SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Sage Expert

Double Recording

Today I noticed that Sage recorded two showings of the same exact episode. sometimes this happens if the episode names are generic but this time both the shows had teh same specifc show summary and they both had the same Episode ID number found in Detailed Info. Any ideas?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Administrator

What exactly was the episode ID, including prefix, & what was the show? Also, I don't remember where you are & whether you are using the EPG data downloaded from Frey vs. XMLTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Sage Expert

EP2298270141 and it was South Park. I am using Frey

I have another question that is probably a separate problem but it has to do with recording intelligence.

I have a favorite for Re-Runs of King of the Hill wiht
AutoDelete: No
Keep at Most: 2

and it refuses to stay at 2 recordings. Right now there are 4 in htere and there is another one scheduled to record. I also have a King of the Hill first runs if that is relevant. But the 4 that I am counting are definitely re-runs. JUst now I went to the favorites options and when i hit ok, the upcomign recording of king of the hill just went away. I did something similar yesterday but I still got more king of the hill today and I didn't watch any of my old ones, or delete them.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
EP2298270141 and it was South Park. I am using Frey
Strange... I've never had multiple of the same show recorded when they had unique EP ID numbers. I would let Frey know, because it should have been able to see that they were the same show.

The only thing I can think of is that I noticed some future episodes have unique EP IDs & some have generic SH IDs. I wonder if they were recorded while they were listed as SH episodes & then the guide data got updated with the actual episode info. (I don't know whether it will do that, but...)

Quote:
I have a favorite for Re-Runs of King of the Hill wiht
AutoDelete: No
Keep at Most: 2

and it refuses to stay at 2 recordings. Right now there are 4 in htere and there is another one scheduled to record. I also have a King of the Hill first runs if that is relevant. But the 4 that I am counting are definitely re-runs. JUst now I went to the favorites options and when i hit ok, the upcomign recording of king of the hill just went away. I did something similar yesterday but I still got more king of the hill today and I didn't watch any of my old ones, or delete them.
You can get more than the max number if a few are recorded in a row before the schedule gets updated, but once the max is reached (or exceeded) they shouldn't be added to the schedule again later.

Is the rerun fav set to a specific channel? If so, I think IR can catch episodes on another channel -- do all of the recordings have a white border?

By any chance, do you have a third KotH fav that has no recording limit & which includes reruns? I once had a forgotten fav that was throwing things off like this.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that I noticed some future episodes have unique EP IDs & some have generic SH IDs. I wonder if they were recorded while they were listed as SH episodes & then the guide data got updated with the actual episode info. (I don't know whether it will do that, but...)
I thought of this, unfortunately after I deleted one of the shows, so I can't be sure if that happened or not. Its not really a big deal I guess.

Quote:
You can get more than the max number if a few are recorded in a row before the schedule gets updated, but once the max is reached (or exceeded) they shouldn't be added to the schedule again later.

Is the rerun fav set to a specific channel? If so, I think IR can catch episodes on another channel -- do all of the recordings have a white border?

By any chance, do you have a third KotH fav that has no recording limit & which includes reruns? I once had a forgotten fav that was throwing things off like this.
I think what happened was the first thing since I don't have another favorite and I don't have IR. I guess there's nothing wrong with it if Sage can't catch up but going 3 episodes over is a bit much. Do you know if there is a way to force a calculation of the schedule? is this the same as the EPG update?
Old 03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have seen an issue a few times with shows that play on two channels simultaneously. I have one set as a favorite and locked to a specific channel, but every so often IR will record the same show on the other channel at the same time, so I end up with two recordings of the same show. I submitted a bug report to Frey a few weeks ago about this, so hopefully it will get fixed...

-Dan
Old 03-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I think what happened was the first thing since I don't have another favorite and I don't have IR. I guess there's nothing wrong with it if Sage can't catch up but going 3 episodes over is a bit much.
If there are several shows aired in a row, it can do that, but it shouldn't be adding the shows back to the schedule on the next day for that specific fav.

Quote:
Do you know if there is a way to force a calculation of the schedule? is this the same as the EPG update?
The EPG updates daily; the schedule updates as needed. Any time something changes that would cause SageTV to rethink the schedule causes it to... uh... rethink the schedule. Some things that would kick it off: set a show as Watched or Don't Like, add/modify a favorite, add a manual recording, EPG data gets updated, etc.

- Andy