runs, movies, etc) for each one as well as renamed for convenience.