SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Recorded DVD Watching through Sage

Hi, I'm new to site, have searched but can't find out if I can watch my DVD's on Sage after they've been recorded or are still stored on my HDrive.

Also would like to utilize the Media Library/DVD in a similar fashion to the Music Jukebox with artwork. I'm probably missing something, but this seems logical ('Spock!').

Ultimately, I'd like to use the interface to provide both listing(s) and content for my TV's (PC's) throughout the home.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you include the folder they live in as a Library Import folder, Sage will pick them up and make them playable... You can somehow attach DVD box cover art too, but that's too sophisticated for me
Old 02-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

If you ripped the DVD's then you can just use DVDProfiler to get the pics and metadata (or just grab the pic from somewhere) and rename it folder.jpg and place it in the Video_TS directory. I am at work now but am pretty sure that is how you do it.
JUC
Old 02-16-2005, 02:41 PM

DVD's & Sage Setup

Thanks for the responses, I've ripped my DVD's and had Sage up (though with some interferrence, probably r/t the approriate codecs) but still have not been able to set the DVD Playback with exception of the "D:\ ..drive". Obviously ripped DVD's reside on the hard drive - I've created an I:\ (images) drive, but haven't been able to point Sage to it. Anyone have tips? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

I don't think you can set up the DVD drive to read from the HD. That is specifically set aside for actual DVD's played in the DVD drive. But, just add the I drive to the list of imported videos (detailed setup) and you then should be able to view the ripped DVD's if you go to My Videos. You should probably set it up so you rip to I:\DVDs that way, you will have a specific folder in the My Videos section dedicated to DVDs.
Hope this helps
JUC
Old 02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK hope someone can help. I ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink. I place the folder with all the .TS files on the network. On my Sage Server I Connected to the file as drive "Y" I see the folder when connecting to the library in the detail setup. But when I go to imported files I see no files there.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

You have all the DVD files right (.ifo, .bup, .vob)? And did you retain the VIDEO_TS directory? If you could post an example of a path to a DVD that might help.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I can play the file through theater Tek without an issue.

On my pc in the office I have an external drive. On the external drive I have a folder called DVD Movies. In that folder I have a ripped DVD.

On my Sage Server in the livingroom I connected to the folder using My Network Places. I made the DVD Movie folder the Y drive.

Then in Sage I connected the library to the Y drive.

I also have a Z drive with Music and have no issues with my Music.
drive where my dvd folder is located.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

You should rip your DVDs as Drive:\DVD Movies\The Fly\VIDEO_TS. All of the files from your movie should be ripped into the VIDEO_TS directory. And instead of mapping to drive letters you should be using UNC paths. \\SageServer\data (d)\DVD Movies or however your shared drives are named.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.