SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

festus,

Did you want the filename in the videoredo project file to be ".\XXXX.mpg" or just "XXXX.mpg"?

Jere
Old 01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Dumb Question about comskp vbs script

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutaw
Okay, so it ended up being a tad easier than I thought it would be. Anywho, I've got the script setup to where if you specify a logs, video and comskip directory (they can all be the same if needed) the script will bypass attempting to find the sage.properties file as well as the sagetv executable.

Anywho, please find the script attached. The specific command line options are(THIS SHOULD ALL BE A SINGLE LINE):

comskip_automation_0.6.vbs /vid_dir=e:\sage /comskip_dir=e:\sage /log_dir=e:\sage\logs

This example would look for only videos in the e:\sage directory, put logs to e:\sage\logs and look for comskip in e:\sage.

Please let me know if you think of anything else we can cram in this puppy. I personally was thinking of an mp3 player.... j/k :-)
Okay, maybe this is obvious.. but how does one execute a .vbs file.. do I simply run it? I tried it and one of my mpeg players started up! I want to use Windows scheduler to run this late at night and disable the background processing that is now being done through the Cayars STV..

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
festus,

Did you want the filename in the videoredo project file to be ".\XXXX.mpg" or just "XXXX.mpg"?

Jere
I did some more testing and found that just using "XXXX.mpg" only has problems when you drag and drop the project file onto videoRedo and the last working directory doesn't contain the mpeg file for the project. So this probably won't cause a problem for most people, it just caused problems for my inital testing.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
I did some more testing and found that just using "XXXX.mpg" only has problems when you drag and drop the project file onto videoRedo and the last working directory doesn't contain the mpeg file for the project. So this probably won't cause a problem for most people, it just caused problems for my inital testing.
I had not done too much testing beyond removing everything before the file name (no leading ./) as that is what I needed, and I usually open the project either from the VideoRedo menu or by clicking its icon.

Thanks a lot for considering the feature request. I am going to have to pay a lot more attention to these forums now that you have me hooked.

-festus
Old 01-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Okay, maybe this is obvious.. but how does one execute a .vbs file.. do I simply run it? I tried it and one of my mpeg players started up! I want to use Windows scheduler to run this late at night and disable the background processing that is now being done through the Cayars STV..

Thanks!
Normally when you doubleclick a .vbs file, Windows will launch the script with wscript.exe. Sounds like the file associations might be a tad off.

Anywho, the command line that I use in my scheduled task is:

%systemroot%\system32\cscript.exe <path to file>\<file name>

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Quick questions. What happens with the vbs script if the mpeg is deleted while it is working on it (assuming script is running on a seperate computer from sage). Will it crash sage, crash the script or work fine?

Ok, second question, can I get the script to run continuously? ie wait a certain amount of time before restarting? I ask because I`m worried the machine will take more than 24 hours, and so wil start up a second instance before the first finishes.

Chris
Old 01-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAllenFiz
Quick questions. What happens with the vbs script if the mpeg is deleted while it is working on it (assuming script is running on a seperate computer from sage). Will it crash sage, crash the script or work fine?

Ok, second question, can I get the script to run continuously? ie wait a certain amount of time before restarting? I ask because I`m worried the machine will take more than 24 hours, and so wil start up a second instance before the first finishes.

Chris
Excellent question about what happens if the file is deleted while being scanned. If it were the same machine, Windows would likely not let it happen, however, I honestly don't know what would happen on a seperate machine. Well worth testing, let me know how that goes.. ehhe

As far as making it only run a single instance, the first time you run it, it's going to take a very very very long time. That's why I ran the script manually until I got it up to speed, and then ran it as a scheduled task. Unless you're dreadfully underpowered on the machine doing the commercial detecting or recording way more material per day than most average mortals would, you will likely not have that problem once you're up to speed.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Trying to get Comskip to work on my Client. I entered the UNC path of my video directory on the client in the detailed setup screen. I do not get the skip segments to show still.
By what I can tell by the faqs I need to configure my server with the same UNC path as well, #1 is that correct, #2 if i do that could I loose my current recordings on the server?

Comskip on my MVPs work fine.

Thanks,
Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakecrash
Trying to get Comskip to work on my Client. I entered the UNC path of my video directory on the client in the detailed setup screen. I do not get the skip segments to show still.
By what I can tell by the faqs I need to configure my server with the same UNC path as well, #1 is that correct, #2 if i do that could I loose my current recordings on the server?

Comskip on my MVPs work fine.

Thanks,
1) That is correct.
2) You could if you do it incorrectly. The FAQ has a section on how to move your files without losing the info.

Good luck,
Jere
Old 01-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Sage User

Follow-up on VideoRedo project files

I was mistaken, although the VideoRedo editor allows for local file names, the remuxer does not. I will follow-up with the vendor.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

If I want to make a scheduled task to run CS, what files need to be accesed? I just want to make a simple bat file to run on a seperate computer.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
If I want to make a scheduled task to run CS, what files need to be accesed? I just want to make a simple bat file to run on a seperate computer.
Comskip needs access to the exe and the ini file. It will also need write access to the directory that contains the video.

Jere
Old 01-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus
I was mistaken, although the VideoRedo editor allows for local file names, the remuxer does not. I will follow-up with the vendor.
Let me know how it goes. If they make a change, I'll release a new version.

Thanks,
Jere
Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks,
I'll try it out.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:52 AM

Source Code?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where would I go to get the source code to comskip? Going to:

http://www.sage-community.org/index..../comskip/trunk

shows 5 month old code...

Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was using the old version of comskip then switched to MCE2005...now I'm back to sage
I can't get it to work. I've downloaded the latest 0.64, and I downloaded the malore.stv from the original compskip to use.
now when I try to switch over to the malore.stv it locks up sage.
is there another stv i can use?

am I missing something? the community pages are a little vague. do i need libmpeg2 for the new versions to work or is that just for compiling from the source?

any help is apprecieated
Old 01-20-2005, 06:20 AM
Sage Icon

You could try the Cayars STV. Just install per the direction on the first page of the thread and you'll have ComSkip working.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where would I go to get the source code to comskip? Going to:

http://www.sage-community.org/index..../comskip/trunk

shows 5 month old code...

Thanks
Try the link from Jere_Jones signature to get the "bleeding edge" version:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....nches/jeredev/
Old 01-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Sage Icon

BTW, if you're running ComSkip with my STV don't use the ComSkip mentioned above. Use the version in my ZIP files as it's slightly different.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Try the link from Jere_Jones signature to get the "bleeding edge" version:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....nches/jeredev/
Whoops! Yep, that was a stupid question. How could I have missed that?

Thanks.