SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
timeslot does not work correctly they are all AM (no PM)
Yeah, I know. I had to wait for the current SageTV beta release & for the time to make the changes:

October 26, 2004 -- Version 1.2, main changes:
  • Fixed Favorite timeslots to show correct AM/PM choices. Noon is still displayed as “0PM”; should be fixed in a future SageTV release.
  • Updated Weather Report Suite.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 10-25-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:03 AM
Administrator

I should have waited before posting that 1.2 update...

October 26, 2004 -- Version 1.3, main changes:
  • Updated to be compatible with SageTV release 2.1.8 RC5.
  • Found & updated the “About” pop-up on Main Menu to show the release date of the STV. (Use the Info command.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Fixed Favorite timeslots to show correct AM/PM choices. Noon is still displayed as “0PM”; should be fixed in a future SageTV release.
Thank You
Old 10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Administrator

October 28, 2004 -- Version 1.4, main changes:
  • Updated to be compatible with SageTV release 2.1.9 RC6.
  • SageTV RC6 update fixed Favorite timeslot display. Noon is now shown as “12PM”.
- Andy
Old 10-29-2004, 01:59 AM
SageTVaholic

what different aboout 2.1.9 than the previous release? and nice fixed for time slots
Old 10-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
what different aboout 2.1.9 than the previous release? and nice fixed for time slots
Mostly bux fixes in the SageTV core & a few in the default STV. I just incorporated the STV changes in my STV. One of the core bug fixes solved the timeslot display problem.

- Andy
Old 10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

I got this installed the other day, setup the weather module and yesterday got comskip working. Very nice, thank you!

On the Custom Menus screen there are 3 identical guides (Guide, Guide2, and Guide3) and I found entries in the props file to modify the name and filters for them. Is there a list of all the filters you can use as well a descriptions of the other ways to customize these guides?

Scott
Old 10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Administrator

All you have to do is go to one of the custom Guide screens, use the Options command, and configure it as you want it. You don't need to edit the properties file -- I believe all the options are right there: menu name, grouping, sorting, filtering, & number of rows to display. These are all from malore's custom STV, btw. You can customize the display of any of malore's listing displays like that.

-Andy
Old 11-08-2004, 02:10 AM

Just posting to say thanks.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Administrator

You're welcome.

- Andy
Old 12-29-2004, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

I've got a "bug" for you. OK so technically it's not a bug. Could you disable commercial advance if the current media file is a DVD? I've run into an interesting problem with the STV the way it is now. I have the same two buttons on my remote mapped to both the commercial advance commands (Custom 1, 2 or whatever the numbers are) and next/previous chapter. It works fine for TV (since there are no chapters), and also for next chapter on DVDs, but it kills sage if I try and do a previous chapter durring a DVD.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Administrator

You mean someone else is still using this STV besides me!? I figured everyone had gone to one of the other STVs by now.

Yeah -- I can look into that, but it will have to be early next year some time. I'm about to leave for a few days, so while I will probably be online a bit, I can't do any STV work. Thanks to nielm, I can at least check on the recording/disk status online now!

- Andy
Old 12-29-2004, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
You mean someone else is still using this STV besides me!? I figured everyone had gone to one of the other STVs by now.
Yeah, I'm somewhat torn, I really like the layout of yours/malores (and the comskip), but I really like the DVD library stuff I've been helping mlbdude with in SageMC.

Quote:
Yeah -- I can look into that, but it will have to be early next year some time. I'm about to leave for a few days, so while I will probably be online a bit, I can't do any STV work. Thanks to nielm, I can at least check on the recording/disk status online now!

- Andy
FWIW, unless you changed malore's much it's a really simple fix IIRC. PM me if you want more info.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

2 questions first the live guide in your skin is much better !! thanks !!

is there a way to make the "font" in the live guide (epg screen) smaller and no bold ? (say just a wee bigger than the free drive space text at the top ?)

also can the grid be made to fill the screen ? ie no description (or much smaller description) and no live tv window ? the smaller font and more screen space should allow 20+ channels to display)

also how do I show more than 1.5 hours on screen ? if I could get even as little as a 3 hours grid it would be so much nicer :-)

thanks !! Appreciate any help I can get !!

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Old 01-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys
is there a way to make the "font" in the live guide (epg screen) smaller and no bold ? (say just a wee bigger than the free drive space text at the top ?)
I didn't add that, but the font should resize itself to fit the space available for the text.

Quote:
also can the grid be made to fill the screen ? ie no description (or much smaller description) and no live tv window ? the smaller font and more screen space should allow 20+ channels to display)
Not on the LiveTV Guide screen. But, if you go to Custom Menus -> Guide - XXX, you can customize how many lines to display (use the Options command)... but that isn't a grid layout, so you may not like that option. You can change some more of those options in Detailed Setup -> Custom.

Of course Cayars' STS has a lot more options & I haven't followed what all is available there.

Quote:
also how do I show more than 1.5 hours on screen ? if I could get even as little as a 3 hours grid it would be so much nicer :-)
By using that property that I mentioned in the other thread for setting the number of columns.

- Andy
Old 01-31-2005, 02:02 AM
Administrator

BTW: Is anybody still using this instead of Cayars' STV? If so, do you need the change that stanger89 mentioned above, so that the commercial advance commands don't interfere with DVD playback? I made some changes for that a while back, but I don't use commercial skip, so someone else would have to test it before it gets released.

- Andy
Old 01-31-2005, 04:33 AM

I'm still using your STV for the purpose of simply enjoying my Sage-based PVR. It is the most(time wise) used STV we use. However, almost all my DVDs are ripped and compressed(single OGM/MKV file) so I don'y really use the SageTV DVD player. Still if you'd like someone else to test it out, I'm willing. I'll load up a DVD on the current version and then do the same with the test version. Let me know if you'd like me to try this.

Mainly wanted to let you know there are still people happily using your expanded, but still very user friendly, STV.

/justme
Old 01-31-2005, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I've actually been using the Default STV since I reinstalled, too lazy to change I guess
Old 02-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

hey opis. is there a way to get the disk space bar to properly predict space usage ? I think its predictind way to much space for my recordings vcd is 600mb an hours it looks likes its predicted over 2g per hour.

also I can not use the watched/unwatched to cancel a recording. when I do that it cancels ALL of that episode including the one I want :-)

example I tell it grt first runs and it gets them all anway (I assume its because sci fi is labeling them as all first run)

they are showing for example Litmus is showig 3 times

1st is not recording (conflict) the second is recording and it also recording it again on monday.

when I set the monday showing as watched it also removes the friday showing from the que

also can sage remember what it has seen example its recording episodes I alresdy recorded. do I have to mark it as watched to get it to remember ? is there a way to get it to remember everything it has recorded without me settings to watched ie do not record an airing if it has already recorded that airing at some point in the past ?

Thanks
Chris Taylor
http://www.zodiacreview.com/
Old 02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Administrator

neris: watched applies to an episode, not just an airing. Check the FAQ thread, such as this entry & the following one regarding show IDs and marking episodes as watched, and perhaps "Creating a Favorite" on p. 25 of the v2.1 manual.

- Andy