Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage Expert

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. Clift
    10-16-2008 11:35 AM
    Clift
    Hey welcome to my page. I am always interested in other's views and interests. Drop me a PM anytime with any questions or comments. I am here to learn, but more importantly, I am here to help!

On the HTPC side I have been doing this since 2008 with various degrees of success. I have been successfully recording and playing back in HD throughout that time (firewire, HDHomerun, ATSC tuner, and HD PVR). I have experience dealing with MCE2005, Vinsta Media Center, SageTV and GB-PVR. My current setup is one machine server/client SageTV 6.4.8 with the following stats:
    Athlon64 X2 BE-2400 @ 2.45GHz, 1GB DDR2 Ram, GeForce 8600GT PCIe, 400 GB Storage, DVD-RW DL, Soundblaster Audigy SE 5.1, MCE IR Reciever/Remote, Firewire, HDHomerun QAM, HD PVR, Sony SXRD 51" 1080p, Yamaha 6.1 Surround Receiver, Brighthouse Networks craple (oops I meant cable).

After much trial and heartache I have my HD PVR running stable and decent. I say decent because I don't like the ArcSoft decoder nor am I a fan of overlay compared to VMR9. BUT, it's stable and channel change over firewire is clean and reliable. edit: I am now using the 6.5.6 beta with EVR under Vista Home Premium... Much better, but still nto quite perfect. The HD PVR will lock up from time to time and the video has a dropped frame here and there every few minutes.

edit edit: I won a Sage HD Theater (STP-HD200) on the Geektonic giveaway. So I am using the HD200 as an extender and my HTPC is working as a SageTV server. The HD200 is great. Not perfect, but great. And stability has not been an issue.

About Me

• About Clift
    Hardware Configuration
    Server: Phenom Triple Core, 2TB; Clients: HD200, HD100; Sage v7, HD Homerun QAM, HVR-2250, HD PVR Colossus PCIe
    Biography
    I'm a mechanical/aerospace engineer doing work at a nuclear facility. i have strong interests in technology and computer hardware/software. unfortunately my software coding skills are more-than-rusty at the moment.
    Interests
    HTPC, Cars, Technology, Home Improvement
    Occupation
    Nuclear Mechanical Engineer
  • Signature
    Server:W7 Ultimate, SageTV 7.1.9
    Capture Devices: HVR-2250, 2x HD PVR 1212
    Clients:
    1x STX-HD100
    3x STP-HD200
    @cliftpompee

Statistics