SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Sage User

I am going through the same thing that FreeDSB4me went through in this thread. I am trying to setup the ir blaster and remote control. I bought the Hauppauge 150 card: comes with the Hauppauge remote and Hauppauge IR Blaster. I have a Dish 301 receiver, WinXP, WinTV2000, .

Here are my steps to get them working:
I checked the box during SageTV install to configure for the Hauppauge remote.
I've installed the WinTV Remote and IR Blaster exe and configured it, and both remote and ir blaster worked with WinTV2000.
When I installed SageTV I opted not to start the SageTVService.exe.
I chose the "Use external Cable or Satellite receiver to tune channel" in the setup wizard
I told it to use the Hauppauge ir blaster.
When I went to channel setup to pick/unpick channels, and clicked view on various channels, SageTV didn't change the channel, it was the same one over and over.
So, I went to Setup Wizard->Existing Source Details-> Tuner Control and picked the Test Infrared Code option. It tells you to "select an infrared code from the list below to transmit." I look in the box below this text and there's no list.

I did a little searching in all forums and didn't run across anyone else with this issue. Can anyone assist me? Sorry, I've never trained a remote before. I get the idea, but I look in some of the .ini files and they look blank.

Thanks, Kristen
Old 02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Administrator

(I moved this out of the thread about the USB-UIRT since this is about a different blaster. Maybe someone who uses it will see it under a different title.)

The Hauppauge IR blaster that comes with the 150 is not capable of learning any IR codes and is not the same as a USB-UIRT. Essentially, it has to be set up using Hauppauge's software & then SageTV just uses it as it is configured. I don't know much else about the 150's blaster, though. If no one else has an idea for its use with SageTV & Since you say its configuration works with the Hauppauge software, I would ask Frey's tech support if they have ideas.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Sage User

This is silly, but the darn blaster came unstuck from the cable box, and that is why it couldn't change the channels. Fyi, it is a wired blaster from the card and it comes with double stick tape on it. You have to stick the blaster to the IR receiver on the cable box. The cat yanked it off.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaiden
The cat yanked it off.
That's just not nice... here we go showing off cats all over this forum & one gets a notion in its head to sabotage things. Maybe yours is jealous & wants its picture on the forum too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.