SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Question Intermittent ff then no audio

Anyone else seen this behavior? I've had this intermittent problem for quite some time through multiple Sage versions, at least since 2.1.10 and still here with 2.2.7, don't remember if it was present 2.0. Specifically 1 out of 10 or 15 times after ff (long or short doesn't matter) audio vanishes. Hit ff or fr again and audio back. Does it whether ff is via remote or automatically ff via comskip. Might go an hour show and not happen, might happen a couple times during an hour show. Seems totally random. I suspect it may be hardware related specific to my main HTPC Client, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe sound output via SPDIF. Can't replicate problem on Client my or Debi's workstations, simple PC stereo speakers standard mini-plug output both with different mobos neither same mobo as HTPC.

It's about the only continuing bug or problem with Sage and WAF, thankfully a minor issue but annoying.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Sage Icon

I have this as well. It was not there in 2.0.20.
But, I don't have to press ff again to get the sound back, although if I do it comes back. If I wait 4-5 seconds it comes back by itself.

It is minor, my WAF is not affected.

Have you placed a bug report?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
I have this as well. It was not there in 2.0.20.
But, I don't have to press ff again to get the sound back, although if I do it comes back. If I wait 4-5 seconds it comes back by itself.
I've never waited that long so didn't know!

Quote:
It is minor, my WAF is not affected.
Truth be told it's probably more annoying to me than Debi. I'm picky about things working!

Quote:
Have you placed a bug report?
No, but guess I should. If you haven't why don't you too! Are you also using SPDIF output?
edit: Support request has now been submitted.

Last edited by mdmint; 03-09-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Administrator

I remember this coming up on the forum a long time ago, but it hasn't been mentioned much lately. I don't know if that means it went away for most people or they got used to it. It used to happen to me, but I haven't had it happen in probably nearly a year.

Audio decoder related, perhaps? I don't remember what the conclusion was back then. If the old one was taken care of, maybe this one has a new cause.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

I believe this only happens when using the InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder. If you change your Audio Decoder to MPEG Audio Decoder it should fix it.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I believe this only happens when using the InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder. If you change your Audio Decoder to MPEG Audio Decoder it should fix it.
Good catch. The HTPC was set for Intervideo audio decoder, tested playback via multiple 10sec jumps, lost audio problem occurs. Then tested with Cyberlink & Sonic audio decoders, it be okie-dokie.

Since the Intervideo is the included audio decoder with Sage (IIRC) it would indeed be a bug.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Thats not true. Sage includes the SageTV MPEG Audio & Video Decoders. The Intervideo ones came with the tuner card.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Thats not true. Sage includes the SageTV MPEG Audio & Video Decoders. The Intervideo ones came with the tuner card.
That's why I said IIRC, which I apparently didn't!