SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

The tray app would run on other computers on the network. This would not include the sage server per say.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
I think I will end up using the app on my other computer so I am able to see what Sage is currently recording without having to turn on the TV, etc..
Note that the server is only accepting connections from 127.0.0.1 at the moment... This is partly for security, and partly because I don't have any timeout handling for remote connections... So theoretically, a remote system can connect, be powered off, and the plugin will keep the connection to the non-existant remote system open, which will block any new connections...
(yeah it was a quick and dirty hack job!)

I will put some kind of timeout in there at the same time I handle multiple connections
Old 12-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh yeah, kinda forgot about that. I'm putting the programming on hold for now anyway. I don't have the time to finish it up right now, but I may get back to it later. Someone else should be able to churn out an app fairly quickly anyway...
Old 12-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Sage User

I have a system tray application written that I am putting the finishing touches on. My setup complicates matters in that I am using one machine to do all the recording and another to do all the playback. I also do not have a second capture card to test multiple recordings, but it is in the app anyway. I will release the code and app once it is in a stable state.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage User

Hi,
Here is a plugin that works with VLSystem LIS 1 & 2 LCD display.
Alpha for now but seems to work.

download at http://www.le-meur.org/liens.php?id=14

It's an exe (Dlg Box) you put on the SageTv PC.
It displays informations received from Sage and send commands to the LCD.
Bzh

Last edited by tybreizh29; 12-12-2004 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Here is the tray app as promised. It is alpha, it does require the .net runtime, and it is a bit buggy as testing has been limited. Just unzip it into a folder and run the program. It will create a tray icon that you can double click on to bring up the application's dialog box. From there you can go to the configuration tab and configure the server settings. There are additional settings in the SageMon.exe.config.

http://www.webguys.com/pdavis/Progra...on/SageMon.zip
Old 12-12-2004, 05:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any way to integrate it with Smartie?
(this way a much broader range of VFDs/LCDs are supported)

The way it works now with .txt isn't recommended. (current pos isn't accurate, and when there's no txt available you get irritating file location. )

But on the other hand, thanks for the apps
Old 12-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Sage User

I have the second release of the system tray icon Sage Monitor ready. It needs more testing as I have yet to point it to a system that actually plays (just records) but the connection seems stable now. Feedback is always welcome. I have created a wiki for it as well...

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMon
Old 12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am able to bind and see what is playing live on my remote server from telnet but no sagemon tray icon. It is making a connection but is stateing that there is no data. Any ideas? (by the way I restarted sage after testing with telnet)
Old 12-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Sage Icon

Did you specify a server address in either app? Both use 127.0.0.1 (local system) by default. So if you have getstatus on a remote server you need use the servers actual address and on the local client you also need to set sagemon to use the servers address.

If that is correct, did you quit your telnet session properly? If not, telnet keeps it's connection open and blocks sagemon.

If that is correct then I have noticed that sagemon does return "Data returned from server was empty" if there is nothing playing or it is playing recorded TV.

The data is there in telnet from getstatus when playing recorded TV but Sagemon doesn't seem to understand unless currently playing is live TV.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Did you specify a server address in either app? Both use 127.0.0.1 (local system) by default. So if you have getstatus on a remote server you need use the servers actual address and on the local client you also need to set sagemon to use the servers address..
.. and update sage.properties to set the status monitor to listen on all IP addresses (0.0.0.0) (see a post above from me!)
Old 12-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ahhhh I see. I was playing a prerecorded show. That would explain why telnet had something and sagemon didn't. I would assume this is something your working on?
Old 12-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoBen
Ahhhh I see. I was playing a prerecorded show. That would explain why telnet had something and sagemon didn't. I would assume this is something your working on?
It is now Also working on keeping the popup on top of the other windows.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

BTW during a daily recording today I got no notification that it was occuring with sagemon. Again info was displayed via telnet and I got "Data returned from server was empty" again. Keep in mind I have 2 PVR-250 cards...I don't know if this has any bearing on what is occuring.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hello

I have written a plugin for LCD Smartie that uses this status monitor. Check it out at http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/LCDSmartie/Default.htm

Anders Nolberger

Last edited by AndersNolberger; 12-20-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Couple of bugs (maybe

Curpos doesn't seem to work right, or at least could work better.
1) When nothing is playing, then it displays "Error"
2) When somehting is playing it displays mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss (am or PM)

Also, and this is probably directed toward neilm. Can you add recording length so we can do something "current possition / total length"

Oh, and a couple more requests. How about Disk space total/available, next scheduled recording (and time). We need more info to fill the screen when we aren't playing anything

And one more question. Is there any way to to conditional stuff? For example, I'd like to configure it so that when it's playing it displays channel - Show - Episode / on line 1 and curposs / recording length on line 2. And then when not playing anything switch to sequencing through time, disk space used/available, next recording, stuff like that.

Looks cool, unfortunately now I need to get a display for my case
Old 12-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK I found the bug with the time functions showing Error when no show was playing.

All the time function (6,7,8) takes a date/time formatting string as second parameter. To get Curpos without (bogus) date type $dll(sage.dll,8,0,h:nn:ss) and to get show length type $dll(sage.dll,7,0,lh:nn:ss) just like in the example on my webpage. The l in the EndTime formatting stands for "show length".
I have also changed the default formatting for CurPos and EndTime to the above.

The new version is at my webpage.

I would also like to know if there is a way to get LCD Smartie to show something else when there is no data available. The actions tab looked promising but I could not get it to work.

As for disk space and other info I leave this to nielm to answer.

Good night (or should I say good morning) it is 03:00 in the night here now and I should go to work tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Sage Icon

I can telnet from another computer on my network into the sage server and it displays the info properly, however sagemon says data returned from server is empty. Any pointers?
Old 12-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I can telnet from another computer on my network into the sage server and it displays the info properly, however sagemon says data returned from server is empty. Any pointers?
I'm getting the same here also. Think it may have something to do with me having 4 tuners. I haven't followed this thread close enough to see if they ever actually got it to support a multi-tuner setup or not. Had just tried it once to see how (or if) it worked here. I don't really have a need for it, but was just something new to play with, so I gave it a try.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is great!!!

What about some additional data commands:

availablediskspace
useddiskspace
48hourdiskspace
upcomingrecording_show:
upcomingrecording_episode:
upcomingrecording_chan:
upcomingrecording_starttime:
upcomingrecording_endtime:
* maybe calling upcoming recording multiple times will get 1 after another
recordingconflicts
programguildelastupdate
programguidenextupdate

I am building an external application in vb that interfaces with my home automation (homeseer) and want to make it look and behave like sage, so even though it is a different program, it will act as if it is just another sage option. Adding these other options will allow me to replicate data that I would want to keep on my application (recording status, upcoming, diskspace, etc). I call it my poor-man's Studio.