SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 07-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Actisys + Sage compatibility with UK devices

Not sure what was envisaged for support on a per location basis but this is one thing i guess.. I had to take a leap of faith that i could get sage to work with the actisys remote (sent by frey, thanks) in my system and with my Sky Digital reciever...

Well ... it did flawlessly... programming the numbers from the remote when well, checking within sage confirmed that all the numbers are correct, since then i've had trouble free recording...

The only minor issue is few sky digital boxes have SVIDEO out (sky+ does, maybe some sony models) so you have to make do with composite into the PVR-250.. you can see it on text and icons but its not too bad, and overall the quality has improved since using composite compared to straight aerial.. I also had a lot of problems with glitches in the video stream.. they're still there but i am sure they are more controlled less frequent when using composite/svideo compared to aerial...

ANyways there you go.. want to integrate SageTV with Sky Digital... no problem... just need someone else to confirm for NTL type cable boxes... i am sure they'll be fine..

Jim
Old 07-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Sage User

That was going to my first post

Will the actisys work with my NTL Pace STB ?!

I did find this link
www.redremote.co.uk/

The guys made a device to 'translate' between the non-standard Pace Irda and the rest of the worlds Irda.

He also has a direct serial ir controller that in theoty could be driven directly by SageTV, but that would require code mods?

My plans are for a media server with a couple of PVR-250's on a wireless+wired network and a mini-itx client to run SageTV Client,

I need something like an irman to plug into the client so that it can pick up remote commands and send then to the server over the network which will then control the STB via an actisyn + a redeye!!

Damn you PACE and NTl for you non conformist ways!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah I got sage working with my pace sky digibox and an actisys no problems, what i'd really like it to do though is press backup immediatley after sending the channel change to get rid of those annoying banners we keep getting now.. any ideas?
Old 07-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to Mambo
I am building a three tuner system with a grundig, an amstrad and a panasonic receiver. I didnt receive the digiboxes yet, do you by any chance know, if they use different IR Codes, so that I might be able to use just one actisys?
Old 07-04-2003, 02:35 AM
Sage User

Hmm, three tuners I'm tempted - it would be nice to have two freeview boxes and the cable TV all available as input. That would pretty much cover everyones viewing habits in my household! A mini-itx based SageTV client sat by each TV of course
Old 07-04-2003, 05:10 AM
Sage User

Just got the Actisys and it seems to work fine with my Nokia 221T Freeview box (after some tinkering with the .ir file to stop it sending leading 0's - this confused me for a while!).

Not tried it with the digibox yet as it's already hooked up to a Tivo - this might come later once I get more used to SageTV.

I do have one problem tho. I use a Hauppage PVR-350 and the IR reciever shipped with it seems to get confused by the remote for my Philips TV. I guess the codes are similar. Makes it quite tricky to change channels on the television whilst SageTV is running!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

MrManson, how did you stop the leading Zero's in the IR file.
Thanks

Ron.
* 2x Hauppage HD2000 | 2x SageTV Client |SageTV 7.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:26 AM
Sage User

ron - at work at the moment - I think it's the second or third parameter in the first line - can't remember right now. It needs to be set to 0 to send no leading zero's for the Nokia.

I'm assuming that's what is is for anyway, as changing it resolved my channel selection problems. I noticed that the LED on the set top box was flashing 3 times when I changed channel, which was obviously wrong for 1 and 2 digit channels. I'm sure I remember someone saying something about this in another post, but couldn't find it, so I had a play.

I'll check when I get home.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bodgadle
Yeah I got sage working with my pace sky digibox and an actisys no problems, what i'd really like it to do though is press backup immediatley after sending the channel change to get rid of those annoying banners we keep getting now.. any ideas?
You can get a hardware device that simulates pressing Backup every 60 seconds. Check out http://freespace.virgin.net/itv.regions/skyeye.htm

Nigel
Old 07-08-2003, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mambo
I am building a three tuner system with a grundig, an amstrad and a panasonic receiver. I didnt receive the digiboxes yet, do you by any chance know, if they use different IR Codes, so that I might be able to use just one actisys?
All Digiboxes use the exact same remote control & set of IR codes.

Nigel
Old 07-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Sage User

ron - home now - typical of my memory really - it's the 4th parameter!
Old 07-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks MrManson, I found the place in the file (Top line, forth coloum) and reduced it for '4' to '3' to say that the code I am sending is 3 charators long not 4! Thus no sending a

Thanks again.

Ron.

PS Sky Digibox works 100% better then Telewest PACE 4000i
* 2x Hauppage HD2000 | 2x SageTV Client |SageTV 7.