SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2005, 03:58 PM

How to get Sage 2.2.7 to recognize both tuners

Greetings,

I just bought a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500MCE. I was able to make one of the two tuners on this board work properly in SageTV 2.2.7; however I am not sure how to make Sage recognize both tuners.

I have also read that there is no need for a splitter because the card can split the signal from one cable connection. Is that true?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

First: I don't have a pvr-500... I'm just replying since this question has been sitting here for several hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcqueen
I just bought a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500MCE. I was able to make one of the two tuners on this board work properly in SageTV 2.2.7; however I am not sure how to make Sage recognize both tuners.
Could you describe what problem you are running into? If you can be more specific about it, maybe someone with a 500 would know what to suggest.

When you go to Setup -> Setup Wizard -> Add New Source, do you see 2 sources from your 500? If you do see 2 sources, simply select the one you haven't configured yet & configure it like you did the first tuner.

Quote:
I have also read that there is no need for a splitter because the card can split the signal from one cable connection. Is that true?
That is true -- the single TV coax input has an internal splitter, so you only need to connect a single cable coax line. The svideo connection does not have any sort of splitter, so to add a 2nd svideo source, you would need something like this: Additional input connector for PVR-500 (case slot bracket).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

If Sage is only seeing one of the two tuners then check your device manager and make sure there aren't any conflicts etc (both tuners should be in the device manager as if you installed 2 separate cards). If there is a conflict that you can't resolve then you may need to try a different PCI slot.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Sage User

I have a problem with my pvr500 and sagetv 2.2 trial.
when I take the setup wizard and choose my first tuner everything works ok.
when I go back to do the same with the second tuner #2 it can't find any channels...
(yes, it's installed properly with the newest drivers) no problems in the "device manager"
does anyone know why this happend? and how to fix it?
I use the coaxial input on my pvr-500card
please help
Old 07-27-2005, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Not sure why it wouldn't find any channels but when I setup mine I told it that it was the same source as the first tuner and accepted the channels that it already found for that source. Maybe you can try that?

BobP.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Sage User

I tried this.
but when i came to the part of the setup wizard where it tests my settings for the second tuner it doesnt work. no audio and no video.
I continued anyway and finished the wizard. I could now se that both the tuners where added to sagetv. But, when i went into the program to se live tv i get nothing. all audio an video is gone. I delete the second tuner again and everything works....

?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Did you try running Hauppauge's HCWCLEAR utility, then rebooting & re-installing? That is supposed to clear things out completely so you can try a fresh install of the drivers.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Sage User

hi!
no I havent done this yet.
because I have only installed this card once....
I got it yesterday, put it in and downloaded the latest drivers from hauppauge's page.. version "...23074"
Everything seems to be installed sucsessfully.
this was a fresh install...

I can ofcourse try to do the same thing once more....
Old 07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage User

hello again.

I did now try to du what you said and tok a complete driver and .inf removal.
After the new installation i ran setup wizard again and tried to add the second tuner.
It resulted in the same problem again. the tuner nr 2 installs properly, but gives me only black screens when i try to test the configuration in setup wizard. It also results in my first tuner not to work.
I removed the second tuner again, and then the first tuner works.

please try to come with more solutions... I really need this to work....
thanks!

Last edited by smurf__; 07-27-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Maybe someone with a 500 will have more ideas, but I don't have one of those cards. Don't forget that you can try contacting SageTV's tech support to see if they know what it might be.

- Andy
Old 07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Sage User

let's hope someone with a card like this reads this thread.

I forgot to say that I have the same problem with beondtv trail....
so I don't think this is a "sagetv error"
but stil, I need to find the reason.....
Old 07-27-2005, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I have dual PVR-500's in my sage box and never had any problems with getting sage or windows to recognize either of them.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Sage User

I installed both the tuners sucsessfully in both windows, sagetv trail and beondtv trail. but the second tuner is just not working.
and when it is configured in one of the programs it makes the first tuners also not to work....

%¤%#¤#¤%¤%#¤ =)

edit: I have now tried to put the card in my second pci slot, I read somewhere that this could do the trick... but now... same thing happends.

can my card be broken?

Last edited by smurf__; 07-28-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like your card could be broken. I have a PVR500 with both tuners working fine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Sage User

Yes, that is the only solution I can come up with..
I will contact the shop, and ask for a new one.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:06 AM

i have a 500 card. and though both tuners show up in device manager i only have 1 option in sagetv "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II"

i cant figure out how to get the second tuner installed.

I've had it for some months now so i'm quite frustrated
"
Old 10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Sage User

I have the same issue, windows sees both tuners fine.. but sage only shows 1 tuner. I know the card is good, i've had it working on a previous mobo and both tuners are ok. Windows is not showing any irq conflicts. I've moved slots 5 times and disabled everything i could (usb, sound...etc) i'm out of ideas!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

not sure if was a bad install of sage or i goofed when i installed the drivers, but i broke down and reinstalled from scratch and it works fine now. Really the first time up and running 100% so i'm doing a "burn in" on the recording end. For what it counts... I heard that sometimes sage can disable tuners and to check the properties files and double check there... Hope that helps someone.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpup32
For what it counts... I heard that sometimes sage can disable tuners and to check the properties files and double check there... Hope that helps someone.
this has happened to me quite a bit. Check your mmc/ignore_encoders= line to see if sage disabled the tuner for some reason..

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

i'll have to check that property entry. both my pvr-500 tuners show up fine in all incarnations of sage v2 and v3 beta except for the most recent beta (3.0.11) under that version it drops one of the tuners from the list.