SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

View Poll Results: What STV Do YOu Like To Use
Default Original2.stv 18 10.00%
MalDude2 5 2.78%
Cayars 77 42.78%
Malore 5 2.78%
SageMC 8 4.44%
SageMC2 3 1.67%
SageMC16x9 39 21.67%
Meekell 8 4.44%
gbOptions 1 0.56%
laurenglenn 2 1.11%
Original + nielm import modules 7 3.89%
Others (Specify in your post) 4 2.22%
MCEXCON 3 1.67%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Sage Icon

[Poll] STV You Are Using

I use default original2.svt, just wanna know what others use. For a list of customs STV, get it here: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7953

Update: Wow, I guess Cayars' IS "The Ultimate STV."
I tried it before but didn't like it much, but now trying Cayars again and it seem much more refined. Great job Cayars.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 04-06-2005 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Voted for others - Mlbdude2 for SageTV 2

One of the first I tried and I still like it a lot.

Jan
Old 04-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Sage User

Sage 2.2.6
* MalDude2
* Dynamic main menu v2.4
* Imdb Search
* Webserver for SageTV 2.1
* Weather Report Suite
Old 04-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Sage Expert

I'm mainly using Cayars, but I'm also looking into SageMC16x9 (which has a much higher WAF). I like all the stuff in Cayars, but I also like the simplicity of SageMC... What to do, what to do...
Old 04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm a maldude2 guy, myself. I like its looks. I know it's sort of dead in the water these days, though. At some point I may hop on the Cayars bandwagon.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Sage User

I tried several other STVs but always reverted to the original SageTV interface. Some of them have great features but look cluttered, which is imo not sufficient for a HTPC application. Other ones are beautiful but take up too many resources, don't work 100% with my remote or have too small fonts to read on my ordinary TV.
Maybe one day, I'll find the perfect STV
Old 04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

i use nielm's custom menu .stv. it's easy to set up and allows you near-total control over which menu options are visible. and, you can make custom menus. easy to set up, hard to break..
Old 04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

MCEXCON
Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Sage User

I second Fluffdaddy's vote for MCEXCON. Judging from the activity on it in the forums I believe it should have been listed in the poll. I understand the draw of Cayer's with the DVD Burning and many other things (alas, I have no DVD burner) and SageMC16x9 placating those of us with enough funds for widescreen if not high definitions sets. But I think MCEXCON has something more to offer the average user. It isn't as hard to set up as Cayer's (in my experience of using both) and has the majority of adjustments available through the GUI. Some may not like the default background but that can easily be changed from within the interface and there are other more neutral ones that come with MCEXCON. I actually used to use MalDude2 when I only had a 20" TV because MCEXCON definitely requires a larger screen, but after tweaking the font sizes etc it looks beautiful on new my 32" TV. It has a unique layout that is fully customizeable so if you are looking for something other than a slight mod of the standard Sage interface, give MCEXCON a try!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still can't decide!

I have been bouncing between:
  • meekell - Very simple (high WAF), a lot of untapped potential, BUT!!! LOVE the progress bar with show information embedded!
  • SageMC 16x9 - Clean interface (High WAF)
  • MCEXCON - Original, (med-high WAF)
  • Cayars - Lots of functionality but not much of an improvement over the original - (low WAF)

I wish I could make up my mind

What I really want is to be able to use Studio to pick and choose from the different STV's and build what I want!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmiller
I second Fluffdaddy's vote for MCEXCON. Judging from the activity on it in the forums I believe it should have been listed in the poll.
... It has a unique layout that is fully customizeable so if you are looking for something other than a slight mod of the standard Sage interface, give MCEXCON a try!
I messed up the poll a few times until I kinda got it right. The problem was there were more than 10 STV's, but when creating a poll, it only allow a maximum of 10 choices. At first, I did not know that and I thought something was wrong with the poll page. But good thing some moderator here fixed and added all the extra choices that weren't included due to the poll choices limit I encountered.

But as for MXECON, I agree its the most unique STV. In fact, only MXECON, Meekel, and SageMC are alternative designs. The rest are just modified default Original2.stv.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyfodder
i use nielm's custom menu .stv. it's easy to set up and allows you near-total control over which menu options are visible. and, you can make custom menus. easy to set up, hard to break..
ditto on nielm's custom menu.xml stv -- (it's not listed on the poll's list? unless i missed something?).