SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Strange Behavior

I just reinstalled my system after a major Windows xp/MCE failure. As I recall when a show ended their was a slight hesitation which was SageTv deleting the show. Now their is the same hesitation but in addition the channel changes to the same channel I am watching. Obviously the channel does not change but the channel changing displays on the TV and the Cable box(it actually does it on both cable boxes when i am recording one show and watching another). Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so is their a fix for it. I am using 2.2.7 release.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mine does this too. Running 2.2.7 on MCE '05. Also happens sometimes in the middle of a show. It will change the channel to the same channel for no apparent reason. Doesn't really affect anything I guess, just weird.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Check this property:
Quote:
mmc/always_tune_channel - true/false to force a channel tune for each recording even if the next recording is on the same channel
It is probably set to true by default now & maybe it was false previously.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

It was set to true so I changed it to false and that fixed it. Thanks again for your help.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

I have a similiar problem when watching LiveTV & recorded shows that are still recording, the channel suddenly changes. Usually up or down ONE channel. This is only happening on the Client and I can not find anything on the client properties files with mmc/always_tune_channel in it.

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I have a similiar problem when watching LiveTV & recorded shows that are still recording, the channel suddenly changes. Usually up or down ONE channel.
Do you mean just in the middle of the show, or for actually changing to the next recording? If it is in the middle of the show, it sounds like a channel change command was received somehow.

This may have nothing to do with your situation, but I find that the wheel on my mouse seems to like to suddenly shift w/o me touching it at all. (It was probably left in-between 2 states & finally settled.) If I were watching live tv, this would cause the channel to change up/down by 1.

Quote:
This is only happening on the Client and I can not find anything on the client properties files with mmc/always_tune_channel in it.
Here's how to think about where you can find specific properties... does it pertain to the way the UI is displayed, or does it relate to the way SageTV's core operates? If it isn't UI related, it is most likely something specific to the server and won't have any affect while in the client's property file. This one determines how the core tunes the channel for the next recording, so it sounds like it should be a server-only property to me.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.