SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Very odd recording problem

My wife records "Summerland," but when she went to watch last week's episode, the time bar seemed all messed up. The introduction song for the show (usually comes at like 2 or 3 minutes after) showed up at 40 minutes after. The show then ended WAY prematurely.

But that's not the weird part. If you click back in the time bar, it goes to different parts of the show (parts that you didn't see yet), and if you click around the bar you see different NEW parts of the show. Like the whole show is there, somewhere, but then when you watch it overall, or jump to the middle or end, the whole thing cuts off most of the show and you only see about 7 or 8 minutes of actual video.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I'm using 2.2.7 (and Cayars' STV, but the same thing happened with original STV). I tried deleting dependent files and re-processing comskip, tried without comskip, etc., to no avail.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've seen this on a few of my recordings. The weird thing is, in my case, if you view the recorded file directly with WMP it will play just fine. Haven't experienced this in a long time, but I have seen it. Wish I could help you more.

Regards,

Beau
Old 03-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just curious, did you take a look at the file? I have had this happen to me if for some reason the show had been recorded in split recordings. (Instead of having one file for Summerland you would have Summerland, Summerland(1), etc...
Old 03-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, file is a single one, not split. I can't tell if I get the same problem in WMP or not, I'm testing it now. I do find that when I jump ahead on the time-bar, it takes about 45 seconds or so before it will start playing again. Very weird.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Sage Expert

I had this happen when I was using a MVP as a client.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hello mbrown3,

I have recently got sage up and running and I am experiencing exactly what you described in the post you started this thread with. I was hoping you had figured this issue out and could give me some help.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse
Old 04-14-2005, 08:08 AM

Yeap, I got the same exact problem with Seinfeld last night.
One file, no split. And file plays fine in WMP, ie from the beginning. Playing from Sage starts somewhere in the middle.