SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Trying to reinstall SageTV

My copy of Windows XP Pro would not boot so I had to reinstall . now I am trying to reinstall SageTV versio 2.2.7 and am getting the following error "There was a capture error in the playback- Details- error (-2,0X80040207). There was a problem using a SageTV component please reinstall SageTV application". I have tried reinstalling twice with the Same result. I have java jre1.5.0_01 installed and Directx 9.0c installed. Using a 250 and 350 Hauppague cards.

anybody have any ideas on what going on here. Thanks
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Sage Expert

What version of the PVR-250/PVR-350 drivers did you install?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed version 1.18.21.22301 from SHS web site. I believe I had previously had 22292 installed, just going from memory.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I went to the Hauppauge web site and downloaded what should be the 22292 update. However I first install the base driver which shows as 22266 and then when I run the driver update it does not show 22292 but still show 22266 in device manager. Am I missing a step? Thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I thought they recommend that you run the HCWCLEAR program to clear out the previous drivers and then install the drivers for the card.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

thanks but i did that and still not getting upgrade to 22292.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Turak, as you implied in you response I have it narrowed down to the 350 Driver. I installed the 250 and disabled the 350 and the problem has gone away. So what am I doing wrong that I cannot get the 22292 drivers to install properly . On the hauppague its say these are not full driver sets so does that mean I have to have a previous full driver set installed for them to work? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK guys I really need help with this. I cannot get SageTv to use 1.18.21.22301 Drivers I tried to install the drivers from the Hauppague site with the same result. The problem once again is the PVR 350 Card As I said above If I diable the 350 SageTV will work with the 250 . So I need a set of drivers that will work with the 350 and the 250. Its been months since I installed these drivers and I am assuming I do not need to get back to the stage about the IVAC drivers which as I remember cured the problem of cards with different chips. So please help I can't use sage until a find a solution. thanks

PS IF I sound like I am pleading , I am.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

the answer

In the interest of providing information that may help others the following is the result of my re-installing adventure. Before the system failed I was running SaveTV and WIN XP/MCE on the same machine but in a dual boot environment. This prevented the two software packkages from causing driver problems. When my system failed and I did the re-installation I did away with the dual boot and installed Sage and MCE on the same drive and partition. that's when I encountered the error first mentioned in this thread. The issue as it turns out is that MCE attaches or takes control of the WIN TV driver (of course who knew) and that was the reason I was getting the error message when trying to install and run SageTV . I learned this bit of information from a support email from Hauppauge support. A Ray Rodriguez was very helpfull and gave me a detailed description and work around for the problem. The culprit is a service that start automatically called ehRecvr.exe, the fix is to go into services.msc and change the startup value a manual instead of automatic. One I did that I was able to get SageTV to install and run properly. It was also implied that once set to manual this service would start if you fired up MCE. So this solution seemed to be the best of both worlds. Unfortunately when my system is re-booted this service once again starts automatically even though it is still set to manual start. I have not yet figured out why this is happening.

Why use MCE and SageTV? In my case I was using MCE before I started using SageTV and have been evaluating both of them for some time now. My preference is SageTV as it provides much more control over configuration. Fry's responsiveness is also a plus. When something is broken in MCE it stay broken for quite some time. Plus being an OEM product you are on your own.

So hopefully this information will be of use to someone else.