SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Eclipse is probably one of the most popular; it is the one I am using.
http://www.eclipse.org/

Thanks, shadeBlue
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

I will check it out. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Should the duration of DVD playback always be 0? I was looking through the code and it does get set, but in my writer the value is always 0.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Should the duration of DVD playback always be 0? I was looking through the code and it does get set, but in my writer the value is always 0.
Ive been setting up the VFD on my client this weekend (Antec fusion v2 case) and also found out that the duration reported for any of my archived dvds from the SageTV server were being reported as 0. I grabbed Neilm's source from sourceforge and after a bit of digging around it looks like it may be a cache issue. Basically as soon as you start a DVD you'll briefly see the SageTV spinning circle (Im assuming this is while the video is buffering). The DVDs details get cached by the plugin at this point but a valid duration isnt available until the DVD starts playback on the client (i.e. you see some video). I made a little alteration to the code which updates the cached duration value when it becomes valid and (so far) it seems to be working fine. If its still not causing any issues in the next couple of days I'll send Neilm the details.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Sage User

After testing all last week things seemed to be good. That was until Mrs. Slingshot wanted to watch a DVD rip over the weekend and typically, the first one she tried showed a bug (DVD played fine, VFD im driving didnt fair so well). Looks like more debugging needed on my part
Old 10-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is the new v2.25 version of the JAR file in the webserver compatible with the GetStatus JAR file included here? I've used the 9/11/09 version of nielm_sageutls.jar, but it is significantly smaller than the one in the download in this thread. Backwards compatible?

I've recently reinstalled, and while everything is generally functional now, this utility is not. SageMon shows no data at any point while displaying the telnet info, as per the wiki.

Any help greatly appreciated, as I try to rebuild my SageTV server. Thanks!
Software: Windows 2000 SP4, MSIE v6.0, .NET CLR 1.1.4322, .NET CLR 2.0.50727, Java v1.6.0_23
SageTV: SageTV v5.0.4.92, Webserver v2.26R50
Clients: Hauppauge MediaMVP [x2] (Revs D1, D3A)
Old 10-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
Is the new v2.25 version of the JAR file in the webserver compatible with the GetStatus JAR file included here? I've used the 9/11/09 version of nielm_sageutls.jar, but it is significantly smaller than the one in the download in this thread. Backwards compatible?
As of v2.25 nielm is no longer building his web interface. I'm building it using an automated Ant script I created. I checked the contents of the jars to make sure they'd be compatible. If you find any incompatibilities I'll do what I can to fix them.

I think the source was being delivered in previous versions and I saw no need for it so that could explain the difference in size (I don't have copies of the old and new versions handy right now).
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Last edited by jreichen; 12-28-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Wiki

The Wiki page is blank??

I would like to play with this again.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been using this plugin for a few years now with my LCD, but in the past few months i've started to have a problem with it.

The plugin itself seems to get hung up randomly and the only fix is a restart of sage or a reboot of the machine itself.

I use the plugin to get info about what tuner is recording, what show is on, etc. and occasionally it will be in the middle of a recording, and just freeze that information infinitely. So a day later, my LCD will show that it is still recording the same show, and sometimes the timeline is 40 hours into a 30 minute show, even though sage really isn't recording.

Not sure what is causing the lock up, maybe a change in the java runtime since that updates fairly regularly.

I'm pretty sure I used telnet to confirm that the plug-in was reporting the problem and not the LCD interface.

Any idea what I could do to fix this?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Sage User

i can get mine to show what is playing when i watch live tv but if i watch something that is recorded the screen goes blank. any ideas how to set it up so that it shows what is now playing all the time? thats all i want.