SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

While I don't use the background processing, I am almost 100% certain that ignore channels will cause comskip to not run on recordings from those channels.

In regards to your question, what does the background_commercial_processing_ignore line in the sage.properties file say?
Are all the channel numbers seperated by commas?

Jere
Old 07-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Assigning buttons

Please tell me how to assign buttons for the custom 4 and 5 commands.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link commands....
Old 07-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Show Analyzer Status

I know this is in Alpha testing. But it seems like it was going to be released or was in the process of becoming beta (I base this on what I read a few postings back).

Can you please provide some info on what the progress has been.

Thanks..
Old 07-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I know this is in Alpha testing. But it seems like it was going to be released or was in the process of becoming beta (I base this on what I read a few postings back).

Thanks..
Well, I'll tell you what I know. Jere Jones has been working on the Alpha version and if you want you can pay the small licensing fee for mpeg royalties and be an alpha tester...just follow the link in one of Jere's posts. I've been using it for a couple months now and it's pretty stable, very fast, and as accurate (if not more so) then comskip. As far as his beta status, I'll have to leave that to Jere...
Old 07-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
Sure, but if you don't want to wait for me to post updates here, I have a thread on the Dragon Global forum that I use to post what's going on with ShowAnalyzer's development. The link is http://www.dragonglobal.org/modules....=viewtopic&t=4

If you don't want to go there, the short answer is that (almost) every day I think I may release the public version but (almost) every day I find (or add) another bug.

I'm still trying to figure out how to reliably handle files with unreliable timestamps. While comskip could handle them easily because it didn't need to syncronize the video and audio, ShowAnalyzer is highly dependant on them. Every time I think I have this squashed, a different sample file causes a crash.

I can only really say that a free ShowAnalyzer is close, very close. But, when it does come out, it will be a beta. That means that anyone using it needs to EXPECT bugs and crashes and help me correct them by bringing them to my attention.

Close... very close... no, really... it is... umm... I think...

Jere
Old 07-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
I can only really say that a free ShowAnalyzer is close, very close. But, when it does come out, it will be a beta. That means that anyone using it needs to EXPECT bugs and crashes and help me correct them by bringing them to my attention.
Know how it is at the final phases of a new product release. Catching up on my SageTV forum reading today, and was going to post my own "how's it going thread." Cool.

Looking forward to it, Jere. Think you have a lot of qualified s/w developers to help you with q/a if/when you release. My comskip still working fine, but always like to play with new toys. Ready to make time for yours.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jere - just wanted to let you know that you've been getting some attention over at the Meedio forum:
http://www.meedio.com/forum/about24873.html

Perhaps Meedio LLC would be interested in your services?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Jere - just wanted to let you know that you've been getting some attention over at the Meedio forum:
http://www.meedio.com/forum/about24873.html

Perhaps Meedio LLC would be interested in your services?

Interesting thread. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I think I'll have to register over there and try to help out. I don't forsee converting though, I just love Sage way too much and I have big plans for SageTV's commercial killing!

Jere
Old 07-30-2005, 07:14 AM

Hi, i'm also interested...
I found the patch for Linux, you can download it here:
http://eserver.hopto.org/files/comskip_Linux_patch.txt
But i did not find the correct source version of comskip to make it work.
It needs the revision 92 of the comskip.c file ...

Regards.
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere_Jones
Is there any interest in a version of comskip that will run on Linux?

The original author of the commercial detection algorithms contacted me and suggested he could port it to Linux. All that was needed is a makefile and comskip would compile under GCC.

For those of you that use Linux/Samba to keep the txt/smi files cleared, you could also use it to process your shows for commercials.

Personally, I don't use Linux, so it wouldn't benefit me, but hey, I'm not everyone.

Jere
Old 08-15-2005, 12:49 PM

comskip linux version

Hi,
Did someone succeed compiling comskip on linux, i would like to make it run on my dreambox, so i need the source package with the linux patch.
I got the patch, but can't find the right source version to apply it.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Murdoch
Here's the patch against the current source code in SubVersion. A README.linux is included.

This should let you get it compiled so you can run/test under Linux.