SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Seems like it must be how SageTV handles the category? How do I get that XML output text? I could make a comparison with my HDHR OTA guide (from Schedules Direct) which does properly show the first run marker.
Use curl

curl -sSL "http://10.0.0.106:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=186400" > guide.xml

If You want just OTA use your device name ...

curl -sSL "http://10.0.0.106:8089/devices/107829D3/guide/xmltv?duration=186400" > guide.xml

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-12-2022 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

This HDHR OTA program is marked as new in Sage. This tuner is using Schedules Direct as the EPG source. EDIT: I was mistaken on this. This is a Channels DVR HDHR tuner, exclusive to Channels. Sage is using a different HDHR tuner.

Code:
<programme start="20221113180000 +0000" stop="20221113212500 +0000" channel="6.1">
    <title>NFL Football</title>
    <sub-title>Minnesota Vikings at Buffalo Bills</sub-title>
    <desc>Stefon Diggs and the Bills try to bounce back from a stunning loss when they host the Vikings.</desc>
    <category>Sports</category>
    <category>Sports event</category>
    <category>Football</category>
    <icon src="https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/p22189276_tb2_h9_aa.jpg?w=720&amp;h=540"></icon>
    <series-id system="tms">191277</series-id>
    <episode-num system="tms">EP000031283464</episode-num>
    <new></new>
    <live></live>
    <video>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
  </programme>

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 11-12-2022 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This HDHR OTA program is marked as new in Sage. This tuner is using Schedules Direct as the EPG source.

Code:
<programme start="20221113180000 +0000" stop="20221113212500 +0000" channel="6.1">
    <sub-title>Minnesota Vikings at Buffalo Bills</sub-title>
    <desc>Stefon Diggs and the Bills try to bounce back from a stunning loss when they host the Vikings.</desc>
    <category>Sports</category>
    <icon src="https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/p22189276_tb2_h9_aa.jpg?w=720&amp;h=540"></icon>
    <series-id system="tms">191277</series-id>
    <episode-num system="tms">EP000031283464</episode-num>
    <new></new>
    <live></live>
    <video>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
  </programme>
But it does not have the date tag coming from Channels DVR as HVYMETAL stated that is what Sage looks at. I am sure the Schedules Direct has the date tag.... but ChannelsDVR XMLTV does have the new tag maybe HVYMETAL can key on that.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-12-2022 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Here's an example of a TVE program on 6192 that is showing a first run marker in Sage.

Code:
<programme start="20221113173000 +0000" stop="20221113180000 +0000" channel="6192">
    <title>NFL GameDay Final</title>
    <desc>The GameDay Final crew wrap up your NFL Weekend with all the highlights and reactions from Sunday's games plus postgame interviews with the day's best performers.</desc>
    <category>Episode</category>
    <category>Sports non-event</category>
    <icon src="https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/p816899_b_h9_ab.jpg?w=720&amp;h=540"></icon>
    <series-id system="tms">816899</series-id>
    <date>20221113</date>
    <episode-num system="tms">EP010847360042</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">E29</episode-num>
    <new></new>
    <live></live>
    <credits>
      <actor>Chris Rose</actor>
      <actor>Maurice Jones-Drew</actor>
    </credits>
    <video>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
  </programme>
Old 11-12-2022, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

How do I get the same XML text output from Sage for the OTA tuner using schedules direct?
Old 11-12-2022, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do I get the same XML text output from Sage for the OTA tuner using schedules direct?
I no longer use Schedules Direct so have no way extracting it ... I used EPG123 in the past to create an XML from Schedules Direct.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage must have a file that stores all the XML data from Schedules Direct. I just forced a EPG Update and watched for files that change in the SageTV folder, but I don't see anything that has the program EPG data in it.

Never mind, I'm not helping anyway.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 11-12-2022 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sage must have a file that stores all the XML data from Schedules Direct. I just forced a EPG Update and watched for files that change in the SageTV folder, but I don't see anything that has the program EPG data in it.

You can try the SageTV web browser and see if you can export XML. See Screenshot you can use the orange XML icon to export.
Attached Images
File Type: png xmlexport.png (60.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-12-2022 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

You are helping a lot maybe you can export the Sage Guide XML for the football or a show. game so it can be compared using the web interface..
Old 11-12-2022, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. Here's the XML from an NFL game tomorrow from Sage/Schedules Direct, first run shows correctly in Sage.

Code:
<sageShowInfo version="1.3">
<systemInfo>
<alertLevel description="Warning" level="2"/>
</systemInfo>
<channelList>
<channel channelId="30924">
<channelName>WITIDT</channelName>
<channelDescription>WITIDT (WITI-DT)</channelDescription>
<channelNetwork>FOX</channelNetwork>
<channelNumber>6-1</channelNumber>
</channel>
</channelList>
<favoriteList/>
<showList>
<show epgId="EP0031283464">
<episode>Minnesota Vikings at Buffalo Bills</episode>
<subCategory>Football</subCategory>
<description>
Stefon Diggs and the Bills (6-2) try to bounce back from a stunning setback as they host the Vikings (7-1). Buffalo lost to the New York Jets 20-17. Diggs plays against Minnesota for the first time. He spent his first five seasons with the Vikings.
</description>
<peopleList>
<person role="Team">Minnesota Vikings</person>
<person role="Team">Buffalo Bills</person>
</peopleList>
<airing channelId="30924" duration="12300" sageDbId="27982052" startTime="2022-11-13T18:00:00.00Z">
<recordSchedule duration="12300" startTime="2022-11-13T18:00:00.00Z"/>
<isHDTV/>
<stereo/>
<closedCaptioned/>
</airing>
</show>
</showList>
<systemMessageList/>
</sageShowInfo>
Old 11-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Unfortunately SageTv does work with XMLTV files. When it downloads data from SD it stores the data directly in its internal database wiz.bin. Originally SageTv was to not kind to the XMLTV by design because it wanted all that used it to get a license that included guide data. This changed when the guide server was shutdown. Josh(Original creator) provided the alternative by updating SageTv with SD native.

I originally started working on this plugin for two purposes.

First,I wanted to use XMLTV data that was created by a scraper. Although it works most time a scraper violates some websites term of service. I can tell you it is exact same data that SD uses and scrapes but they have permission to do it. This why still today I use SD with SageTv.

The second use I wanted to bring PlutoTv. You see from one my other post, I was able to accomplish it.

Both scrappers I use for local and PlutoTv does not use the <new> and <live> tags so I do not have any test data for testing. With that all being said, I looked at it last night and I might be able to make the update but I have no way to test it.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
Unfortunately SageTv does work with XMLTV files. When it downloads data from SD it stores the data directly in its internal database wiz.bin. Originally SageTv was to not kind to the XMLTV by design because it wanted all that used it to get a license that included guide data. This changed when the guide server was shutdown. Josh(Original creator) provided the alternative by updating SageTv with SD native.

I originally started working on this plugin for two purposes.

First,I wanted to use XMLTV data that was created by a scraper. Although it works most time a scraper violates some websites term of service. I can tell you it is exact same data that SD uses and scrapes but they have permission to do it. This why still today I use SD with SageTv.

The second use I wanted to bring PlutoTv. You see from one my other post, I was able to accomplish it.

Both scrappers I use for local and PlutoTv does not use the <new> and <live> tags so I do not have any test data for testing. With that all being said, I looked at it last night and I might be able to make the update but I have no way to test it.
I would be willing to test it I have A SageTV test system.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you think there is a way, I'd be happy to test. I will say that the workaround for this (for me) is to just record everything under the filters (not just first runs):

College Football[Wisconsin]
NFL Football[Packers]

So if it's going to get ugly trying to figure this out, I could certainly live without it.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 11-12-2022 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Main post has new verion to test

Code:
 ##2.09 11/13/2022
1. Added if no <date> tag is found use <start> time.  This means it is new or live
2. Switch function from addAiringPublic to addAiringPublic2.  This allows the following mask to be set:
	LIVE_MASK and NEW_MASK
	audio: STEREO_MASK, SAP_MASK, DD51_MASK, DOLBY_MASK, DUBBED_MASK, SURROUND_MASK, SUBTITLE_MASK, CC_MASK, TAPE_MASK
	quality: HDTV_MASK, THREED_MASK, LETTERBOX_MASK, WIDESCREEN_MASK
	premiere: PREMIERE_MASK, CHANNEL_PREMIERE_MASK, SEASON_FINALE_MASK, SERIES_FINALE_MASK, SEASON_PREMIERE_MASK, SERIES_PREMIERE_MASK
	show part 
	total parts
*/
Old 11-12-2022, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Main post has new verion to test

Code:
 ##2.09 11/13/2022
1. Added if no <date> tag is found use <start> time.  This means it is new or live
2. Switch function from addAiringPublic to addAiringPublic2.  This allows the following mask to be set:
	LIVE_MASK and NEW_MASK
	audio: STEREO_MASK, SAP_MASK, DD51_MASK, DOLBY_MASK, DUBBED_MASK, SURROUND_MASK, SUBTITLE_MASK, CC_MASK, TAPE_MASK
	quality: HDTV_MASK, THREED_MASK, LETTERBOX_MASK, WIDESCREEN_MASK
	premiere: PREMIERE_MASK, CHANNEL_PREMIERE_MASK, SEASON_FINALE_MASK, SERIES_FINALE_MASK, SEASON_PREMIERE_MASK, SERIES_PREMIERE_MASK
	show part 
	total parts
*/
Code:
12-11-2022 17:39:39,232 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.addShowToGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:2137)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.endElement(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1410)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1151)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1054)
	at sage.EPG.pluginExtractGuide(EPG.java:1625)
	at sage.WarlockRipper.extractGuide(WarlockRipper.java:973)
	at sage.EPGDataSource.expand(EPGDataSource.java:709)
	at sage.EPG.run(EPG.java:773)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 11-12-2022, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Code:
12-11-2022 17:39:39,232 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.addShowToGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:2137)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.endElement(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1410)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1151)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1054)

Well crap....Can you provide a sample of you XMLTV data(1 week would be great) along with your current xmltv .properties file.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h9H...usp=share_link
Old 11-12-2022, 09:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Code:
##2.10 11/13/2022	
1.  Fixed <date> logic to use date in <previously-shown>
*/
It will now parse your XMLTV file. Not sure if it is marking new shows correctly. I checked some football games in the guide for tommorow and now it is showing LIVE. Also shows HDTV.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Code:
##2.10 11/13/2022	
1.  Fixed <date> logic to use date in <previously-shown>
*/
It will now parse your XMLTV file. Not sure if it is marking new shows correctly. I checked some football games in the guide for tommorow and now it is showing LIVE. Also shows HDTV.
It only parsed the first channel .....

Code:
12-11-2022 19:32:46,025 ID:   1300002100 Short: ABC                                 Long: KATUDT                              Numbers: [2.1]                Names: [KATUDT, ABC]   
12-11-2022 19:32:46,025 12-11-2022 16:30: College Football - TCU at Texas
12-11-2022 19:32:46,025 12-11-2022 20:00: Special Edition of KATU News
12-11-2022 19:32:46,041 12-11-2022 20:30: Game Time With Boomer Esiason - Dawn Staley
12-11-2022 19:32:46,041 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.isBlank()Z
Code:
12-11-2022 19:32:46,041 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.isBlank()Z
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.endElement(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1511)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1153)
	at xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin.updateGuide(XMLTVImportPlugin.java:1056)
Old 11-12-2022, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It only parsed the first channel .....
Code:
##2.11 11/13/2022	
1.  For Strings use isEmpty not isBlank
Let try this again.....You must be using Java older the 11. This should work with older java versions