SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

I disagree about a complaints sub forum. It was very clear from the first few posts that this thread was going in the complaint direction. You had a choice to post here and further had a choice to contunie monitoring the thread.

These threads are like car wrecks. Everyone says they don't want them, but when one shows up everyone feels the need to look.

John
Old 01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I like to follow what people are so upset about.

I just wish the complaints could be kept organized and separate.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
I second the motion for a 'Complaints' sub-forum.
And I vote against it ! I think complaints are good as long as done in a civiliged manner ... but that's just my opinion
Old 01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I think civilized complaints are fine too, and even the uncivilzed ones should go mostly uncensored. I am not saying they should be removed, just put in a separate place, so that they do not get in the way of or take over other threads.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Administrator

I'm getting a few PMs about this stuff, so let's recap:

1) I'm not going to become the language cop who polices _every_ post for family-friendly wording.

2) If you are going to complain about something, please keep it civilized or it very well may be edited or deleted. There will always be something valid to complaint about for any product, but please don't over do it -- it won't help anyone to keep harping on the same stuff over and over and over and over and... Come to think of it, if complaints are really all you can post & you've stated it before, maybe I will consider removing/consolidating repetitively redundant complaints.

3) No, I can't remove every complaint, since that would just make Frey look bad in terms of removing all dissent. If there is going to a forum for the exchange of ideas and getting help, some bad things will always go with the good.

4) Please don't post public complaints about the complainers; all that will happen is another round of complaints about what is valid to complain about as the complaining complainers complain about complaints regarding their complaints, causing another round of complaints from complainers complaining about the complainers, and so on.

5) Similarly, there is little point in arguing with people who you don't think are being reasonable. They won't change their minds and will probably just yell at you. Sometimes it is worth correcting wrong information so that others don't get misled, but don't expect that to always go over too well either.

I don't really want to start a new forum just for complaints, but maybe what I will do in order to help prevent misleading thread titles is to add some "complaint" notice. This thread ("Information on SAGE 3.0 Release?") sure appears that it might have useful information in it.

Am I complaining? Hell yes - but really just because I've now got to go figure out why my main work PC won't run for more than a few minutes before abrupty showing me that lovely BSOD. Some hardware probably went bad & now that has to be tracked down... some days computers drive me nuts.

Finally... I can end the argument because I can close the thread so we can all move on to bigger & (hopefully) better things.

- Andy, slightly perturbed with PC hardware failures at the moment.
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Closed Thread