SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Sage User

SageTV delete recorded file after finish recording

after I wipe out my OS, my SageTV acting weird.
it deleted my recorded file right after the recording.

Anyone with similar experience?

WinXP SP2
p4 3GHz
1GB Ram
Old 02-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Sage Expert

Yes

the same. i look on the harddisk...sage is record the show, but the file is 0 byte big and after finished the recording, the file is delete.

i have check the harddisk when i restart the server and this have repared the error ( the scandisk runs 10 h)

after this ...no delete
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same problem with just one of my drives. scandisk/chkdsk runs quick (about 2min). Yet this problem continues. I am running version 2.2RC6.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I removed the drive from Sage, and now its recording to a different drive, but sure enough a 0 byte file as its recording. Once it finishes the file is gone. So this is still a major problem for me. I am using SageTV 2.2RC6. I believe just favorites that are recorded the issue.

Last edited by RedR; 01-29-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage 2.2RC6 was not even a production version of 2.2. The latest version is beta 4.1.6. You may want to think of upgrading before pursuing the issue.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry,

Until this problem showed up, my PVR was 100% problem free. I've been watching the forums very close on the 4.x version and am convinced I would be taking quite a few steps backward as far as problems and known issues. I am also using the MVP plug-in for both bedrooms. And again from what I've read the plug-in works far better than the MVP support rolled into version 4.
As far as a production version, I believe they all are since they were released to the public. Weather its beta, a release candidate, or final release. The bottom line here is 2.2 RC6 was the most solid and problem free version I have come across with my setup I've tested on my other equipment. Yes, I tend to agree that 2.2 RC6 isn’t a good version to stop on vs. an actual final release version, problem is they are so few and far between. I refuse to move forward in version just because it’s the most current and to do so on a production box like my PVR "just because it’s current" would cause my wife to toss the PVR out the window. Stability and the existing features are what count here vs. the new features in 3.x and 4.x.
I am fairly convinced that this problem is a setting or some disk locking going on. Just over a month ago I installed PerfectDisk, a defrag utility. I am going to remove that and see if that fixes things.

Thanks for the effort though,
RedR
Old 01-30-2006, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Well based on the issue I would look at user rights to the disk and check what version drivers you're using for the TV tuner cards. You said you changed the recording to a different disk so off the top of my head, these would be the two I would consider. I'm pretty sure if Sage can't write to the drive it won't leave the file behind. That's why it's deleting it almost immediately.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
wouldn't the debug log show if there was a write/permissions error? Try turing debugging on by adding the following to your sage.properties file:

debug_logging=TRUE

Also I'd like to point out that most of us here aren't having problems with the MVP using the latest build of 4.1.6. Since many of us aren't running 2.X versions of sagetv our advice may not help you since we're talking about 2 major releases of seperation and support. Try turning on debugging and see what the resulting log displays.
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Using Wireshark to Troubleshoot Network Issues with your SageTV Setup
Old 01-30-2006, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately back then in 2.2 turning on debugging wasn't an option. But usually the betas by default produced a debug log. Maybe the RC did too.

Gerry
Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've used the debug command in 2.2.8 successfully....Atleast, I'm pretty sure I did.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you guys, I'll give that a spin. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to be on the current version, let alone version 4.x something at the very least and I am quite sure I'll move to it soon. I just cannot allow any kind of outage lasting beyond the time it takes to update and tweak. Once last year I took it down for a couple days to perform maintenance, tweaks and upgrades and I thought the wife was going to kill me. The only thing that saved my skin was I am the only one who can get the PVR working again (woot talk about job security).
I tend to agree thats its a permissions problem, but what boggles me is the files is being created, just not written to.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Sage Icon

I started using the lastest version about 3 weeks ago - on a PC with newly installed XP SP2 and an empty disk for video.

No functional glitches yet, but I've never hit end-cases like disk-full or power fail recovery.

My complaints are:
1. The playback quality is much poorer than Standard TV: Muddy (high freqs missing) in pictures; a scene with a long pan (say, 2 seconds or more) causes lots of jumping - dropped frames? Hauppauge PVR USB2; sole device on USB hub; SageTV quality setting: highest; video disk on separate IDE channel and with 64K blocks. AMD2400 CPU; 512RAM. Svideo to TV.

2. The user interface is OK after you get used to it. But the organization of the menus and wording of the menus is way too geek-like. Needs to be designed by a real user and a human factors person.

I'm fairly happy with this thing so far.