SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

EOF Lockup - Not PVR 350 Related

So I know there are a lot of people experiencing the EOF lockups when using the output on the 350, but has anyone been having problems otherwise? Lately, I have occasional problems where, once a recorded show stops playing, Sage just freezes. This occurs, I'd say, about 15% of the time. Most of the time when this happens, the Delete Options menu will be on the screen, but sometimes its just the last frame of the video.

It is not a hard lockup though, and Sage will keep recording as long as I leave it... The keyboard, remote, or mouse (cursor) will not respond in Sage at all. However, I am able to CTRL-ALT-DEL and open the task manager. I can then close Sage from there and restart and everything is fine until the next freeze.

This has happened a few times at night and I have just left Sage frozen there until the morning. All of the upcoming shows were recorded without any problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or anything like this? It did not used to be a problem, although I don't think I can pinpoint exactly when it started occuring. I am guessing that it must be either driver or Sage related, since those are the only things that I really ever upgrade on my system.

Any thoughts?

-Dan
Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I also noticed that playing a (downloaded) MPEG2 file also can cause an "EOF" lockup and not just a recorded file...

(my 2 cents)
Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Sage Icon

A similar situation started with my system as well. The first time I noticed it is with 2.2.7 I believe. It has happened 4 times so far but not all identical.

Twice was as you described.
Once, when I was watching a show being recorded, timeshifting 2-3 minutes before the actual end, SageTV just closed alltogether.
The other time, the frozen last frame stayed there for 20-30secs, I heard the CPU fan revving up, meaning that the CPU util was way up, RC presses did not do anything and all of a sudden the SageTV Main Menu appeared and all the RC commands queued were processed.

I haven't placed a support ticket yet since I haven't been able to reproduce the issue.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Sage Icon

Some more....
Pre-2.2.7 I had the frozen video frame while watching a video and forwarding or rewinding. As in your case, once frozen, SageTV would record everything. I believe that was SageTV-decoder related.
2.2.7 seems to have fixed this.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had the same porblem mostly with XVID (That all I have) I have ripped my kids DVDs to XVID and about 10-20% of the time, randomly sage will go black, no mouse response or remote response. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and stop sage process whic is usually running at 90-98%.

THis is really anoying for the wife and myself and the only problem that nagging me from using sage anymore. I want to use another front end for my videos but that seems alot of work.

technazz
Old 04-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I had the same porblem mostly with XVID
Umm, the PVR 350 does not playback XVID.........
Old 04-07-2005, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

They're talking about EOF problems on systems WITHOUT the PVR350. Some people have noticed different variety of EOF problems lately.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Ahhh.... I misunderstood due to the tread title
ie. I am an idiot, and need to take a nap before I ignore workd like "not" more often.