SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

double songs listed in My Music

Well, I seem to be plagued with double listings of some of my songs in the my music section. I have searched on this and remembered some people needed to remove/rename the folder then reimport it. But--that didn't work for me. Restarted sage too mind you. Also, one weird thing i found was that when I removed the folder pointing to my Music, I restarted sage, and my music would still show up--albums and all. I would think that if i removed the folder, sage should not be able to see it--especially after a rescan of the directories. But my albums are still showing up---even after I removed the import folder/renamed the My music folder and restarted everything!!! So, how can I go about completely removing the entries in My music without a fresh install and why am I still getting double entries?
Thanks
JUC
Old 03-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Administrator

I know I've seen this before & I thought someone got around it, but I can't find the older thread.

Instead of just renaming the curent music lib directory, did you try creating a blank dir to replace the one you renamed? Maybe it would make a difference if it saw thathe dir is empty rather than no longer existing at all.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

good thought. I will try that when I get home. I thought the work around was to just rename/remove the folder then reimport it--but the blank folder idea seems like a better fix...we'll see
thanks
JUC
Old 03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

There is another thread on this somewhere. I couldn't find it either. I had the problem too. I recall vaguely, I think I ended up going into properties and deleting the references to media libraries. Remember, close sage first, edit properties, and then restart Sage.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
There is another thread on this somewhere. I couldn't find it either.
Aha! Now that I knew the name of someone in the thread, I found a comment that I think will work. There is probably more than one thread, but I think you are referring to this part of a discussion & that seems to be what I was looking for.

Try setting this property:

make_all_mediafiles_local=true

It is normally false & will revert to false after you restart, but it might solve the problem.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ha! Didn't think of searching by my own name...

Good luck!