SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Domain login problem when using service?

Okay this is a strange one. Let me start by saying the problem is *I* can't log in, not the service! Also I'm using SageTV v2.2.6.

I'm one of those goofy people who has an NT (2K actually) domain at home. My HTPC is a member of the domain. And I frequently access the HTPC from work via remote desktop.

When I have the SageTV service enabled and started, and the machine has sat for a while (like overnight), I can't log in to the machine via remote desktop using my domain login. A local login works fine. And domain login works fine as soon as I shut off the SageTV service.

System info: machine is homebuilt with an Intel D865PERL mobo, P4-3.0 processor, 1g RAM, 160g ATA HD, using onboard LAN & sound, ATI Radeon 9550 AGP video card, and Hauppauge 150MCE capture card. OS is XP with SP2, firewall is turned off. Sage is programmed to record to the local drive, although some other stuff (music and videos) are accessed over the network. SageTV service is using default settings, logging in as "LocalSystem".

Eric Law
Old 03-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw
Okay this is a strange one. Let me start by saying the problem is *I* can't log in, not the service! Also I'm using SageTV v2.2.6.

I'm one of those goofy people who has an NT (2K actually) domain at home. My HTPC is a member of the domain. And I frequently access the HTPC from work via remote desktop.

When I have the SageTV service enabled and started, and the machine has sat for a while (like overnight), I can't log in to the machine via remote desktop using my domain login. A local login works fine. And domain login works fine as soon as I shut off the SageTV service.

System info: machine is homebuilt with an Intel D865PERL mobo, P4-3.0 processor, 1g RAM, 160g ATA HD, using onboard LAN & sound, ATI Radeon 9550 AGP video card, and Hauppauge 150MCE capture card. OS is XP with SP2, firewall is turned off. Sage is programmed to record to the local drive, although some other stuff (music and videos) are accessed over the network. SageTV service is using default settings, logging in as "LocalSystem".
This is a very strange problem! If Sage is using the local system account, it should not effect your domain or other local accounts at all. Your positive its using local system?
Old 03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using default ports in SageTV?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

That is very strange, I'm running the same version here on a win2k3 domain and I'm not running into the issues you are having.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

My PDC is Samba, my Sage server is Win2k3 (yes, I *am* a little bit crazy). My service logs on with a domain account.... no problems here.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Salsbst: Not sure what you mean by "default ports"?

Just an update, I've set the service to log on using a domain account. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll solve the problem, I'll probably have to give it 24 hours or so to be sure.

Although the HTPC is pretty new, the domain was upgraded from NT 4.0 and has some "baggage" for lack of a better word (among other things the full name has no dots in it which I've since discovered is a no-no). However, there's a direct cause-and-effect thing with the Sage service - if it's not running the machine works fine, if the service *is* running I have the login problem. Odd!

Eric Law
Old 03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Salsbst: Not sure what you mean by "default ports"?
I was wondering whether you had changed the TCP ports on which SageTV's server and client communicate, which could potentially cause conflicts with the Windows domain comms.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like a remote desktop issue to me.. not a domain or SageTV problem.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Aaah, those ports! Nope, haven't done anything to them. In fact, server's not even running (so far my entire Sage experience is taking place on one machine).

As far as remote desktop goes, I gotta say I've been using RD and Terminal Services (RD's predecessor) for years with literally hundreds of different programs and never encountered an issue like this. Once in a blue moon you'll find an app that doesn't run right under RD but I've never seen anything actually interfere with the login process.

In any event, I'm keeping my fingers crossed - I've configured the service to use a domain login and so far no trouble!

Eric Law