SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-08-2005, 09:06 AM

Recording current TV without watching

Hi there

What should I do if I want to record a show which has already started some time ago but without watching it. Pressing a button from the TV Guide takes me directly to live TV (to this show) where I could not find an option "record".

Normally pressing OK on the show being currently aired should give me an option to choose either "watch" or "record" but somehow It is not the case.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Depending on what type of remote you have, I think all you have to do is press the 'Record' button. I have the new hauppauge silver remote, and its the button with the red dot on it. I'm sure if you have a different remote, you can map whatever button you'd like to the Record feature in Sage. Essentially this just sets the selected program in the guide as a Manual Recording.

Hope that helps...
Old 02-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage User

If you don't have a remote button mapped to "Record" you can use the keyboard shortcut for record which is CTRL+Y. If you have a button on your remote mapped for "Info" you can bring up the normal detailed info page with the record option on it. Similiarly the keyboard shortcut for "Info" is Ctrl+I.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

You can also fire off a manul record any channel anytime.